Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ifollow

SnoopJohnnyJohn

Some chap in town who ive never met before and im pissed now so will never in the memory of man will recognise in a line up had the Boro game it on his firestick but it went from english to a foreign language midway through the 2nd half apparently. Clear as a bell apparently according to him.

Yeah the Kodi stream I caught was flawless.

Why fuck about nicking it when you could just put your hand in your pocket and pay the 6 quid?

Would you nick a scarf from the club shop?

I've paid for my season ticket, and couldn't make the game, so I've already bought a ticket for more than iFollow costs

• Moderators

Next time your moaning about what the chairman hasn't spent, think on about the fact you'd rather steal the content than pay 6 quid, it's not even 6 quid ffs

Are times that hard?

Get bent

Have you paid for everything, ever?

You're technically nicking it anyway as its not meant to be for us in the UK

And unless I'm missing something it's the EFL you're paying for each game, it's not a service provided by the club, they just opt in to the platform

Get bent

Have you paid for everything, ever?

You're technically nicking it anyway as its not meant to be for us in the UK

And unless I'm missing something it's the EFL you're paying for each game, it's not a service provided by the club, they just opt in to the platform

I'm pretty sure the revenues are to the Club less a license fee and platform fee, hence a few of the bigger clubs opting to go an alternative route...

• Moderators

I'm pretty sure the revenues are to the Club less a license fee and platform fee, hence a few of the bigger clubs opting to go an alternative route...

So what are the alternatives?

Not sure why charlton or Birmingham wouldn't be up for it

I can understand folk illegally streaming content that isn't available anywhere legally, it's your only option then

But when you can just log onto the clubs website and pay a fiver it's a different story surely?

My understanding is that it goes to the club unless you know differently. Why would we sell the service on our site otherwise?

I just find it ironic that someone who has been very critical of the clubs ownership during these difficult financial times is happy telling the world that he has stollen the content in order to save himself a fiver

So what are the alternatives?

Not sure why charlton or Birmingham wouldn't be up for it

From what I understood, they were free to offer it on their own or using alternative platforms. I did a quick check of both Club's and BCFC are doing just that whereas CAFC don't but are say they are exploring options to provide streaming in future. 

I'm no expert on iFollow, but from what I have read, the EFL have provided the opportunity to Clubs in the lower tiers to utilise their negotiated platform for media streaming. This includes (I think) the whole look and feel of the websites. A bit like that crap website we were contractually lumbered with previously. So it is obvious that someone is taking a cut somewhere for the use of this platform.

Any Club has / had the opportunity to opt out of it, and it seems quite a few did. Not knowing their reasons, I think the most basic would be if you can make it (or potentially make it) more profitable without subscribing to the fixed overheads of the EFL platform then that would be a wise move. I assume most Clubs wont have the media resource or industry clout to make it more profitable and / or cant be arsed with the effort it would involve for the income stream.

(All opinion of course)

I've just had a chat with an ifollow bod

They reckon you don't just need to be out of the UK but you need a foreign address and card

Can't say this is true or not

I've not been able to get on

Paid for a monthly pass, nothing

You have to use the app with apple devices, yet the app is shite, doesn't let you update your subscription details and still thinks Middlesbrough is the next game

Shite

i tried it without the vpn for the second half, and it run smoothly had it in full HD, usually with the VPN i dont get near HD quality

so maybe you dont need the vpn's once you have the match up and running?

or is this already in peoples knowledge and i'm being slow?

Edited by Werder barmen