Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pay rises

fatty

On 12/04/2022 at 08:58, Sweep said:

Fuck all thus far, although there is talk that it's currently being reviewed and 5% is what is being suggested

The office and warehouse lot got their payrises today, it seems to be circa 10% across the board. Should find out what mine is next week apparently 

14 minutes ago, Sweep said:

The office and warehouse lot got their payrises today, it seems to be circa 10% across the board. Should find out what mine is next week apparently 

10%! 

Fucking hell they've done fuck all but wait about for deliveries from China for the past 9 months. Nice work if you can get it! 

29 minutes ago, stevieb said:

10%! 

Fucking hell they've done fuck all but wait about for deliveries from China for the past 9 months. Nice work if you can get it! 

Indeed, we can't get product anywhere near quick enough.........but when we do get it, we make sure the customer pays top whack for it. The profit made last year was incredible, so it's good to see the staff being rewarded.

Edited by Sweep

13 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Indeed, we can't get product anywhere near quick enough.........but when we do get it, we make sure the customer pays top whack for it. The profit made last year was incredible, so it's good to see the staff being rewarded.

Every credit to your employers to be fair. 

I'd say anything less than 10% for anyone is a real life pay cut...and that's probably conservative. 

The published inflation figures for me are always about 6 to 9 months lagging what we're seeing in retail.

This Is Fine GIF