Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

How Do Reading Do It?

xxxxxx

Play shit football and look no threat for 70% of their games, yet it looks like they'll be playing European football next year. They are the new Bolton. I predict them to go like West Ham - struggle and be relegated next season.

• Moderators

reading played against one shit team tonight

they should have lost

if thats good football, they can keep it

gale raving about their defending!!!!!!!!!!

they allowed two free headers 8 yards from goal

reading played against one shit team tonight

they should have lost

if thats good football, they can keep it

gale raving about their defending!!!!!!!!!!

they allowed two free headers 8 yards from goal

They've conceded 5 less than us, and scored 5 more. Must be a lot of very bad finishers out there if they're as bad as you think.

They've conceded 5 less than us, and scored 5 more. Must be a lot of very bad finishers out there if they're as bad as you think.

But we've looked terrible in the last 15 games, so I'm not suprised by that stat.

i commented on tonights game

don't try to tell me reading played good football

they didn't

I wouldn't know, I was playing football myself. :pardon: I'll take it they were bad then, but just from what I have seen of them I've seen a good spirit and attacking football, the near-comeback against United after 3 early goals comes to mind.

I think Reading have a good midfield - not necessarily tonight, but Harper, Sidwell, Hunt and Seol is a busy, quick and industrious midfield.

Put Harper and Sidwell in place of Campo and Nolan and we would far nearer to Arsenal than we are now IMO.

I think they will struggle next year when Sidwell leaves and teams exploit their weaknesses more. How they get away with charging out at free kicks all the time is amazing. If they do that next year then I predict they will let in bucket loads of goals.

I think Reading have a good midfield - not necessarily tonight, but Harper, Sidwell, Hunt and Seol is a busy, quick and industrious midfield.

Put Harper and Sidwell in place of Campo and Nolan and we would far nearer to Arsenal than we are now IMO.

I think they will struggle next year when Sidwell leaves and teams exploit their weaknesses more. How they get away with charging out at free kicks all the time is amazing. If they do that next year then I predict they will let in bucket loads of goals.

Glenn Little has been a regular in there midfield instead of Seol, he has had a cracking season

Think people are going a bit OTT about Reading.

Lets remember West Ham,Ipswich,Wigan,Birmingham all coming up looking the dogs bollox then going down soon after.

I hope you can add Sunderland to that list at the end of next season. I Hate Roy Keane so much! :angry2:

Glenn Little has been a regular in there midfield instead of Seol, he has had a cracking season

Is that the same Glen Little that's only played 18 games this season, and scored 0 goals? :blink:

I think their more consistent performers have been Doyle,Sidwell,Hunt,Shorey, and the keepers done well.

They have a bit of pace in the side,and they are well organised - but i agree with the posters who predict they might struggle next season.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Is that the same Glen Little that's only played 18 games this season, and scored 0 goals? :blink:

I think their more consistent performers have been Doyle,Sidwell,Hunt,Shorey, and the keepers done well.

They have a bit of pace in the side,and they are well organised - but i agree with the posters who predict they might struggle next season.

Aye.

There is a lot to be said for getting off to a good start, it eases all the pressure and teams can then kick on, West Ham, Ipswich, we've seen it all before.

Much tougher second time around, but I suspect Coppell will know where he needs to improve.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.