Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Treating Yourself

DazBob

• Members

Well, after last year's bumper bonus I had great plans for this years bonus. They included going away on holiday and getting my car engine re-mapped.

Just received word of what annual bonus I'll be getting this month ... and I can quickly forget the above.

Instead I shall be treating my car to a new timing belt and water pump and I've also just ordered a luxury goose feather and down mattress topper.

Does life get any more exciting?

(I'm actually genuinely quite excited about the mattress topper)

What was the last extravagant treat you afforded yourself?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my goose and some other bird mattress topper from Northern Nights on QVC. You may mock but I've had compliments on it's comfiness.

It may be a new chat up line for you, Daz.

& I'm always treating myself. No other fucker ever does. :(

• Members

I got my goose and some other bird mattress topper from Northern Nights on QVC. You may mock but I've had compliments on it's comfiness.

Bought one of them myself (off QVC and all), unfortunately the ex got that in the separation.

It's been kiilling me just sleeping on an un-pimped mattress.

There's gonna be queues of ladies lining up outside the Temple just like there used to be :D

I treat myself with bunches of fresh flowers regularly, whilst its not extravagant its something i like, and it makes me feel better.

Sometimes i send myself 'i love you' cards, write them with my other hand, and post them to myself too.

The 'giving myself a dirty phone call' bit was difficult at first, now i use the housephone and mobile at the same time and one funny nopise sort of 'echos' so its less effort. ideal for someone with breathing difficulties.

• Members

I treat myself with bunches of fresh flowers regularly, whilst its not extravagant its something i like, and it makes me feel better.

Sit on your hand for an hour before. It'll feel like someone else bought them. :give_rose:

Guest Frandsen08

i got my settlement bonus from a well known scouse football club for them not living up to their end of the deal , i was spending it before i had got it then i got my car insurance renewal. Bastards.

Bought one of them myself (off QVC and all), unfortunately the ex got that in the separation.

It's been kiilling me just sleeping on an un-pimped mattress.

There's gonna be queues of ladies lining up outside the Temple just like there used to be :D

I think I'd be like the princess and the pea if mine went.

The mere mention of a topper'll be getting them moist but if you get the matching pillows you'll need a shitty stick on a night out, fact!

My late Grandma used to say:

"Always buy yourself a good bed and good pairs of shoes, never mind the cost - because if you're not in one your in the t'other"

Pretty good advice I think, she did, however, also used to say:

"Eeeh, you know sometimes I wish that Herr Hitler had won the war...."

That was a 'joke' BTW....