Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

Outrageous that. Fucking utter balloons.

Nowt to do with Warrington right enough but symbolic of Leeds that really and we shouldn’t of expected any less

And that age as well. My age by the way roughly and whilst I’m a clown at times that’s just farcical and the boy should be done by the law. Similar to the Eddie Jones fiasco for me albeit a bit tamer

And agree biggish hope he does as well and genuinely think he beats him comfortably but got points written all over it for me and a cagey fight with Warrington on the front foot and Selby picking him off in bursts.

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter

I agree Esco, also taking Selby on points. Adrenaline is going to get the better of Warrington, he’ll start fast and leave himself gassed out a bit by the later rounds.

Selby is the bigger man, will keep him on the end of his jab much of the night and work in short bursts. Just hope the judges watch Selby’s better quality of work rather than be swayed by work rate and the crowd

Outrageous that. Fucking utter balloons.

Nowt to do with Warrington right enough but symbolic of Leeds that really and we shouldn’t of expected any less

And that age as well. My age by the way roughly and whilst I’m a clown at times that’s just farcical and the boy should be done by the law. Similar to the Eddie Jones fiasco for me albeit a bit tamer

And agree biggish hope he does as well and genuinely think he beats him comfortably but got points written all over it for me and a cagey fight with Warrington on the front foot and Selby picking him off in bursts.

Those involved are his mates who he grew up with on a rough estate.

Disagree that it's symbolic of the city though. Having lived here 18 years it's like anywhere, you get good & bad areas.

As for the fight Warrington's been chasing him for years so he'll be focused.

Selby hasn't impressed me since he beat Gradovich, he's overcome a lot personally though so he won't be fazed by people waving blow up sheep & singing marching on together.

In the other action Jack beats Stevenson for me. Very under rated figher coming up against a 40 year old champion who has done all he can to avoid the other champions in Kovalev, Beterbiev & Bivol.

Those involved are his mates who he grew up with on a rough estate.

Disagree that it's symbolic of the city though. Having lived here 18 years it's like anywhere, you get good & bad areas.

As for the fight Warrington's been chasing him for years so he'll be focused.

Selby hasn't impressed me since he beat Gradovich, he's overcome a lot personally though so he won't be fazed by people waving blow up sheep & singing marching on together.

In the other action Jack beats Stevenson for me. Very under rated figher coming up against a 40 year old champion who has done all he can to avoid the other champions in Kovalev, Beterbiev & Bivol.

Clarence I meant the football fans rather than the city as I’ve mates from Leeds to but it wasn’t clear but also likeyly

Say they won’t all be bad

• 2 weeks later...