Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Phil Jones

pato

A good friend of mine (now back at Blacburn Academy) worked with Jones at 15!

In his words "no other club was touching him until he got a pro"

In recent years, early 2000's, Bolton have been in the shadow of the Bigger acadamies in the area including Blackburn mainly due to the 'big' clubs being in the premier league longer with more money!

In recent years, late 2000's, Bolton have put a large amount of time into developing to compete with the bigger academies! and they now are!

A good friend of mine (now back at Blacburn Academy) worked with Jones at 15!

In his words "no other club was touching him until he got a pro"

In recent years, early 2000's, Bolton have been in the shadow of the Bigger acadamies in the area including Blackburn mainly due to the 'big' clubs being in the premier league longer with more money!

In recent years, late 2000's, Bolton have put a large amount of time into developing to compete with the bigger academies! and they now are!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan Ball ?

George Eastham ?

Didn't we release them as kids, or is my memory wonky ?

I'm not sure that George Eastham jnr was ever on Bolton's books. However his father George Eastham snr certainly played for Bolton in the 30s.

George jnr played for Newcastle before going on strike against the retain and transfer system. He won his case and was eventually transferred to Arsenal. He was a regular in the Arsenal team when I used to watch them. He was an exceptionally skillful player and played alongside Joe Baker, the Scot who played for England.

My gaffer at work runs a kids team Salford way and one of his best lads has signed for DMB's, he went to Lostock to watch him play against our under 9's last week and he said we where alot better than them. He seems to think our academy is getting better, lets hope we can stay in the prem long enough to see some real talent come through.

Southampton fans must have been gutted dropping out of the prem just as Bale, Walcott and Oxlaide-Chamberlain came through.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.