Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Diego Tristan

Featured Replies

From BBC website:

 

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce wants to sign striker Diego Tristan, who has cancelled his contract with Deportivo. (Daily Mail)

  • Replies 75
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From BBC website:

 

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce wants to sign striker Diego Tristan, who has cancelled his contract with Deportivo. (Daily Mail)

 

 

If He's free...Why Not?

If he does cancel his contract, which is easier said than done, quite a few teams will be in for him. He won't come to the 'bok to sit on the bench and with Anelka now here.....

If he does cancel his contract, which is easier said than done, quite a few teams will be in for him. He won't come to the 'bok to sit on the bench and with Anelka now here.....

 

 

i think if you cancel your contract the transfer window still applies.

 

if you think about it too easy for teams to fiddle if so easy.

Actually, all bets are off. Looks like very old news...

 

Sam Allardyce has opened talks with Deportivo La Coruna striker Diego Tristan over a ??2.5million move.

 

The Bolton manager wants to complete a deal before the season starts on Saturday, with Fenerbahce refusing to sell Nicolas Anelka until after their Champions League qualifying games.

 

A deal for PSV Eindhoven's Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink is proving too expensive, with the Dutch side demanding ??7m, leaving Allardyce casting his eye over Tristan, 30.

 

Bolton have made contact with Tristan's Spanish agents and are hoping to push a deal through quickly, as Hamburg are also interested.

 

Tristan will be required to prove his fitness during two days at Bolton before the club are prepared to complete the deal.

I think its deportivo that cancelled the contract, therefore he's a free agent.

If He's free...Why Not?

 

 

he will be a good signing he knows were the net is, and played in a good league

out there for a lot of his career. I would be happpy to see himi n a white shirt :good:

i think if you cancel your contract the transfer window still applies.

 

if you think about it too easy for teams to fiddle if so easy.

 

 

I thought it was made clear that Tristan and Scaloni had been left without contracts by Deportivo. ie. they turned up for training to find they had not been allocated a squad number - which they interpreted as being made free agents.

 

I would imagine Bolton will be at the back of a large queue for Tristan.

Depor cancelled their contracts prior to the transfer window closing so that they would be able to find new clubs. Or at least that's what I read somewhere.

ITS IN DAILY MIRROR TODAY I THINK HE IS INTERESTED AGAIN AFTER HIS CONTRACT WAS CANCELLED BY DEPO ITS NEW NEWS BECAUSE BEFORE A FEE WAS INVOLVED :good:

correct, players just can not play for 2 different clubs between sept 1 and dec 31

All calm down - the only Diego we will be signing is:

 

Ice_age_2_Diego_DL.jpg

MADRID, Sept 1 (Reuters) - Former Spain striker Diego Tristan and Argentina midfielder Lionel Scaloni have been released from their contracts with Deportivo La Coruna.

 

Both players had been left out of coach Joaquin Caparros's plans for the season, but failed to secure moves to other clubs before the end of the Aug. 31 transfer deadline.

 

'Neither Scaloni nor I deserve this kind of treatment because we have given a lot to this club,' Tristan told the Marca website on Friday.

 

'Now we are without a club to play for. We will hand the matter over to the players' association.'

 

As they have not been registered to play with Depor, under FIFA rules the players are free to join another side at any time.

 

The 30-year-old Tristan, who has won 15 caps with Spain, joined Depor from Real Mallorca in 2000.

 

Scaloni, 28, joined Depor in 1998 and was a member of the Argentina squad at the World Cup finals in Germany. He spent the second half of last season on loan to West Ham United.

as posted above, he became a free agent before the window closed

 

therefore he can sign for another team free of restrictions

This Tristan bloke is shite anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR6fyFPhPoA

 

 

The boy was shit hot a few years back. However he hasn't done a great deal recently. Sounds like a job for Sam.

i would be more interested in scaloni, we are short in midfield and if he was in the argie squad think he must be quality and only 28, get him in sam.

The only worry would be that for Tristan read Javi Moreno.

Both cut the mustard in La Liga for a period of time. Neither have lit the blue touch paper though.

However, we could also throw into the hat Ballesta - we let him go and bingo - he blew La Liga away with goals.

 

Who knows? I'd say Sam was more qualified and in a much better position than any of us to judge whether or not this guy is worth a punt.

i would be more interested in scaloni, we are short in midfield and if he was in the argie squad think he must be quality and only 28, get him in sam.

 

anybody can play for argfentina

Edited by Casino

anybody can play for argfentina

 

for me at the moment they are the best footballing team in the world, despite there 3-0 loss to brazil, i thought they were the best team for long periods of that game.

i would be more interested in scaloni, we are short in midfield and if he was in the argie squad think he must be quality and only 28, get him in sam.

 

 

Scaloni is ragging shite!

Edited by jimmyjoojar

anybody can play for argfentina

 

Bit deep for some that one.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.