Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bellamy To Bolton?

jonathan

• Moderators

Why?

on SSN last night he was saying his wife and kids live there, and he's a Cardiff boy and always wanted to play for them

last few years he's never had a settled stint at a club, for whatever reason, and now he's been binned off by city after a good season, now would seem the time to get a move that's convenient for a team he actually wants to play for and want hime

• Moderators

But what's that reason?

If it's because you're a Bolton fan it doesn't compute with Bellamy's - he's always said he supports Liverpool.

he's already played for them, so guess the next best thing is to play for your hometown club where hero status is probably nailed on

on SSN last night he was saying his wife and kids live there, and he's a Cardiff boy and always wanted to play for them

last few years he's never had a settled stint at a club, for whatever reason, and now he's been binned off by city after a good season, now would seem the time to get a move that's convenient for a team he actually wants to play for and want hime

But he's 31 and still well capable of playing at the top level

I'd have thought he'd have a couple of yrs somewhere else first, then look to go there at 33 or 34

• Moderators

But he's 31 and still well capable of playing at the top level

I'd have thought he'd have a couple of yrs somewhere else first, then look to go there at 33 or 34

as said though, i've no doubt being left out the squad for two players who'd both publicly said they'd rather not be there (robinho and barotelli), along with his form from last season, has left him somewhat disillusioned, so now time for a move that suits him for purely pesonal reasons

and I wouldn't blame him either

and that's why, if i was him, i'd do the same and go off and give bolton a couple of years in my prime

He's still getting his wages he'd be on at Citeh and playing somewhere he's wanted and as Zico said will be a hero.

it's win win for him

Spoken like a true non-sportsperson

Most people that are good at sport are naturally competitive and want to compete atv the highest level for as long as possible

And it's still possible for him

So if he has that part of him, it's not win win

• Moderators

Spoken like a true non-sportsperson

Most people that are good at sport are naturally competitive and want to compete atv the highest level for as long as possible

And it's still possible for him

So if he has that part of him, it's not win win

it is if he wants to spend some of his career at Cardiff

let's face it

Citeh wouldn't sell him to a "rival", so alredy, the highest level, as in competing for champs league spots at the top of PL (where he proved himself last season) isn't an option for him

I guess he sees a season helping cardiff to get in the PL is better than going through the motions at Bolton, Sunderland, Everton etc - because he's done that at the likes of West Ham, Blackburn etc

having spent 10 years in the top flight, he probably fancies a change

there's always the chance he could fire them back into the PL as well and play for them there, it's only a season long loan - if it doesn't work out, he can prob get a PL move next season if he wants one

good on him I say

it is if he wants to spend some of his career at Cardiff

let's face it

Citeh wouldn't sell him to a "rival", so alredy, the highest level, as in competing for champs league spots at the top of PL (where he proved himself last season) isn't an option for him

I guess he sees a season helping cardiff to get in the PL is better than going through the motions at Bolton, Sunderland, Everton etc - because he's done that at the likes of West Ham, Blackburn etc

having spent 10 years in the top flight, he probably fancies a change

there's always the chance he could fire them back into the PL as well and play for them there, it's only a season long loan - if it doesn't work out, he can prob get a PL move next season if he wants one

good on him I say

You don't know who Citeh would or wouldn't sell or loan him to, but you probably are right

I just can't see how the best players not playing at the top level is not considered a waste of talent

If there's deep-rooted issues like he missses his family then fair enough but other than that I think it's bollocks.

• Moderators

You don't know who Citeh would or wouldn't sell or loan him to, but you probably are right

Plenty of tabloids/news sources etc said they wouldn't let him go to a champion's league rival, but who City consider them is debatable

"Tottenham have all but accepted that the forward, who was a Spurs target when he left West Ham for Eastlands in January 2009, will not be allowed to join a Champions League rival."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-ready-to-admit-defeat-as-rivals-launch-bids-for-bellamy-2054320.html

more than likely you'd think it's top top 6/7

beyond that, it's up to Bellamy I suppose to decide which moves are a waste of his talents (i.e. 1 year loan at Cardiff) and which moves are waste of his time (i.e. 1 year loans to Sunderland, Fulham etc)

Plenty of tabloids/news sources etc said they wouldn't let him go to a champion's league rival, but who City consider them is debatable

"Tottenham have all but accepted that the forward, who was a Spurs target when he left West Ham for Eastlands in January 2009, will not be allowed to join a Champions League rival."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-ready-to-admit-defeat-as-rivals-launch-bids-for-bellamy-2054320.html

more than likely you'd think it's top top 6/7

beyond that, it's up to Bellamy I suppose to decide which moves are a waste of his talents (i.e. 1 year loan at Cardiff) and which moves are waste of his time (i.e. 1 year loans to Sunderland, Fulham etc)

A waste of his time??

So other than the local connection with Cardiff....it sounds like you're saying it's a better move to play for a team trying to get into the Prem than actually playing in it

I and most players signed by Premier League clubs would disagree

• Moderators

A waste of his time??

So other than the local connection with Cardiff....it sounds like you're saying it's a better move to play for a team trying to get into the Prem than actually playing in it

I and most players signed by Premier League clubs would disagree

Craig Bellamy would not, and he's played for several PL clubs

what I'm saying is, after spending 14 years as a footballer, playing for some top clubs and never really settling at any of them, rarely spendning more than 2 years at one place, perhaps Craig Bellamy has decided, rather than go and sign for a PL club for 1 year on loan, then maybe goto another, and then another he would rather go to his hometown club, where his family and friends live and enjoy actually himself for a year or two

in other words, at this point in his career, having had the best move for him blocked by Citeh, the next best move for Craig Bellamy is to make a move that suits him

as discussed previoulsy, it's good to have a job you enjoy

peronally, I think this move is a good one for Craig Bellamy

he would seem to agree

and fair play to him

Craig Bellamy would not, and he's played for several PL clubs

what I'm saying is, after spending 14 years as a footballer, playing for some top clubs and never really settling at any of them, rarely spendning more than 2 years at one place, perhaps Craig Bellamy has decided, rather than go and sign for a PL club for 1 year on loan, then maybe goto another, and then another he would rather go to his hometown club, where his family and friends live and enjoy actually himself for a year or two

in other words, at this point in his career, having had the best move for him blocked by Citeh, the next best move for Craig Bellamy is to make a move that suits him

as discussed previoulsy, it's good to have a job you enjoy

peronally, I think this move is a good one for Craig Bellamy

he would seem to agree

and fair play to him

I never said it wasn't understandable

Stuff like this is subjective

I don't agree with it

And I think it's a talent wasted

Do you not?

Guest Frandsen08

I don't agree with it

Do you not?

it'd be even more wasted talent sat in the reserves week in week out because of this new rule

Edited by Frandsen08

• Moderators

I don't agree with it

Do you not?

I think not letting him go to a "rival club" and not having him in the City squad is a talent wasted by City, yes

I think Bellamy for whatever reasons will have a better time at Cardiff than he would at, say, Fulham, so wouldn't be a waste of a year of his career given who he has played for so already (Liverpool, Newcastle and Citeh were all challenging for Champs League so he's been there, done that)

Citeh are the ones wasting the talent, he's probably decided to make the best of a sh?t situation that he's been put into by Citeh and is now making a move that suits him personally and has some interest and motive beyond cash

I think not letting him go to a "rival club" and not having him in the City squad is a talent wasted by City, yes

I think Bellamy for whatever reasons will have a better time at Cardiff than he would at, say, Fulham, so wouldn't be a waste of a year of his career given who he has played for so already (Liverpool, Newcastle and Citeh were all challenging for Champs League so he's been there, done that)

Citeh are the ones wasting the talent, he's probably decided to make the best of a sh?t situation that he's been put into by Citeh and is now making a move that suits him personally and has some interest and motive beyond cash

Agree it's mainly Citeh's loss

I believe it is also Bellamy's as 10yrs in the top flight as you put it may seem a long time, but it's a very short career in general and I reckon he may look back and regret not trying at the top for longer - sure he'd never admit it though

I know I'd regret it

Look at the likes of Gary Speed who prolonged his career at the top for a long time - was he wasting his time at Bolton??

Either way, it's his personal choice at the end of the day but in addition to the above I believe it's a loss to the Premier League as a whole

I agree bellamy being a good player but every where he has played he has upset the dressing room including the welsh one , so a far i am concerned the English hating sheep shagging interbreed leek picking coal mining knob can go to cardiff.

Sumbie

• Moderators

Agree it's mainly Citeh's loss

I believe it is also Bellamy's as 10yrs in the top flight as you put it may seem a long time, but it's a very short career in general and I reckon he may look back and regret not trying at the top for longer - sure he'd never admit it though

I know I'd regret it

Look at the likes of Gary Speed who prolonged his career at the top for a long time - was he wasting his time at Bolton??

Either way, it's his personal choice at the end of the day but in addition to the above I believe it's a loss to the Premier League as a whole

ok, so we agree it's citeh's loss

note, the loan deal to cardiff, it's only for a season, there's nothing to stop him being back in the PL in another year and then some

but if we're talking about regrets and that, I think about it like this

he just had a great season at citeh, proved himself to be a good player and worthy of a team at the top

his reward? lost his place in the squad to robinho and told he can't join another team battling it out at the top

now, that's going to leave you wondering what you have left to play for in your career, if one of potentially your best peforming seasons is rewarded like that

so

go to fulham on loan for a season, they may have a cup run, they may not, I imagine wherever he went, he'd do well, but it wouldn't be a stand out season on his CV

go to cardiff where he knows that the club are contenders for a title challenge, where he will be hero worshipped on the pitch, and off it even when he nips to the shop and that, and with cardiff being in their best chance in years to get themselves into the PL, he has a chance to go down there and be part of it, for his hometown club, and maybe establish himself as a hero in the town where he may well retire too

they might not make it, but at end of his career, it would probably be a nicer memory than a season at fulham - particulary as he knows full well, he can be back at a club like fulham next season - remember, it's only a season loan, i doubt he will suffer for it

waste of talent, aye, but he didn't ask for a move away

I agree bellamy being a good player but every where he has played he has upset the dressing room including the welsh one , so a far i am concerned the English hating sheep shagging interbreed leek picking coal mining knob can go to cardiff.

Sumbie

I second that emotion. The neckless, woman beating gobshite.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.