Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rare Interview With Campo

YATESY

Ivan Campo: Bolton Will Make Atletico Suffer

Bolton Wanderers defender-cum-midfielder Ivan Campo has told As.com that his side can give Atletico Madrid a shock in the UEFA Cup...

Ivan Campo offers a unique perspective on the impending clash between Bolton and Atletico Madrid, being a Spaniard who has played for over five seasons in the English Premiership.

Furthermore, being a former Real Madrid man, he's ready to return to the Spanish capital.

"It will be special to play in the Vicente Calderon, which has a magical atmosphere," said the Basque player.

"But beyond that, I came to England six years ago and it's English football that excites me, not Spanish.

"When Atletico come here they won't find an 'inferno ' the Reebok isn't that intimidating. But if we start well and score, people will appreciate it.

"We're not the favourites to win this round, but we do have our chances."

Bolton's chances of progression have been hit by the departure of Nicolas Anelka. Looking back at his time alongside the Frenchman, he said, "It was a pity, especially since Nico deservedly proved himself at the European level.

"It was a low moment, but when a player leaves, we must continue onwards. Plus, if Chelsea come for you, how do you say no? We need to pull forward and fight for survival.

"This is an English team in essence. We work all we can and we'll try to make Atletico suffer. Even if they do well in Bolton, we won't give up in Madrid. Bolton is an old-school English side, one that fights.

"We don't have Nico to act as a point of reference, so we'll need to act as a group, with no one player above the others."

While Campo enthused about the English style of play, he drew the line at taking British citizenship.

"I'm a little English in many ways," he laughed.

"But take a look at this, here in Malaga [the site of the interview], the sun and the beach. That's special. Plus, my wife's Valencian, and I'm sure she'd have something to say about it!"

• Site Supporter
"When Atletico come here they won't find an 'inferno ' the Reebok isn't that intimidating. But if we start well and score, people will appreciate it.

So word hasn't got to the players yet that the North Lower will be an intimidating noise? Bring it on! :yahoo:

Not to be a damp squid but was speaking to a guy at the ticket office & he told me the fookin band are moving into the North for the Madrid !!

Grrrrrr!!!!

if thats right be prepared to see some pussy with a sore head and a big bass drum

neatly placed around his midrift !

i say that as a north stand ST holder ! :angry:

if thats right be prepared to see some pussy with a sore head and a big bass drum

neatly placed around his midrift !

i say that as a north stand ST holder ! :angry:

:rofl:

It's only for the Madrid game aparently as it's the designated "singing stand"......

It was the guy who works there so Iguess it's gonna happen.

"We'll generate our own atmosphere thanks... you fook off t'south stand"

• Members

Kinell, Sergeant Spellcheck been busy this week.

Chez - squid are always damp when they are in the ocean. You meant squib (in Bolton parlance on November the 5th, 'banger').

Siz - the word you were looking for is midriff.

No charges will apply to this advice and no thanks necessary :D

Kinell, Sergeant Spellcheck been busy this week.

Chez - squid are always damp when they are in the ocean. You meant squib (in Bolton parlance on November the 5th, 'banger').

Siz - the word you were looking for is midriff.

No charges will apply to this advice and no thanks necessary :D

:pardon:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.