Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cheating Aussie Scum

L/H White

• Site Supporter

Oh and when you say you meant a contest between bat and ball well that's bollocks.

Listening to the experts yesterday, theit belief was the introduction of T20 and batsmen getting stronger and fitter is helping larger scores.

The contest is still there, just bowlers and fans now appreciate that more runs may be scored per over.

The one day game was struggling for breath and first fielding restrictions and power plays then a new style has improved the game immensely.

Proper entertainment and we're the best at it.

Long may it continue.

• Moderators

everything is set up for the batters

from the fielding restrictions to keep changing the ball to short boundaries

im not against it, but it explains why the scores from a few years back are often not competitive any more

I don’t think we should get carried away by the record score (brilliant as it was against the Aussies)

In the ODI’s in Australia earlier this year we won the series 4-1 (with the cheats playing)

These were the scores

Eng. 308, 274, 302, 196 & 259

Aus. 304, 270, 286, 197 & 247

The last time I drove, I parked on Warwick Road South. Round the back of the ground and walk over the Metro station. It was the fifth day of a test so relatively quiet. Not sure if parking restrictions will be on for this match though.

My wife will be dropping us off.

• Site Supporter

Killing one day cricket, England!

Aye, tedious isn't it.

Joking aside, why have the Aussies left so much of their bowling attack out? Not all injured surely.

As for the boundaries being brought in; sometimes I agree they're in too far (T20 seems worse) but with the quality and athleticism of fielders now it's probably just as well to give them a run off area to decelerate, as they would be clattering into spectators.

• Moderators

roy hit a 6 yesterday that landed ten yards beyond the rope but 10 yards inside the fence

question

if the fielder stands in that no mans land - 10 yards beyond the boundary - catches it with his feet off the floor and chucks it in field to be caught, is that out?

roy hit a 6 yesterday that landed ten yards beyond the rope but 10 yards inside the fence

question

if the fielder stands in that no mans land - 10 yards beyond the boundary - catches it with his feet off the floor and chucks it in field to be caught, is that out?

If the fielder has touched the ground outside the boundary the ball is grounded.

• Site Supporter

What happens if he catches it inside, throws it up before he goes over the rope, the ball is still in the air but over the rope. He then jumps again hits/throws the ball back inside whilst he's still in the air, where it is caught?

Convoluted, but not impossible?

Going off the above, I presume it's a six?

What happens if he catches it inside, throws it up before he goes over the rope, the ball is still in the air but over the rope. He then jumps again hits/throws the ball back inside whilst he's still in the air, where it is caught?

Convoluted, but not impossible?

Going off the above, I presume it's a six?

A six if he's jumped after already landing over the rope.....

I think!!

The last time I drove, I parked on Warwick Road South. Round the back of the ground and walk over the Metro station. It was the fifth day of a test so relatively quiet. Not sure if parking restrictions will be on for this match though.

My wife will be dropping us off.

Did the same in the end. Getting the tram back