Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Parkin where it went wrong !

Good Knee

• Site Supporter

Just read his article what a feeble lame tosser he his. So he reckons had the players been payed after beating QPR they would have gone on to beat Ipswich and set up the great escape, for fucked sake so going about 20 or so games without having a shot at the opponents goal had nowt to do with it they make my piss boil.

• Site Supporter

Deluded! I read about half of the article and could read no more. I think someone at the club long term must be the spin-doctor. Just about every manager since BSA seems to have spoken in positive terms about some of the most depressing games in the club's history. They can't all be deluded can they? Someone else is coaching them what to say. 

2 hours ago, marple whites said:

What a load of tosh !!  Perhaps if we had played better since October, we might have had a chance !!

Do they think we are thick ?

Yes they do.

And yes some people are, I've seen people who think this lot have done a good job. 

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17592682.bolton-assistant-steve-parkin-pin-points-where-it-went-wrong/

If you read the actual quotes rather than the editorial headline what he's saying makes sense - they had a great and surprise win at QPR, morale was high - Ipswich up next at home. Win that...and who knows. But instead the players didn't get paid, missed training etc etc...

He doesn't actually say "that's where everything went wrong". I mean players were striking before the season even started over non payment of bonuses etc...and people underestimate how this sort of thing affects collective moral. If you look at it following the summer and strikes we started the season brilliantly. Off the back of a good start and a creditable draw at Preston we had two weeks during the international break of administration talk - its not an excuse at all. But one can see a correlation somewhat in performances and off-field issues. 

2 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/17592682.bolton-assistant-steve-parkin-pin-points-where-it-went-wrong/

If you read the actual quotes rather than the editorial headline what he's saying makes sense - they had a great and surprise win at QPR, morale was high - Ipswich up next at home. Win that...and who knows. But instead the players didn't get paid, missed training etc etc...

He doesn't actually say "that's where everything went wrong". I mean players were striking before the season even started over non payment of bonuses etc...and people underestimate how this sort of thing affects collective moral. If you look at it following the summer and strikes we started the season brilliantly. Off the back of a good start and a creditable draw at Preston we had two weeks during the international break of administration talk - its not an excuse at all. But one can see a correlation somewhat in performances and off-field issues. 

Agree with most of this, Parky is responsible for the team he selects and the tactics they employ even if he’s had one hand tied behind his back, he would have been replaced a long time ago in normal circumstances, I’m sure despite what he said recently he’ll be glad to see the back of BWFC and start again

For me the buck stops with sweaty Ken, it’s been a perfect storm and I think it’s far from bottomed out yet

5 hours ago, marple whites said:

What a load of tosh !!  Perhaps if we had played better since October, we might have had a chance !!

Do they think we are thick ?

Only brexiteers

• Site Supporter

I've worked in the construction industry all my working life self employed never had any guarantee of payment for work done ,you have to get on with it fucking man up trade the car in for a smaller one,get a part time job,send the missus out,inexcusable going on to a football pitch and not trying thousands of lads every weekend play for fuck all piss still boiling. 

1 minute ago, Good Knee said:

I've worked in the construction industry all my working life self employed never had any guarantee of payment for work done ,you have to get on with it fucking man up trade the car in for a smaller one,get a part time job,send the missus out,inexcusable going on to a football pitch and not trying thousands of lads every weekend play for fuck all piss still boiling. 

With the greatest of respect competitive team sport and a self employed builder - are in no way comparable.

Its relative too. Footballers are human and if they are peed off or worried or anything else it might affect them 1% which could be huge come a Saturday against a team firing on all cylinders. Its also the spirit that is lost - especially when you aren't the best players in the world....

I get the whole "they are privileged" thing - but so are those they come up against. 

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

With the greatest of respect competitive team sport and a self employed builder - are in no way comparable.

Its relative too. Footballers are human and if they are peed off or worried or anything else it might affect them 1% which could be huge come a Saturday against a team firing on all cylinders. Its also the spirit that is lost - especially when you aren't the best players in the world....

I get the whole "they are privileged" thing - but so are those they come up against. 

With the greatest respect, that's fucking bollocks. They know that they're gonna get paid, either by the club or the PFA.

OK, it's a bit uncomfortable for a while but there's a lot more pressure on a working class lad who is trying to earn a butty rather these guys who know that it is coming to them, even if it is later rather than sooner.