Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

We May Win Something. .

• Site Supporter

Eaves was supposed to be the next Kevin Davies wasn't he?

He scored a hattrick against us and has never been seen since

Well done to the stiffs though

was only ever signed as a prospect, seems like he's on track from what i've heard.

• Site Supporter

It seems the reserves aren't the stiffs any more.

Maybe the squad isn't big enough or has enough senior players in it but they rarely play the ones who didn't get a game at weekend.

Much more likely to be the older trainees and junior pros.

It seems the reserves aren't the stiffs any more.

Maybe the squad isn't big enough or has enough senior players in it but they rarely play the ones who didn't get a game at weekend.

I've noticed that over the last few years. In theory I suppose you could have a first team benchwarmer who, as a memeber of the first team squad doesn't play reserve team football, and as a benchwarmer rarely gets any pitch time with the first team. SO he could still take home c?150K per year (and upwards), without playing more than about five or ten hours of football in a season.....such as Bogdan

I've noticed that over the last few years. In theory I suppose you could have a first team benchwarmer who, as a memeber of the first team squad doesn't play reserve team football, and as a benchwarmer rarely gets any pitch time with the first team. SO he could still take home c?150K per year (and upwards), without playing more than about five or ten hours of football in a season.....such as Bogdan

Bogdan played a few games earlier on in the season. It is a problem giving experienced players not in the team games to keep them match fit. Most reserve teams are now junior pros and they can't play in U-18 football, so that is the only place to blood them.

I hope that Coyle can give one or two a game in the Premier this season. I remember Sinclair played at Chelsea in an end of season and he actually played quite well. No-body in the club can cross a better ball with his right foot than Riley and I would like to see him given a game at RB.

I've noticed that over the last few years. In theory I suppose you could have a first team benchwarmer who, as a memeber of the first team squad doesn't play reserve team football, and as a benchwarmer rarely gets any pitch time with the first team. SO he could still take home c?150K per year (and upwards), without playing more than about five or ten hours of football in a season.....such as Bogdan or Walters, then come back to haunt us.

Are any of our reasonably-vaunted lads good enough?

The thing is Coyle won a reserve title at Bolton and probably appreciates it more so than other managers. Lancashire cup this year European cup in five years time. :yahoo:

I'll have a pint of what I'm having. =D>

Oh I already did :drinks:

The thing is Coyle won a reserve title at Bolton and probably appreciates it more so than other managers. Lancashire cup this year European cup in five years time. :yahoo:

I'll have a pint of what I'm having. =D>

Oh I already did :drinks:

This guy is drunk :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.