Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle Press Conference

freds dad

• Site Supporter
Other than Anelka, he was given practically no money to spend...

considering our debt was about 50m and increasing and we are still in the premiership, you could argue that it was the correct decision?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bwfcdan
considering our debt was about 50m and increasing and we are still in the premiership, you could argue that it was the correct decision?

Our debts are still increasing yet he let Megson spend millions...a lot of it on shite..

• Site Supporter
Our debts are still increasing yet he let Megson spend millions...a lot of it on shite..

i'd only say the 4m for knight was a poor spend.

the rest is fine by me, plus we have a younger english side now. which if blatter gets his way, would be impossible for us to buy in a couple of years time.

Guest bwfcdan
so hes backed our mangers with cash

thanks for agreeing with the bloke

No, like i said apart from Anelka he never backed Big Sam with money... Elmander, Ricketts, Knight, Shittu, a lot of money was spent on these guys..and they're poor players...

No, like i said apart from Anelka he never backed Big Sam with money... Elmander, Ricketts, Knight, Shittu, a lot of money was spent on these guys..and they're poor players...

not in the grand scheme of the Premier league it wasn't.

spurs, citeh etc spend ?4m on squad fillers we're spending that much on players for the first 11

Guest bwfcdan
not in the grand scheme of the Premier league it wasn't.

spurs, citeh etc spend ?4m on squad fillers we're spending that much on players for the first 11

But too a club like Bolton, it's a lot of money..

Your comment about not back BSA is utter bollocks.

Just because a player comes on the cheap or a free even doesn't make him a cheap signing. Sam was attracting players to Bolton by paying serious money in wages. Surely you realise that??

You think Youri, Jay Jay, Campo, Hierro came to the famous Bolton Wanderers for anything else but the cash?

• Moderators

Just because a player comes on the cheap or a free even doesn't make him a cheap signing. Sam was attracting players to Bolton by paying serious money in wages. Surely you realise that??

I fear you're wasting your time.

i'd only say the 4m for knight was a poor spend.

the rest is fine by me, plus we have a younger english side now. which if blatter gets his way, would be impossible for us to buy in a couple of years time.

still sticking up for megson i see

just what category do you put the signings of elmander and shittu then

• Site Supporter

but what do you want him to buy, if thats all thats available. the player has to WANT to come to you know.

elmander hasnt worked out granted, but he's certainly not a bad player.

ricketts provide competiotion to steinsson, although you could argue hunt could provide that.

shittu is backup.

other signings are good business imo.

how much 'free' shit did sam bring in. for every campo, there are 2 3 jardels and diawaras,

Guest bwfcdan

You think Youri, Jay Jay, Campo, Hierro came to the famous Bolton Wanderers for anything else but the cash?

Of course they we're on serious wages... but we are paying large wages for players now anyway... when he wanted cash to keep us challenging for that European place in his last season he wasnt given any...it's no wonder he left...

• Moderators
still sticking up for megson i see

just what category do you put the signings of elmander and shittu then

thats not for this thread

somebody is arguing the money men haven't found cash for the managers.......

we are paying large wages for players now anyway...

Are we? Tell me who?

That Jan you talk about what should the board have done? Give Sam ?10m, ?20m, ?30m?? For what fucking purpose?

Did you really think we were going to finish forth, if we did would we have made it past the CL qualification roun?? Al la Everton.

You've got to laugh when people expect the club to spunk its cash away on a pipedream which could have made matters a lot worse for us. I'm glad you're not running the club.

Edited by jimmyjoojar

on a similar vein to what Homer has said, that is the going rate of players at the moment so that is what we will have to pay.

Elmander hasn't delivered. along with Knight and to some extent Ricketts

Taylor, Steinsson and Muamba have been decent signings.

Robinson has looked better in recent weeks

CYL is looking like being a bargain at ?2.5m but he could have just as easily been a massive failure.

Same applies to Mark Davies

Cohen at three bob and a pack of monster munch was a good buy too.

Sean Davis cost us nowt and has broke

Cahill is looking like an absolute bargain.

Klasnic was a good find.

Overall Megson did well in the transfer market, it was his distinct lack of tactical nouse and personallity that ultimately proved his undoing

Guest bwfcdan
on a similar vein to what Homer has said, that is the going rate of players at the moment so that is what we will have to pay.

Elmander hasn't delivered. along with Knight and to some extent Ricketts

Taylor, Steinsson and Muamba have been decent signings.

Robinson has looked better in recent weeks

CYL is looking like being a bargain at ?2.5m but he could have just as easily been a massive failure.

Same applies to Mark Davies

Cohen at three bob and a pack of monster munch was a good buy too.

Sean Davis cost us nowt and has broke

Cahill is looking like an absolute bargain.

Klasnic was a good find.

Overall Megson did well in the transfer market, it was his distinct lack of tactical nouse and personallity that ultimately proved his undoing

He may have brought in a few good players, Cahill, Klasnic, Lee etc but he still spent around 17 million on poor players..

Edited by bwfcdan

Guest bwfcdan
tell me a manager that hasnt signed 'failures'?

There's a differnce between getting "failures" on the cheap and splashing the cash on them...

• Site Supporter
There's a differnce between getting "failures" on the cheap and splashing the cash on them...

from a dirty manc forum:

1. tahibi.

2. berbatov.

3. djemba-djemba

4. kleberson.

5. forlan

6. veron.

how many millions there, 100?

and every benitez signing except torres and possible mascharano.

Edited by HomerJay

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.