Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Arcade Fire

Just having a spin through the new Arcade Fire LP/CD thingy.

Half of me says they are damn good, the saviours of rock and all that stuff

Half of me says they are just a bunch of poker-faced miserablist twats from French Canada.

I'm waiting for the backlash to begin!

Just having a spin through the new Arcade Fire LP/CD thingy.

Half of me says they are damn good, the saviours of rock and all that stuff

Half of me says they are just a bunch of poker-faced miserablist twats from French Canada.

I'm waiting for the backlash to begin!

New album is supposed to be a bit of a departure.

To be fair, if it's half as good as the last two it'll still be one of the better albums to come out this year. Not being stocked at all by X-Records I found out today. Love that shop but I fear it's only a matter of time!

New album is supposed to be a bit of a departure.

To be fair, if it's half as good as the last two it'll still be one of the better albums to come out this year. Not being stocked at all by X-Records I found out today. Love that shop but I fear it's only a matter of time!

Suprisingly Asda are stocking it, makes a change from the usual pap they put in their own made up chart.

Also have Richard Ashcrofts new album which is a cracker.

Suprisingly Asda are stocking it, makes a change from the usual pap they put in their own made up chart.

Also have Richard Ashcrofts new album which is a cracker.

This was exactly the conversation I was having with the bloke from X-Records. Apparently, the procurement department for Asda is based offshore so they don't have to pay the same import tax as UK companies. Thus you can buy N Dubs latest masterpiece for ?3.99 but can't get treatment on the NHS.

'Legal' tax loopholes = the devil's work!

its definately not one for the gym either, felt like chucking myself under a bus when i gave it a first listen yesterday! Not got the anthems the previous 2 albums had.

Will have to give it a few more airs tho...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.