Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Berlin

Aside from seeing us beat the Huns, it was the coldest most miserable shithole of a major city I have ever been to.

The company was good, otherwise it would have been a complete disaster, but as a city we should have flattened the f?cking place when we had the chance.

Avoid.

We stayed in a travel lodge, unsure of the name of the place, sure someone will post it.

I didnt see much of Berlin due to missing a flight, and only being there for a day so cant comment on the city.

We stayed in the Holiday Inn in Berlin-Meite or sommat, and their website said it was close to bars, clubs, nightlife, etc.

Well if you call a f?cking dingy kebab house that serves ale until 6am 'nightlife' then I'd like to know what a quiet night in is like round there.

We stayed in the Holiday Inn in Berlin-Meite or sommat, and their website said it was close to bars, clubs, nightlife, etc.

Well if you call a f?cking dingy kebab house that serves ale until 6am 'nightlife' then I'd like to know what a quiet night in is like round there.

We all stayed here, agreed there was fuck all around it other than a McDonalds, taxis around the city are needed.

The night life was in the big shopping centre round the corner from our hotel, there where clubs and bars upstairs

For some unknown reason, we decided to go to the Alexandraplaza where there was absolutely f?ck all going on

There's plenty going on around the Friedrichstrabe and Kurfurstenstrabe it's just we where too bone idle to bother looking

I was there in 2000 and had a beltin time

Just ask at reception when you arrive, there's no shortage of bars and clubs

Aside from seeing us beat the Huns, it was the coldest most miserable shithole of a major city I have ever been to.

The company was good, otherwise it would have been a complete disaster, but as a city we should have flattened the f?cking place when we had the chance.

Avoid.

Could not have put it any better.

The night life was in the big shopping centre round the corner from our hotel, there where clubs and bars upstairs

For some unknown reason, we decided to go to the Alexandraplaza where there was absolutely f?ck all going on

Now he tells us.

Perhaps if you were not totally arseholed by the time the game had finished, you could have pointed us in the right direction.

Smiffs,

I just think you've been very unlucky on your visit. I've been 3 times and gotta admit, I love the place.

The nightlife that I found was cracking.

There's lots of sightseeing/culture to do during the day. Although if you went watching England I'm not sure you'd be that arsed about that.

As Widnes says Alexanderplatz is shite for drinking. The area is prob just famous for the tower & the history.

Round Prenzlauer Berg & Hackesker Markt(sp?) would prob have suited you better.

I'd say to you to not give up on the place. Better luck next time!

:drinks:

I'm with Smiffs on this one Hamburg was 100% better

And for the record Widnes your a prick

You stick to Benidorm

However, whilst I also agree with Smiffs that Hamburg is better than Berlin, my point is that you lot aren't qualified to make that decision given we didn't go anywhere during the last trip

As you were

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.