Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ferdinand And The Press

madthatter

Just wondering what folk think of Roy leaving Mr wobbly lips out? The press seem to be making a massive issue out of it when in my opinion I think he's made the right call (but I am slightly biased;).

If this was an Italian coach, say, i'm sure we'd praise him for being direct and decisive and trying to keep the dressing room spirit intact. He's been very unlucky with Cahill's injury although im not sure the scouser was the way forward. Saying that, it's planning for the future i suppose.

The press here really wind me up, They seem to do all they can to unsettle the squad time and time again.

Apologies if this is discussed elsewhere, had a quick scan and couldn't see it.

fuckin winding me up all this race bollocks

fact is, is that rio just aint good enough anymore

if hodgson was racist half the team wouldnt be there so why dont they all just fuck off and let him do his job

If Terry wasn't currently awaiting a court case for allegedly racially abusing his brother, then Ferdinand would be in the squad.

IMO though, and because of this situation, it was always going to be either Terry OR Ferdinand. - never both.

Hodgson chose Terry. Personally I've no problem with it.

Yep pretty much my thoughts as well :thumbsup:

If Terry wasn't currently awaiting a court case for allegedly racially abusing his brother, then Ferdinand would be in the squad. IMO though, and because of this situation, it was always going to be either Terry OR Ferdinand. - never both. Hodgson chose Terry. Personally I've no problem with it.
See that's the only bit i'm not sure about. I read old Joey Holts nose said he shouldn't be picked due to recovery time and i'd like to think that's the reason why. Like you say though Daz both of them going was never really an option so it does cast a doubt. Personally I think Roy dealt with it very well and made the right call. Pleasantly surprised by the back bone he (the FA?!) showed. Edited by madthatter

Guest Frandsen08

i dont care if he made 30 appearances or not last season, fact is he cant play so many games is such a short amount of time, he ain't going he needs to get over it, this would be his last ever tournament and Hodgson is building for the future so why not use the future.

if the england manager picks all the older players he gets slated for not giving the chances to youth or to people on merit, if he doesn't and sticks to his guns, hes seen as deluded and holding a grudge, poison fuckin chalice, and its a wonder why we underachieve so much

You do know though, that if Terry's found guilty, the FA will have to endure a shitstorm so large that even Steve McLaren's brolly wouldn't be enough.

Very true! Sol Campbell said he'd give his caps back if it turns out to be because of race. . .

i dont care if he made 30 appearances or not last season, fact is he cant play so many games is such a short amount of time, he ain't going he needs to get over it, this would be his last ever tournament and Hodgson is building for the future so why not use the future.

if the england manager picks all the older players he gets slated for not giving the chances to youth or to people on merit, if he doesn't and sticks to his guns, hes seen as deluded and holding a grudge, poison fuckin chalice, and its a wonder why we underachieve so much

Spot on, his back is fucked

whats the guy like from LFC is he one for the future

and whats hodgson like ?

Guest Frandsen08

whats the guy like from LFC is he one for the future

and whats hodgson like ?

martin kelly? hes a good lad and a good player eager to learn and develop and will be a good player i can see exactly why he was called up has pace can pass and great reader of the game, i wont be surprised if a top 4 club pick him up in 2 or 3 years

martin kelly? hes a good lad and a good player eager to learn and develop and will be a good player i can see exactly why he was called up has pace can pass and great reader of the game, i wont be surprised if a top 4 club pick him up in 2 or 3 years

I bet you love saying that now youve left!

When I heard Rio was out 3 days after whiskey nose saying he couldnt play games 3 days after each other I never thought it had owt to do with the race case.

I was more surprised that he still had most of the old guard still in the squad. Hopefully come the world cup in Brazil we'll have a young squad and we'll be playing like...Brazil!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.