Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Name’s Bond

globaldiver

1 hour ago, Traf said:

Baz, myself and others from here have asked the Trust a few questions about this and they're being predictably cagey/evasive/defensive.

The trust are borderline fraud merchants.

I'd rather lose 5k with a chance of a gain under a pseudo investment vehicle and some chance of a return with the bond than chuck £500 into a trust justgiving pot with no potential return with the trust. 

It's the equivalent of sticking 500 quid on a roulette wheel where all numbers put £500 into the trust. 

57 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I'd rather lose 5k with a chance of a gain under a pseudo investment vehicle and some chance of a return with the bond than chuck £500 into a trust justgiving pot with no potential return with the trust. 

It's the equivalent of sticking 500 quid on a roulette wheel where all numbers put £500 into the trust. 

£500 funds their social media/website for about 18 days.

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, stevieb said:

Nobody is donating £500 to the Trust, nor are they asking for amounts like that. It's aimed at people who couldn't afford the £500 minimum Bond investment, to give them a sense of "doing their bit" I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Nobody is donating £500 to the Trust, nor are they asking for amounts like that. It's aimed at people who couldn't afford the £500 minimum Bond investment, to give them a sense of "doing their bit" I suppose.

Wheres the money going to go though?

17 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I wouldn't say I've anything against the trust and fair play for at least trying something positive but I've no intention of giving them a tenner annual subs, let alone contribute to their project

Where I am at Dave. Was interested at the first meeting but it never really came to what I’d thought. 

42 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Once the crowd fund has ended, they're having a poll to decide. Probably improvements to the Fan Zone.

I don't use the fanzone, therefore I am oot.

Nam Ploy ultras all the way. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I don't use the fanzone, therefore I am oot.

Same here. I haven't invested in the Bond Scheme and won't be donating to the Supporters' Trust crowdfunder. At least they're doing something though. They can't win really. Don't know why they bother.

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

See I see it differently. To me it’s squeezing more out of people who will have little but want to help the club. They given they are the voice of the fans should be expecting the fanzone and other things are improved out of the clubs budget. 

Seems like more money to let them play at being board members and mix with Sharon. 

Have the trust got rid of all the corrupt folk in it at the start who were clearly looking to some how get the club on the cheap? 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Big E said:

See I see it differently. To me it’s squeezing more out of people who will have little but want to help the club. They given they are the voice of the fans should be expecting the fanzone and other things are improved out of the clubs budget. 

Seems like more money to let them play at being board members and mix with Sharon. 

Have the trust got rid of all the corrupt folk in it at the start who were clearly looking to some how get the club on the cheap? 

They're not "squeezing" anything out of anybody. It's completely voluntary. If you can't/don't want to donate, don't donate.

No idea about the rest of your post. You'd have to ask a member of the Trust.

9 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They're not "squeezing" anything out of anybody. It's completely voluntary. If you can't/don't want to donate, don't donate.

I’m with you on this. The trust aren’t using the club etc. it’s very much if you feel you missed out then join in. 

The club one I just hope pays everyone out for many reasons. I feel I can easily say yes/no but I think for some their is an emotional pull when it comes to the club and it could be argued some folk more easily led could be roused in to action when perhaps they shouldn’t for financial reasons. 

I think it’s when someone mentioned they’ll likely be distress sales of the bonds which made me think about this. I realise people’s circumstances can change but some will be doing at a whim. No one’s making them but do the club have a responsibility like a bank should when giving loans etc.

lest we forget:

2021 web page expenses: £13,908 (92.7% of income).

2022 web page expenses : £10164 (64.9% of income)

and that Zico, a professional in this field, reckons it should be around £1000 over the two years. (apologies Zico, if i have the wrong figures you estomated at).

• Site Supporter
38 minutes ago, tomski said:

I’m with you on this. The trust aren’t using the club etc. it’s very much if you feel you missed out then join in. 

The club one I just hope pays everyone out for many reasons. I feel I can easily say yes/no but I think for some their is an emotional pull when it comes to the club and it could be argued some folk more easily led could be roused in to action when perhaps they shouldn’t for financial reasons. 

I think it’s when someone mentioned they’ll likely be distress sales of the bonds which made me think about this. I realise people’s circumstances can change but some will be doing at a whim. No one’s making them but do the club have a responsibility like a bank should when giving loans etc.

No, and they made that explicitly clear from the start.

Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest. This is a high-risk investment and you are unlikely to be protected if something goes wrong.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

It is because it pulls at the heart strings.Widnes do the same. 

the club should be improving facilities and the experience regardless of a go fund me. 

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I wouldn't say I've anything against the trust and fair play for at least trying something positive but I've no intention of giving them a tenner annual subs, let alone contribute to their project

Nobody will give money to this initiative; it’s bonkers.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Big E said:

It is because it pulls at the heart strings.Widnes do the same. 

the club should be improving facilities and the experience regardless of a go fund me. 

The club ARE doing those things. The Supporters Trust are just doing a bit extra, and anyone getting involved is doing so completely voluntarily. It's not "pulling on the heart strings" to ask for another screen in the FanZone, or whatever they end up spending it on. Like I said, I don't know why they bother.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Zico said:

1cm between pixels? 

Not quite. It's a 10mm pitch, so centre-to-centre. That sort of resolution is used on most High Definition LED signs that are viewed from a distance of 10 metres or more.

Edited by Cheese