Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

Fury points for me. I hear what folk are saying about difficult to win in the states on points but unless wilder knocks him out I can’t see him winning it and I just think fury has Really taken this seriously now for the first time in a long time. He’s in great shape I think and just Think he’s too good. 

wilder has a punchers chance as odd as it is to say that about a world champion 

• Members
34 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Fury points for me. I hear what folk are saying about difficult to win in the states on points but unless wilder knocks him out I can’t see him winning it and I just think fury has Really taken this seriously now for the first time in a long time. He’s in great shape I think and just Think he’s too good. 

wilder has a punchers chance as odd as it is to say that about a world champion 

41 KO’s in 43 fights more than a punchers chance

7 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

41 KO’s in 43 fights more than a punchers chance

I’m talking about it In The context of this fight in my Opinion. He can knock anyone out we all know that and those stats which I’m perfectly aware of back that up.

in my opinion it’s his only chance of winning this fight he won’t beat fury on points  he’s simply not good enough. Ortiz had boxed his chops off last time out  but his power got him out of jail  

• Members
15 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m talking about it In The context of this fight in my Opinion. He can knock anyone out we all know that and those stats which I’m perfectly aware of back that up.

in my opinion it’s his only chance of winning this fight he won’t beat fury on points  he’s simply not good enough. Ortiz had boxed his chops off last time out  but his power got him out of jail  

Ortiz was beating him both fights until the KO’s. 
He knows what he’s doing he waiting for that punch, that’s his game plan and no one executes it better. He isn’t a boxers boxer he doesn’t hide behind a jab

• Members
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

There’s still tickets on open sale. Those yanks are shite at getting behind their men 

PPV over there is $80. Can’t see the numbers being huge as well, considering the undercard is wank.

13 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Interesting fury’s team have gone for two cut men in his corner. 

TKO for wilder is a good bet. Apparently he’s been turning his punches in sparring. Will be going in with the head as well.

Yeah, That's what I've gone with. Mainly because I've been changing my mind all week.

Hope Fury does it though he always does when I think he'll lose :D

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Just watching the golden contract on sky. The boy mimoune fighting Tyrone McKenna. Then. Was 1/50 in running with the bookies in the 12th round. And they’ve given it to McKenna. Most corrupt sport on the planet he won maybe 2 rounds that was it. Farce 

It seems many agree with you 

• Site Supporter

I'd love Fury to win by KO. I used to think he was a gobby pikey fat cunt but having seen a fair few interviews as well as bits of his tv programme I have changed my mind. He is a gobby pikey fella who has battled his demons and talkes a lot of sense on the subject.

His missus is as rough as a badgers.

15 minutes ago, royal white said:

It seems many agree with you 

Seen some shockers but honestly never seen anything quite as bad as that. I’m no expert but like the sport a lot and watch it a lot and I would have scored it 97-93 mimoune. It’s just wrong when it’s someone’s career they are cheating them out of 

• Members
1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Just had a look at Calzaghe’s stats v Lacy, he landed 351 punches in total. No idea how many were jabs but given the hand speed of Joe and how well he boxed that night, I’d say landing 100 jabs for either of these is nigh on impossible

Calzaghe would throw 1000 a fight so it was definitely possible