Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile In England

royal white

1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well, I'd like to see the number of protests restricted, and for the police to use the full powers they wanted and were given.

If marches are allowed but the participants allowed to get away with criminality then things will just get worse.

The cost of this lot is also astronomical and perhaps the policing budget is designed to accommodate such a frequency. 

Nothing wrong with feeling that way about the marches. 

Reality is though that neither you, me, or the police have the right to restrict it. It's the job of the police to facilitate. 

Yes go after the isolated incidents of aggression, offensive banners etc. But you can't restrict a majority peaceful protest just because you feel they are pointless or costing too much etc. Even that doesn't fall within the new policing bill. 

16 minutes ago, royal white said:

The full story is out, my point still stands. Members of the Jewish community fear for their safety with all these utterly pointless marches. 

I don't disagree that more members of the Jewish community have become fearful. That's for a variety of reasons, not just the protests. There has also been a rise in Muslims feeling more fearful, might be a whatabout but balance is important here. 

That wasn't your initial point though Mr. Porky 😉

You posted a video of man supposedly trying to get where he wanted. Shared from a platform of a group who are themselves linked to extremists in Israel. You then said "London 2024, you can't go over there because you're Jewish". Clearly referring to the video. 

Bit of a shocker there mate now we know the full picture. 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I don't disagree that more members of the Jewish community have become fearful. That's for a variety of reasons, not just the protests. There has also been a rise in Muslims feeling more fearful, might be a whatabout but balance is important here. 

That wasn't your initial point though Mr. Porky 😉

You posted a video of man supposedly trying to get where he wanted. Shared from a platform of a group who are themselves linked to extremists in Israel. You then said "London 2024, you can't go over there because you're Jewish". Clearly referring to the video. 

Bit of a shocker there mate now we know the full picture. 

Wrong again cocker. (Quite a recurring theme with you) The fact the copper said you can’t go over there because you’re openly Jewish highlights there has been a problem in recent months for the Jewish community. Hence “London 2024” 

You can whatabout all you want with Islamophobia, no one is disputing that but the protests alone are causing concern for the Jewish community. 

7 minutes ago, royal white said:

The fact the copper said you can’t go over there because you’re openly Jewish

So with all the information you've now heard about Gideon Falter. Plus the 15 minute conversation between the copper and the Jewish group coming out today about why he stopped him crossing. And you're still arguing that black is white (quite a recurring theme with you). 

I do have the upmost admiration for your stubbornness though ❤️ it's impressive.

That video doesn't prove your point in the slightest. 

Edited by London Wanderer

Just now, London Wanderer said:

So with all the information you've now heard about Gideon Falter. Plus the 15 minute conversation between the copper and the Jewish group coming out today about why he stopped him crossing. And you're still arguing that black is white (quite a recurring theme with you). 

I do have the upmost admiration for your stubbornness though ❤️ it's impressive.

I’m pretty sure the copper would have said it to any Jew wanting to go where he was going. 

However according to you (a teacher in Scotland) it’s not just the protests why they’re living in fear,  yet according to Jews living in London it is. Now who should we believe on that one? 

8 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m pretty sure the copper would have said it to any Jew wanting to go where he was going. 

However according to you (a teacher in Scotland) it’s not just the protests why they’re living in fear,  yet according to Jews living in London it is. Now who should we believe on that one? 

Mate - you really need to look at the longer transcript that came out today. Sky news released it earlier. Because you're still basing your argument on this one 15 second clip and it's making you sound a bit daft. And despite us both taking the piss out each other, I really don't have you down as this daft. 

He said it to him because he was trying to cross the demonstration to antagonise. He was with a group of people and a camera man. The policeman states that he had observed him acting suspiciously earlier. He then told the copper "I will go where ever the hell I want". At which point the copper used a poor choice of words but (as people have been saying on here all day) there is a lot more to it than the phrase he used. He had a clear motive here and it wasn't just to cross the street. 

On your other point - nope not according to me. According to a survey of British Jews.

https://eurojewcong.org/news/communities-news/united-kingdom/three-quarters-of-uk-jews-more-fearful-for-their-safety-since-7-10/

"The growing insecurity of the community in the UK is shown to have been compounded by a growing distrust of institutions such as the BBC, the UK university authorities and with the police". It's a variety of reasons (including the protests) why they don't feel safe 👍 Proven by the fact not every report of antisemitism occurs on a protest. 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Mate - you really need to look at the longer transcript that came out today. Sky news released it earlier. Because you're still basing your argument on this one 15 second clip and it's making you sound a bit daft. And despite us both taking the piss out each other, I really don't have you down as this daft. 

He said it to him because he was trying to cross the demonstration to antagonise. He was with a group of people and a camera man. The policeman states that he had observed him acting suspiciously earlier. He then told the copper "I will go where ever the hell I want". At which point the copper used a poor choice of words but (as people have been saying on here all day) there is a lot more to it than the phrase he used. He had a clear motive here and it wasn't just to cross the street. 

On your other point - nope not according to me. According to a survey of British Jews.

https://eurojewcong.org/news/communities-news/united-kingdom/three-quarters-of-uk-jews-more-fearful-for-their-safety-since-7-10/

"The growing insecurity of the community in the UK is shown to have been compounded by a growing distrust of institutions such as the BBC, the UK university authorities and with the police". It's a variety of reasons (including the protests) why they don't feel safe 👍 Proven by the fact not every report of antisemitism occurs on a protest. 

Oh well someone needs to tell the governments counter extremist guru that he’s wrong and the protests aren’t turning parts of London into No go zones.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-no-go-zone-jews-palestinian-protests-gaza-robin-simcox-b1143962.html

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Well, I'd like to see the number of protests restricted, and for the police to use the full powers they wanted and were given.

If marches are allowed but the participants allowed to get away with criminality then things will just get worse.

The cost of this lot is also astronomical and perhaps the policing budget is designed to accommodate such a frequency. 

I'll ask again - what kinds of "criminality" are the Pro-Palestine march participants 'getting away with'?

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

Oh well someone needs to tell the governments counter extremist guru that he’s wrong and the protests aren’t turning parts of London into No go zones.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-no-go-zone-jews-palestinian-protests-gaza-robin-simcox-b1143962.html

Nobody is disputing that these protests have been tough for Jewish people & that they don’t feel safe going into town when they’re on. 

I’m talking specifically about your video with Gideon Falter & the copper. Which is awful evidence for the above point because he himself is looking to cause trouble & is connected to extremists 👍 Hopefully you’ve grasped that. 

Jewish people feeling afraid isn’t enough reason to restrict the protests though imo. Which is what the guy in the article suggests. Especially if there isn’t widespread evidence of Jews being regularly attacked during the demos. The protesters ( as annoying as they may be ) want to protest about the Israeli governments response in Gaza. You can’t really stop them making that point, just like you couldn’t if people were to protest against Hamas. 

Obviously anyone intimidating Jews or Muslims need to be dealt with accordingly. 

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Nobody is disputing that these protests have been tough for Jewish people & that they don’t feel safe going into town when they’re on. 

I’m talking specifically about your video with Gideon Falter & the copper. Which is awful evidence for the above point because he himself is looking to cause trouble & is connected to extremists 👍 Hopefully you’ve grasped that. 

Jewish people feeling afraid isn’t enough reason to restrict the protests though imo. Which is what the guy in the article suggests. Especially if there isn’t widespread evidence of Jews being regularly attacked during the demos. The protesters ( as annoying as they may be ) want to protest about the Israeli governments response in Gaza. You can’t really stop them making that point, just like you couldn’t if people were to protest against Hamas. 

Obviously anyone intimidating Jews or Muslims need to be dealt with accordingly. 

Probably because they’re sat at home afraid to go out.

These cunts protesting every weekend are just that. Useless pathetic pieces of shit. A waste of resources and money. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Has there been much trouble at any of these demos? 

Again - genuine question - I haven't really been following it.

Loads of crimes being committed but ignored by the Police, according to TMGJ. He hasn't clarified anything yet though.

37 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Has there been much trouble at any of these demos? 

Again - genuine question - I haven't really been following it.

Not much recently- again, Jews have been at these demos too.

There has been some & there was certainly more  antisemitism when they were bigger initially. You’ll find plenty examples online.

But it’s a minority. The vast majority, as triggering as they might be for some, are peaceful and not intimidating anyone. The idea that the Jewish population of London are quivering in their homes every Saturday afraid to go out is nonsense.

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

accurate description 

Hate to burst your bubble here mate….

but believing that every person on a pro Palestine demo is a cunt & a pathetic piece of shit is an opinion (not an accurate description). Even I wouldn’t claim to be that much an expert 😉 You do impress yourself eh.

Just now, London Wanderer said:

Hate to burst your bubble here mate….

but believing that every person on a pro Palestine demo is a cunt & a pathetic piece of shit is an opinion (not an accurate description). Even I wouldn’t claim to be that much an expert 😉 You do impress yourself eh.

It’s an accurate description, I make the same kind of observations on a regular basis. 

11 minutes ago, royal white said:

It’s worse at football 🙄

Aw come on, let’s leave Kent out of our pathetic little games. He’s only asking a genuine question. 

Some protesters cause trouble - not everyone on a protest is a cunt though.

Some football fans cause trouble - not everyone at a footy game is a cunt though.

Excuse the Whataboutery, but I think it gets my point across quite nicely. 

15 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

You sure you’re not upset petal?

These things really seem to get him all riled up 200 odd miles away.

Can't say they bothered my Thursday last week when there was a march, nor a couple.of Saturdays ago.

The synagogue opposite my house is still standing. Although if the SUV parks as close to my drive as last week, I will be having words with Laura, the Rabbi - who I'm sure would be happy having a cup of tea with RW and happily disavowing him of some of his rather reactionary views so he can perhaps doing something more productive with his days/evenings. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Janner-Klausner

2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Can't say they bothered my Thursday last week when there was a march, nor a couple.of Saturdays ago.

The synagogue opposite my house is still standing. Although if the SUV parks as close to my drive as last week, I will be having words with Laura, the Rabbi - who I'm sure would be happy having a cup of tea with RW and happily disavowing him of some of his rather reactionary views so he can perhaps doing something more productive with his days/evenings. - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laura_Janner-Klausner

“Here’s a link to someone I agree with so make sure you read about her “ 

I didn’t think it would be long before noncey chops perked up. Early finish on the ale love? 

5 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Aw come on, let’s leave Kent out of our pathetic little games. He’s only asking a genuine question. 

Some protesters cause trouble - not everyone on a protest is a cunt though.

Some football fans cause trouble - not everyone at a footy game is a cunt though.

Excuse the Whataboutery, but I think it gets my point across quite nicely. 

It’s kind of become expected at football, that’s the reason clubs pay for policing. 

At a March for peace? Kind of defeats the object, whilst costing 10s of millions. 

Great comparison 

1 minute ago, Not in Crawley said:

Haha

A Rabbi outside their home on a Saturday 😱 Thought it wasn’t safe?

He’s very riled up by them. Now he’s convinced himself he’s an expert on a city he doesn’t live in & seems to have forgot the basic difference between facts & opinions. 

Look at this lot out at the weekend. “Pathetic pieces of shit” 😬

IMG_1422.jpeg