Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Official Boxing Thread...

gonzo

Fractured hand less than a week out.

I smell bullshit 

Yeah so do I. Only in recent years has this injury scenario started to happen so often, pioneered in large part by Haye.

Absolutely mugging the fans off time and again - then wondering why the sport is becoming harder and harder to sell.

Yeah so do I. Only in recent years has this injury scenario started to happen so often, pioneered in large part by Haye.

Absolutely mugging the fans off time and again - then wondering why the sport is becoming harder and harder to sell.

With less then a week to go, fight camps are ually over, as they have to do all the media stuff

Hard training and sparring is finishd

He's defo ducked

Edited by Ryan

With less then a week to go, fight camps are ually over, as they have to do all the media stuff

Hard training and sparring is finishd

He's defo ducked

Yep. Same when Haye cut his eye. In a real weird spot. Wouldn't have been sparring without a guard especially that close to the fight.

They have a good idea on the ticket and PPV situation by a week out. That's when they pull the plug.

There's loads of people will have shelled out on transport and hotels though. Booked time off work.  It's absolutely shite behaviour.

Fury is getting absolutely taken the piss out of by these chumps.

Yep. Same when Haye cut his eye. In a real weird spot. Wouldn't have been sparring without a guard especially that close to the fight.

They have a good idea on the ticket and PPV situation by a week out. That's when they pull the plug.

There's loads of people will have shelled out on transport and hotels though. Booked time off work.  It's absolutely shite behaviour.

And I don' understand why, Fury isn't really that good imo

He's just a big dope, granted he has power, but he isn't a great technical boxer

I honestly think Haye would beat him

And I don' understand why, Fury isn't really that good imo

He's just a big dope, granted he has power, but he isn't a great technical boxer

I honestly think Haye would beat him

At the time they were mooted to fight, Haye would likely have taken him apart, a class above

But I think Fury is improving and has the potential to improve massively, both mentally and physically. Whether his uncle has the coaching background to get the best from him, I don't know. The training footage you see is nothing short of laughable ... but 90% of the heavies are the same. 

IMO They are postponing because ticket and PPV numbers are looking ropey... Fury is probably on guaranteed money, not %'s, and doesn't care

See I agree with you but I just don't buy the Haye ducking Fury.

I believe that was genuine. The MEN was pretty much sold out, PPV sales were rumored to be looking very good, there is no way Haye had a change of heart last minute and bottled it.

What I believe happened was Haye pulled out of the Vitali fight with a back injury and got slated as loads had bought flight and accommodation to Germany (me included).

Haye injured his toe in the build up to the Wlad fight and went through with the fight. Got beat fair and square but said he wasn't able to perform at his best because of the injury. Everyone calls him a disgrace said he should have pulled out of the fight. He can't win. I remember him making an appearance on some charity programme and some celeb making a joke about his little toe.

Haye thinks fuck that, not fighting again unless im 100%, injures himself week before fury fight and pulls out.

As for this fight, I do think theres something dodgy about it.

Rumours they have sold fuck all tickets hence them having a press conference every week. I'v read 10k sold and 4k sold, whatever it is its not good.

Warren was probably making a loss with a sold out MEN but considered it worth it if Chisora wins the final eliminator to fight Wlad.

Chisora does his hand but could probably fight through it.

Warren has two options.

Go through with the fight, make a loss with your fighter having much less of a chance winning with his injury.

Pull Chisora out, no purses for Chisora/Fury, can reschedule when he is fully fit, go through with the show and make a profit.

I'd bet a large amount the fight will be made a few months down the line at the copper box

It will be interesting to see how many are actually there on Saturday night now - it could look rather empty in the phones 4 u.

Does anybody know what the situation with refunds will be with Fury still fighting? (according to him on his twitter he "cant wait for Saturday dont know who im fighting yet")

See I agree with you but I just don't buy the Haye ducking Fury.

I believe that was genuine. The MEN was pretty much sold out, PPV sales were rumored to be looking very good, there is no way Haye had a change of heart last minute and bottled it.

What I believe happened was Haye pulled out of the Vitali fight with a back injury and got slated as loads had bought flight and accommodation to Germany (me included).

Haye injured his toe in the build up to the Wlad fight and went through with the fight. Got beat fair and square but said he wasn't able to perform at his best because of the injury. Everyone calls him a disgrace said he should have pulled out of the fight. He can't win. I remember him making an appearance on some charity programme and some celeb making a joke about his little toe.

Haye thinks fuck that, not fighting again unless im 100%, injures himself week before fury fight and pulls out.

As for this fight, I do think theres something dodgy about it.

Rumours they have sold fuck all tickets hence them having a press conference every week. I'v read 10k sold and 4k sold, whatever it is its not good.

Warren was probably making a loss with a sold out MEN but considered it worth it if Chisora wins the final eliminator to fight Wlad.

Chisora does his hand but could probably fight through it.

Warren has two options.

Go through with the fight, make a loss with your fighter having much less of a chance winning with his injury.

Pull Chisora out, no purses for Chisora/Fury, can reschedule when he is fully fit, go through with the show and make a profit.

I'd bet a large amount the fight will be made a few months down the line at the copper box

Yeah I agree with most of that.

Haye has a LOT of history though...I just don't give him any benefit of the doubt now