Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ryanair

C86

• Moderators

No problem for me, the price of flights to UEFA games rocketed due to nuggets looking how much it would cost with no intention of booking. It's business, they aren't making you buy anything,

I use Skyscanner etc. to price things up then book with Ryanair. My only complaint is it'a virtually impossible to avoid the ?6 CC charge these days, yet they won't admit that.

Must admit, I've never had any problems with theit flights, I did once have a problem when I flew to Shannon though that I decided at the last minute I needed to put something in the hold as it was too big for bhand luggage........and promptly got charged about ?20 each way for my bag, which was more than I actually paid for the flight - having said that, it was my fault for not realising sooner I needed something in the hold.

In the main, I reckon they offer a great service

• Members

:D

It's actually all gravy. Flying to Tours in the Loire Valley and it's only minutes away from the plant I need to be at.

I'm fairly certain though there'll be other folk on there wondering just where the fuck they are.

Must admit, I've never had any problems with theit flights, I did once have a problem when I flew to Shannon though that I decided at the last minute I needed to put something in the hold as it was too big for bhand luggage........and promptly got charged about ?20 each way for my bag, which was more than I actually paid for the flight - having said that, it was my fault for not realising sooner I needed something in the hold.

In the main, I reckon they offer a great service

what was the item that caused the cafuffle?

what was the item that caused the cafuffle?

great use of the word "cafuffle" - the item was part of a moving message board, which sadly even though not heavy in weight, was twice the size of normal hand luggage, so in the hold it went (I was going there with work, I don't usually travel with such items)

great use of the word "cafuffle" - the item was part of a moving message board, which sadly even though not heavy in weight, was twice the size of normal hand luggage, so in the hold it went (I was going there with work, I don't usually travel with such items)

i thought it may of been a fist-master5000 or summet!... :D

It's ?32 fuckin' quid each way to put baggage in the hold. (?20 baggage fee and ?12 "admin" fee). That is criminal.

Other than that, their flights are bob on for the price you pay and that can be not a lot sometimes (Flown to Dublin for "2p" return and Barcelona for "?16" return) both spoilt by Mavis demanding luggage.

It's ?32 fuckin' quid each way to put baggage in the hold. (?20 baggage fee and ?12 "admin" fee). That is criminal.

Other than that, their flights are bob on for the price you pay and that can be not a lot sometimes (Flown to Dublin for "2p" return and Barcelona for "?16" return) both spoilt by Mavis demanding luggage.

Thing is though, they do tell you that's what hold baggage costs on booking.

I've never had any problems with them to be honest.

Flew Ryanair yesterday. Never again. One poor bastard in the queue had to pay 50 euro for his bag which was smaller than mine but solid. Shit staff, treated like cattle, free for all getting your seat and so bloody hot I thought I was going to pass out. Nowt to do with the Benidorm weekender though !!

• Moderators

Don't take a fucking massive bag onboard. That's rule no.1. It's not their fault folk don't bother reading the rules. There's nowhere to put said fucking big bags on the plane apart from in the hold.

Don't take a fucking massive bag onboard. That's rule no.1. It's not their fault folk don't bother reading the rules. There's nowhere to put said fucking big bags on the plane apart from in the hold.

Fair point but this wasn't big, just not the right shape by about 2 cm and solid so it wouldn't change shape.Volume was nothing like the allowance. 50 euro is a bit of a piss take but rules are rules I suppose. The twats.

• Moderators

Buy one of those coats on MoneySavingExpert with upteen pockets.

I think folk that travel regularly get as pissed off as the staff at people who've paid 99p and think they own the plane.

Fair point but this wasn't big, just not the right shape by about 2 cm and solid so it wouldn't change shape.Volume was nothing like the allowance. 50 euro is a bit of a piss take but rules are rules I suppose. The twats.

It's not a volume allowance: It's all done on dimensions.