Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Famous Faces....

gonzo

a young TC waving.

the lad in the shirt looks like he's been rolling over the floor !!!

most of our lads were in the seats that day.

keep em coming pal,good memories there. any idea though where the first one was ?

Knew him as a lad - what's he up to these days?

that's england v holland '88,and i look a right twat. WTF is happening with my hair !!!!!!!!!!!!! brixton is also on there

that's england v holland '88,and i look a right twat. WTF is happening with my hair !!!!!!!!!!!!! brixton is also on there

[/quote. I was at the game also there was a big turn out from Bolton that day from what i remember went with a coach load from horwich from outside the greenwood pub what I remember most about that one was when no one could find any Dutch fans hanging around london it ended up a bit of a set to north against south with the england fans around Leicester square which the police broke up . Also one of the lads on the coach managed to get in the holland end during the game and nick one of there flags which was displayed on the back of the coach on the trip back to horwich . Good days

[/quote. I was at the game also there was a big turn out from Bolton that day from what i remember went with a coach load from horwich from outside the greenwood pub what I remember most about that one was when no one could find any Dutch fans hanging around london it ended up a bit of a set to north against south with the england fans around Leicester square which the police broke up . Also one of the lads on the coach managed to get in the holland end during the game and nick one of there flags which was displayed on the back of the coach on the trip back to horwich . Good days

i organised a coach from the stag on daubhill. gangs of lads were roaming round london looking for the dutch. they'd been spouting how they were turning to turn us over on our own turf,one of Rotterdam's top boys by the name of Johnny van Zweden (i kid ye not) was in the sunday people giving it the big one for weeks !! the trouble in leicester square area was bolton v chelsea/qpr,a couple of ours were arrested. 3 or 4 of us were walking up behind the main mob of bolton,when a good crew of londoners came out of a bar,intent on attacking the bolton crew,the london mob sussed us and flew into us just as we managed to alert the lads further up the street to watch their backs,then it went off royally. pics of that incident are on certain websites

a wine shop was also turned over and looted,sure that made the headlines in the express the following day.

remember after the match on wembley car park ?

thousands of english lads baying for the dutch singing ''you'll never take the english''

the dutch didn't venture out and were kept inside for something like 90 mins. good but mad days :innocent:

2 other classic trips i ran to wembley

'88 v scotland. hired a 51 seater,ended up with 70 nut cases on it,leaving the stag on daubhill at midnight after bunging the driver £50. got stopped by the police at 3-00am at watford gap services. JD told the police ''we're off to the Chelsea flower show''. amazingly we were allowed to continue our journey,arriving at borough market pubs at 6-00. chaos ensued all day. plenty arrested including yours truly,resulting in a return trip to willesden mags and a hefty fine

'91 v eire. hired rochdale's team coach,32 lads from the stag again. only trouble was after the game on the car park,when 2 coachloads of stoke attacked our coach. we'd played them at the victoria ground the previous saturday,kicking off bigtime outside their end. a few of them recognised some of us and mayhem erupted. we went home without a windscreen.....bloody cold journey home on a february night !

not one stokie managed to get on our coach. Mr Wakes (rip) did a fine job as 'doorman' clouting every one who came near with the 'peg board' from the card table,ably assisted by one top MG lad throwing hot water from the drinks machine over anyone who came remotely near. fine resistance from 32 lads against 100

Edited by miamiwhite

'88 v scotland. hired a 51 seater,ended up with 70 nut cases on it,leaving the stag on daubhill at midnight after bunging the driver £50. got stopped by the police at 3-00am at watford gap services. JD told the police ''we're off to the Chelsea flower show''. amazingly we were allowed to continue our journey,arriving at borough market pubs at 6-00. chaos ensued all day. plenty arrested including yours truly,resulting in a return trip to willesden mags and a hefty fine

i object to that remark.i for one was/am a fine upstanding member of society!

bit of a dance around in soho with west ham i recall which ended with one of theirs being carted unconcious up the road...

Edited by fellman

i object to that remark.i for one was/am a fine upstanding member of society!

bit of a dance around in soho with west ham i recall which ended with one of theirs being carted unconcious up the road...

on the eire trip,was it KZ or MM who necked about a litre and half of rum on the way,then lost a tooth trying to open a bottle with their drunken mouth :thumbsup:

could have been either but sounds like KZ to me :lol:

didn't one of them get arrested for being D&D ? remember em both being absolutely steamers when we got off the coach at 11-00ish at wembley. the match was an evening kick off !!! talk about pacing yourself !

Was on that trip. Think it was that game we bought our tickets at Tower Records on the day...didn't know until we got in the stadium that they were for the Scotland end.

Was on that trip. Think it was that game we bought our tickets at Tower Records on the day...didn't know until we got in the stadium that they were for the Scotland end.

Tower Records....................now that is a blast from the past !!

Can't imagine them selling em for next year's game :thumbsup:

my ticket went unused :innocent:

Edited by miamiwhite