Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers Best Ever

Great players but best ever goalscorers? Davies you could make an argument for (another one who fooked off to Geordieland) but the hunchback of Harwood was more of a midfield maestro - surely?

Aye thee's reet there bolty, Lofthouse would be the best striker we ever had but I picked players who were around when I started to watch the Wanderers. That all came to an end in 1966 when my parents emigrated to the land of the laconic sheepmolesters.

Edited by Freddie_Hill

Tables don't lie. Lofthouse is our best ever. In my time, hard to choose between John McGinlay and the mercurial John Byrom. Both fantastic characters too.

got a point there bolty jumped in with mine before going back to JB and your right putting him with jMc both from the same mould

Tables don't lie. Lofthouse is our best ever. In my time, hard to choose between John McGinlay and the mercurial John Byrom. Both fantastic characters too.

If tables don't lie then Harold Blackmore 1926-27/31-32 was actually or best stricker of all time. Ricketts better than Lofthouse FACT!

http://www.geocities.com/nigelsheppard/bwfc/play/page6.html

• Moderators

table has stuart lee only scoring 20 goals for us

they must've all been in one season, near enough, as i remember him n whatmore being neck and neck in the goalscoring table

• Members
If tables don't lie then Harold Blackmore 1926-27/31-32 was actually or best stricker of all time. Ricketts better than Lofthouse FACT!

http://www.geocities.com/nigelsheppard/bwfc/play/page6.html

Fair enough, you argumentative git ;) I didn't know we were on about 'strickers' and was concentrating on goalscorers :D

Would Ricketss be better than Lofthouse in an England shirt then ::::::lol:::::: Nat Lofthouse is THE all time BWFC hero; period.

for me you have to judge goalscorers by longevity and the standard of football they played in, for that reason lofthouse is boltons best ever striker, but for me the genius of worthington will never be beaten, sad that he only played about 1 1/2 seasons for us but his goal scoring prowess and incredible style as a player marks him out as top class, if he were around today, he would of played 100 times for England.

• Members
Fair enough, you argumentative git ;) I didn't know we were on about 'strickers' and was concentrating on goalscorers :D

Would Ricketss be better than Lofthouse in an England shirt then :::::::lol::::::: Nat Lofthouse is THE all time BWFC hero; period.

Undies - I am disappointed. I have a go at your spelling mistake and then set you up with a cracker and you don't take it. Don't know why I bother....... ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.