Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Nfl

clown

@ZicoKelly can’t remember if I asked if you’d ever been or not to see them play at home? Raucous  the tailgate party is something else  but can get out of hand and you need your wits about you 

some place Buffalo I loved it and plan to return. You could have a proper carry on if you weren’t with the wife as well. Knickers are almost off soon as they hear the voice. 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

@ZicoKelly can’t remember if I asked if you’d ever been or not to see them play at home? Raucous  the tailgate party is something else  but can get out of hand and you need your wits about you 

some place Buffalo I loved it and plan to return. You could have a proper carry on if you weren’t with the wife as well. Knickers are almost off soon as they hear the voice. 

Nah, I've only done the Rams v Bengals at Wembley 

Said it a while back, I'd love to do a road trip NYC to Buffalo to Detroit to Minneapolis and take in some games, chuck in Niagara Falls for the mrs

Might have to wait till the little one has left home mind 

I've been past Titans ground on a Segway but they weren't playing 

Drove past the Saints as they were playing andnd got to a bar to catch the last quarter

That's about as close as I've come to a game over there

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Nah, I've only done the Rams v Bengals at Wembley 

Said it a while back, I'd love to do a road trip NYC to Buffalo to Detroit to Minneapolis and take in some games, chuck in Niagara Falls for the mrs

Might have to wait till the little one has left home mind 

I've been past Titans ground on a Segway but they weren't playing 

Drove past the Saints as they were playing andnd got to a bar to catch the last quarter

That's about as close as I've come to a game over there

Ive missed it this year. 100% will be there next year. Hopefully pats get a game in New York although maybe better not to watch them at present. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Ive missed it this year. 100% will be there next year. Hopefully pats get a game in New York although maybe better not to watch them at present. 

As they're in the same division as the Jets you should be okay 👍 

I've really gotten into NFL last few years, but especially more this season. It's a cracking sport.

Someone mentioned game 17 and bye weeks. I read somewhere that they'll make it an 18 week season. The 17th game is possibly an across conference game against a similar strength side, ie, AFC East Div winner from 2020 plays NFC East div winner. This will push the Superbowl back a week.

2 minutes ago, jeep said:

As they're in the same division as the Jets you should be okay 👍 

I've really gotten into NFL last few years, but especially more this season. It's a cracking sport.

Someone mentioned game 17 and bye weeks. I read somewhere that they'll make it an 18 week season. The 17th game is possibly an across conference game against a similar strength side, ie, AFC East Div winner from 2020 plays NFC East div winner. This will push the Superbowl back a week.

Sorry I meant when fans can attend 

3 minutes ago, jeep said:

You've got a wait fella according to this - 2023

NFL regular season - Wikipedia

Co-Vid may have fucked off by then!

I'm gonna put an NFL game on my bucket list....

I didn’t realise there was a formula like that. Cheers for that. 

you have To get to one. It’s unbelievable. My mrs hated it til I took her to a Tampa game. That was it. Hooked And she made me Take to her a game in New York on the way home and that’s where the affinity to the giants comes from. 

• Members

Keeping a lid on it re the Packers. Beat the despised Bears next and the road to the Super Bowl should go through Lambeau Field. I would be very happy with that. The Ice Bowl serves the Pack well at this time of year.

Delighted with the Badgers bowl victory. Love this time of year with wall to wall bowl games. The final (Alabama v Clemson surely?) should be superb but the one which will probably live longest in the memory is this one:

• Members
1 hour ago, frank_spencer said:

Sky can fuck off putting the Steelers V Browns game on.

From a selfish point of view it makes my game pass worthless again and for the neutral fans why stick a game on where one team is resting everyone

How’re the Giants not on! 
IPTV it is for me

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

84 yard punt return touchdown 

Dolphins have no idea what's hit them so far 

Bills appear to be bang in form at the right time

McKenzie was unplayable at times when at Georgia, great to see him shining in the big leagues.

Rather unsurprisingly stillers are losing to the Browns keep seeing starters on the field and getting worried they're going to get hurt. So many back ups in that when Jarvis Landry ran in that TD I had no clue who was playing defence.

Just now, frank_spencer said:

McKenzie was unplayable at times when at Georgia, great to see him shining in the big leagues.

Rather unsurprisingly stillers are losing to the Browns keep seeing starters on the field and getting worried they're going to get hurt. So many back ups in that when Jarvis Landry ran in that TD I had no clue who was playing defence.

It matters not who gets hurt frank and you know it. Steelers will not even get to the championship game.

it’s the hope that kills you!

bills are looking immense. Let’s hope they can keep It up. 

It matters not who gets hurt frank and you know it. Steelers will not even get to the championship game.

it’s the hope that kills you!

bills are looking immense. Let’s hope they can keep It up. 

I just want to beat the browns next week.

Then take it from there.

Just seen Stefon Tuitt and Minkah Fitzpatrick in for a play. Get them off Tomlin.

Browns home or away? 

Home Steelers have won the division already.

Was a chance it could be the ravens but with them battering the bungles there's no hope of that.

Browns can still browns it up here. Not going to say the Steelers can win because it really will be the browns fucking it up.