Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Time To Go

anewman

Yes it is, he tells gartside where he wants to spend his budget and if thats retaining the squad we have / had then that's what gartside trys to do - the baord run negotitations fair enough but he is cullpable also.

No it isn't. He doesn't decide what to pay a player. If a player asks for more than the club can afford, then it's not his decision to take.

No it isn't. He doesn't decide what to pay a player. If a player asks for more than the club can afford, then it's not his decision to take.

ratshit coyle manages the budget he gets from the board and he spends it on wages, loan fees, transfer fees if he wants to keep a player desperately he apportions more of his budget to that under the parameters set by the board - he's contributed to the running down of 11 first team squad players contracts becuase he's in the midst of his revolution the one that's getting us rapidly relegated, who do you think decides if a player is getting offered a new deal the manager or the chairman - I'm not necessarily saying some of those players should nt be shown the door but all of them at once and for no fee's?

coyle manages the budget he gets from the board and he spends it on wages, loan fees, transfer fees

No he doesn't. He decides who he wants to sign. The club negotiate transfer fees, wages, etc.

who do you think decides if a player is getting offered a new deal the manager or the chairman?

The owner of the club decides if we can afford it. For example Matt Taylor was in the last year of his contract. He was one of the highest earners at the club. The club are trying to reduce the wage bill and spending on transfers, so we took West Ham's offer, rather than let him leave for nothing at the end of this season. If Coyle wanted to keep him, do you honestly think that Eddie Davies would have just handed him the cheque book and let him get on with it?

According to Stuart Hall on Five Live, Eddie Davies told him that it will cost the best part of ?7M to get rid of the manager and backroom staff. I can't see them sacking him if that's the case, because that's potentially the Cahill money gone, which would give us no funds to tempt a new manager with. Perhaps the cub are hoping he'll walk and save them that sort of outlay.

pathetic really that the main consideration is how much to get shut rather than if hes up to the job. we deserve to be sent packing to the championship

No he doesn't. He decides who he wants to sign. The club negotiate transfer fees, wages, etc.

The owner of the club decides if we can afford it. For example Matt Taylor was in the last year of his contract. He was one of the highest earners at the club. The club are trying to reduce the wage bill and spending on transfers, so we took West Ham's offer, rather than let him leave for nothing at the end of this season. If Coyle wanted to keep him, do you honestly think that Eddie Davies would have just handed him the cheque book and let him get on with it?

So coyle has no input on players that come and go? Course he fucking does yes within the financial constraints of the board, you're missing my point. All managers except roberto mancini work under the parameters set by the board but they have an awful lot to say about who comes and goes and therefroe coyle is cullpable re having nearly half the squad potentially out of contract a fact that doesn't help our current situation in my view.

matt taylor was let go because it made sense coyle will have seen that and it allowed him to start his marquee signing petrov and created a space to get eagles in - if coyle thought he really wanted him then I'm sure we probably could have kept him. Do you think coyle just sat at home hoping gartside would offer holden a new deal or sat down at the appropriate meeting and said get that lad signed up he is a massive part of my plans?

• Moderators

So coyle has no input on players that come and go? Course he fucking does yes within the financial constraints of the board, you're missing my point. All managers except roberto mancini work under the parameters set by the board but they have an awful lot to say about who comes and goes and therefroe coyle is cullpable re having nearly half the squad potentially out of contract a fact that doesn't help our current situation in my view.

matt taylor was let go because it made sense coyle will have seen that and it allowed him to start his marquee signing petrov and created a space to get eagles in - if coyle thought he really wanted him then I'm sure we probably could have kept him. Do you think coyle just sat at home hoping gartside would offer holden a new deal or sat down at the appropriate meeting and said get that lad signed up he is a massive part of my plans?

look mate, when spirit of burnden starts showing you up, you need to let it go

you're way off the mark

i can give loads of reasons coyle needs to go, but none of em are what you are waffling on about

7 million to get rid....

sack him for false representation ....

fucking fraud...

only one "barclays premier league" from him this week as well..

the cunts slipping

oh and mickey...didn't he promise us fantasy football ?

Edited by Bobcat

I've got a season ticket, today was shit, I've still paid for a season ticket though. That'll learn them if I don't turn up.

Serious question. Can you get your money back from your season ticket?. Sat in the same seat for 13 years but it's upsetting me too much watching this shite.

Serious question. Can you get your money back from your season ticket?. Sat in the same seat for 13 years but it's upsetting me too much watching this shite.

What you asking me for, I've no idea.

Either way, if you read back a couple of seasons everyone was saying it was worse back then :pardon:

Same here

Absolutely no idea what purpose pratley serves. must be in the top 5 worst prem centre mids ever. woeful. slow, garbage in possession, always wrong side when we havent got the ball. gash

Spot bloody on that it's infuriating BUT is that down to coyle asking him to try and get beyond the strikers and then when we give the ball away almost instantly he's got 50/60 yards to make up to get back - and he is also utter gash

That Pratley is stealing a living,he`s crap!!!!!!. Midfield today was absolute shite, Davies starting again, what a fucking joke, the entire clubs a joke. Coyle my patience with you has finally gone, time to go because your out your depth.

totally agree -add boyata (no problem with the boy himself,but he was brought in in case we sold cahill,so why play him at RB instead of steinson)

clueless-should have at least done a triple substitution at HT

Coyle is so blinkered on picking the players he brought to the club. Questions to ask:-

As he brought a better half back to the club than Steinnson

As he brought a better centre midfielder than Mumaba

We all apart from the manager know the answer to the above!!

Team selection and his summer signings are a complete shambles. We are in a worst state than when Sammy Lee departed and it's 2 months later.

Look at everyone else's results, Sunderland, Villa only away wins at the Reebok!

Coyle is so blinkered on picking the players he brought to the club. Questions to ask:-

As he brought a better half back to the club than Steinnson. Mears. Possibly, but we don't know.

As he brought a better centre midfielder than Mumaba. Holden

We all apart from the manager know the answer to the above!!

Team selection and his summer signings are a complete shambles. We are in a worst state than when Sammy Lee departed and it's 2 months later.

Look at everyone else's results, Sunderland, Villa only away wins at the Reebok!

Carry on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.