Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pay rises

fatty

4 minutes ago, Smiley said:

2 days before I flew out to Barbados I got notice that my oldest and biggest client of 19 years no longer needed my services. 60% pay cut in one phone call. That’s life. Win some you lose some.

Bring back White Love!

I've reduced my hours this year, higher rate of pay but I'm down overall... didn't time that one well did I?

Still I enjoy the time off, thanks to energy prices etc. I can't currently afford to do as much as I wanted but I've got a little money making scheme in mind

• Moderators
11 hours ago, gonzo said:

I put my prices up last week for the first time in 7 years. Excluding contract stuff obviously.

Everyone was absolutely sound and totally understood 🙌

same here

by around 20-25% for my big company type clients

but left the small guys as they were

I was told I was too cheap beforehand anyway

no one has complained

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, leigh white said:

3.1 % today off the kind hearted tory cunts on my pension, what happened to the triple lock you promised in your manifesto ?

Triple lock has or is being restored. 

As usual, let's blame government. 

Not look to the real issue and individual. 

2 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Triple lock has or is being restored. 

As usual, let's blame government. 

Not look to the real issue and individual. 

They've promised to reinstate it.

But they also promised not to get shut of it in the first place.

So given they've already bullshitted Leigh once, why would he believe them this time?

3 hours ago, MickyD said:

Question: Do you get a certain amount of time off for sickness?

I ask because I also had an illness cover policy which would kick in when my employer stopped paying me full money and put me on SSP. That was six months. So paying for an illness cover when the life cover you have may already contain an element of Critical Illness Cover may not be the greatest value for money. 

I’m no financial expert but it saved me a shilling or two when I realised and was reimbursed when I contacted them for mis-selling. 

Yes I do. I’ve done this on top of that to get more cover. Cheers for flagging though. Similarly I’ve done a few life insurances.

Took a dividend, paid off some of the CC debt that I had from the pandemic so the monthly bill is less.

Got a big new client which is internationally touring and about to leave London for a UK tour (see local press in May for details) which as helped.

Although lots of shows are currently being cancellend due to the uptick in Covid, another week in Norwich just gone like that.

Starting this business I'm earning more than I have before which helps, would like to give ourselves another 1,500 wage top up before the end of the year but it all depends on work.

Either way it'll be tight but the gamble to go for a smaller business taking a bigger slice of the pie had worked...so far!

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Was offered 5% and I kicked off and got the owner to raise it to 7.5% for all staff across the board, and he agreed to  another review in 6 months if inflation continues.

You should be getting 20%
Poor preparation if you ask me.

22 hours ago, kent_white said:

3% on the NHS gravy train. 

Pay cut in real terms. 

Lots of claps though! 😁👍

21 hours ago, bolton_blondie said:

We love a clap and a free pasty. Prefer to be able take my kids abroad like. 

And a spitfire fly past, don't forget that.