Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

78 Promotion

Zico

13 hours ago, MickyD said:

He's obviously not still watching the Wanderers then.

Ha ha no idea pal. Not seen or heard from him since 1986. Think he’s still alive as he has a flat in Camden that’s rented out under his name but won’t make contact. Doubt the cunt knows that our Dad died 10 years ago. If he’s still alive he’ll be watching all the London games. Always did. Hippy cunt who got massively into resin and LSD. Fuck him

22 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Was Waldrons leg  break the year before the lad got stabbed? -  74/75 ish?

I was  at both games as a young 'un, but the memories are fading.

21 hours ago, darrener said:

I thought it was the same game, might be wrong 

1 hour ago, Take Hunt Off said:

It was the same game I was at a mates wedding so missed the trip

News of Waldrons horrific leg break came through first & then later the tragic stabbing.

Looks like i just went to the one game then - fuck me, my memory is worse than i thought :D

• Members
On 08/02/2019 at 17:03, Boby Brno said:

Correct. Remember the white scarfs with two red stripes? Jimmy Armfield abandoned that experiment when he took over the following season.

Certainly do. Couldn't bring myself to have one. A bit too MU for my liking.

• Members
On 10/02/2019 at 03:32, Burndens Bogs said:

Yeh, the "Kop"

They kept us in there for fucking ages after the game. Then we had the ballache of having to go through that pub car park and every car had to be searched.

The lad who caught the stabbed one as he fell is in our scooter club down here (the tangerine twat :D).

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

They kept us in there for fucking ages after the game. Then we had the ballache of having to go through that pub car park and every car had to be searched.

The lad who caught the stabbed one as he fell is in our scooter club down here (the tangerine twat :D).

Was a young lad caught for the knifing and the police cocked up the interview and he got off with it? 

• Members
43 minutes ago, darrener said:

Was a young lad caught for the knifing and the police cocked up the interview and he got off with it? 

No naming names mate but we all know who it is, which school he went to and a few other facts which are probably best not aired here - even though it was a very long time ago.

Yes, there was some sort of stuff up in the police investigation and he got off with it.

2 hours ago, bolty58 said:

No naming names mate but we all know who it is, which school he went to and a few other facts which are probably best not aired here - even though it was a very long time ago.

Yes, there was some sort of stuff up in the police investigation and he got off with it.

Don't want to name names obviously I heard the story off a friend from over bolton he said they moved to Australia. Obviously common knowledge over bolton no idea who are what happened over darwen way was just wondering if what I was told was true. Was at the game myself but don't remember to much about it. We were in the stand down the side I can remember seeing the trouble but don't remember much else. 

4 hours ago, darrener said:

Don't want to name names obviously I heard the story off a friend from over bolton he said they moved to Australia. Obviously common knowledge over bolton no idea who are what happened over darwen way was just wondering if what I was told was true. Was at the game myself but don't remember to much about it. We were in the stand down the side I can remember seeing the trouble but don't remember much else. 

You wouldn't see the the trouble from the side stand because it happened behind the Kop. During the game there was a thick line of police separating the 2 sets of fans, but at h/t most of the police stayed put while lots of fans went round the back onto the steps & a great, big fight broke out.

The lad charged was acquitted on a technicality ( he was interviewed without an adult present, i think ) but the strong view in Bolton was that he didn't do it anyway. He was around for a while after that & even went to some matches but ( maybe a couple of years later ) the family were supposed to have emigrated & as far as i know, have never been back since.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

You wouldn't see the the trouble from the side stand because it happened behind the Kop. During the game there was a thick line of police separating the 2 sets of fans, but at h/t most of the police stayed put while lots of fans went round the back onto the steps & a great, big fight broke out.

The lad charged was acquitted on a technicality ( he was interviewed without an adult present, i think ) but the strong view in Bolton was that he didn't do it anyway. He was around for a while after that & even went to some matches but ( maybe a couple of years later ) the family were supposed to have emigrated & as far as i know, have never been back since.

Yep, then all the police went down the back after the incident - which left the Blackpool lads on the Kop being scattered. I can still picture one lad keep coming back towards me my mate & he got booted away  3/4 times. The police came back & after they established another DMZ, all the Blackpool lads were chanting 'We want the n*****', as they knew his ethnicity. As was said previously, we were kept in for ages afterwards...

I'm sure there was a front page on the Daily Mirror about the lad after the court case & it named him as he 'got away' with it.