Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Carrick and Jenus!

Are these 2 any better than Kevin Nolan!? 5 Spuds players! What's that about! I thought they where feckin' average last night! Carrick slightly the better of the 2 but NO better than Nobby!

thought carrick played alright but Jenas was abosolute Sh??te!!!!

If Nobby played for a London club he would be in the squad. Its unfortunate for him that he us competing for a place in an England squad that is blessed with midfield players that are either better than him or who's face fits with the current manager.

With a squad of 22/23 I dont think at this time we can accomodate another player in the Kev Nolan role thats all. I just dont feel his all round game, is good enough (yet) to be pushing Lampard or Gerrard for a starting position in an attacking birth.

If Lampard & Gerrard suffer serious injuries, then ok yes he will be pushing, but SVG will not be thinking of a plan C or D. To win a WC you need a little bit of luck and that luck is you only have to rely on plans A & B to get you through.

If Kev was a defensive midfielder or a left back and was performing consistantly and was not being picked, I would agree as we are short in these areas.

• Site Supporter
With a squad of 22/23 I dont think at this time we can accomodate another player in the Kev Nolan role thats all.  I just dont feel his all round game, is good enough (yet) to be pushing Lampard or Gerrard for a starting position in an attacking birth.

If Lampard & Gerrard suffer serious injuries, then ok yes he will be pushing, but SVG will not be thinking of a plan C or D.  To win a WC you need a little bit of luck and that luck is you only have to rely on plans A & B to get you through.

If Kev was a defensive midfielder or a left back and was performing consistantly and was not being picked, I would agree as we are short in these areas.

agreed

although i'd say the only player he could currently replace would be jenas, but i dont see that happening...

As has been said already Carrick and Nolan are different players, for different positions. No comparison is worthwhile and Sven won't swap one for t'other.

BUT if he takes Carrick, and also has King, and Gerrard can play the holding role too, then what the hell is the purpose of Jenas?

Nolan has scored at not far off twice the rate Jenas has this season, and indeed throughout his career - and Nolan has on the whole played for a 'weaker' side.

Jenas is the classic example of the 'big club' player getting preferential treatment. Heskey and Phil Neville absolutely prove the point too.

• Site Supporter
We do still play 4-1-2-2-1, until the last 10 minutes when we defend too deeply at sixes and sevens! We then revert to a 7-3-0 formation with no outlet to clear to.

agreed...

tip for sam:

instead of defending like arseholes, with everyone behind the ball, flingin limbs everywhere, how about we learn to keep the fookin ball, and maybe string more than 3 passes together before bruno decides to boot it out for a throwin?

We do still play 4-1-2-2-1, until the last 10 minutes when we defend too deeply at sixes and sevens! We then revert to a 7-3-0 formation with no outlet to clear to.

agreed...

tip for sam:

instead of defending like arseholes, with everyone behind the ball, flingin limbs everywhere, how about we learn to keep the fookin ball, and maybe string more than 3 passes together before bruno decides to boot it to a Marseille forward?

Still bitter and disappointed, me?

Never!

agreed...

tip for sam:

instead of defending like arseholes, with everyone behind the ball, flingin limbs everywhere, how about we learn to keep the fookin ball, and maybe string more than 3 passes together before bruno decides to boot it out for a throwin?

=;

I don't think Sam needs tips from you, to be perfectly honest.

• Site Supporter

agreed...

tip for sam:

=;

I don't think Sam needs tips from you, to be perfectly honest.

advantage of being a fan and not a manager... i ALWAYS know better :D/

Nolan is easily a better player than Jenas, but he won't get the call coz that Swede is a f*cking London rent boy. If Kev playerd for West Ham there'd be pull-outs about him and the England coach would be banging his door down by now.

He's better off playing for Ireland, at least them he won't get p*ssed off with the London biased England squad.

PB

Nolan could have played anywhere on the pitch yesterday and done a lot better than the person who was in the team. Unfortunately the fact that Sven never drops the likes of Beckham and Gerrard from the team and continues with Carrick and Jenas in the squad means that they don't need to put the effort in.

When was the last time Gerrard or Beckham actually did something for England? I know that they're great players but what's the point having them in the team if they don't get involved?

OK so I was a bit over the top, but it drives me nuts seeing some of the players strolling round the pitch game in game out knowing that they won't lose their place regardless of their performance or effort.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.