Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Charlton (a)

mattbwfc19

i was on the 8-15 and was delayed over 30 mins,have a look on trainline and got so far and screens doesnt give any options once i get so far,ive since phoned them and spoke to them,because ive used the ticketsand took the journey they have done there job,and advised me to go to avanti as there are responsible for the delay, so ive now sent an email to avanti. ive also applied for a refund from charlton back to st pancras, bollocks to the train companies

ive started doing it to home matches as they dont scan your tickets when you land in bolton

6 minutes ago, fester58 said:

i was on the 8-15 and was delayed over 30 mins,have a look on trainline and got so far and screens doesnt give any options once i get so far,ive since phoned them and spoke to them,because ive used the ticketsand took the journey they have done there job,and advised me to go to avanti as there are responsible for the delay, so ive now sent an email to avanti. ive also applied for a refund from charlton back to st pancras, bollocks to the train companies

ive started doing it to home matches as they dont scan your tickets when you land in bolton

We was on that one

total delay time was 27 mins but seemed longer 

1 hour ago, fester58 said:

Travelled down to London for the match last Thursday.  No barriers or inspectors at Wigan.  Train Manager couldn't be arsed coming down the train to check tickets and straight through open barriers at Euston. 

Left car at Wigan.  Came back yesterday.  Put car park ticket in the machine at the station expecting to pay £40, just spat the ticket back out. Walked out to use the other ticket machine in the car park, barrier propped wide open.  Result.

No wonder the trains are loss making.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, TrickyTrotter said:

Travelled down to London for the match last Thursday.  No barriers or inspectors at Wigan.  Train Manager couldn't be arsed coming down the train to check tickets and straight through open barriers at Euston. 

Left car at Wigan.  Came back yesterday.  Put car park ticket in the machine at the station expecting to pay £40, just spat the ticket back out. Walked out to use the other ticket machine in the car park, barrier propped wide open.  Result.

you claimed a refund for the train ticket?

2 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

We was on that one

total delay time was 27 mins but seemed longer 

Amazing how good they are at sneaking under the 30 minute barrier (50% of ticket to the uninitiated)

1 hour ago, TrickyTrotter said:

You got lucky with the car park! The one across the road (little ginnel by Swan & Railway) is only a fiver a day and locks up at night if you’re leaving it overnight. 

24 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Amazing how good they are at sneaking under the 30 minute barrier (50% of ticket to the uninitiated)

You got lucky with the car park! The one across the road (little ginnel by Swan & Railway) is only a fiver a day and locks up at night if you’re leaving it overnight. 

Isn’t it😀

tbh I didn’t realise we set off that late as everyone was chatting away 

3 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Sent my claim in today for the cancelled 18-53

bit of a ball ache to do as had to register with a anti and then complete per ticket (had split tickets) so will see what happens.

something is better than nothing

Worth registering for automatic delay repay with Avanti (although it only seems to apply for delays and not cancellations judging by my experience this weekend)

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Cheers.  Remember using that one when they were building the multi story but forgotten about it.

The railway one used to be just a fiver per day on Saturday's and Sunday's but charge a flat daily rate now.

I've got history with those barriers.  Last year they wouldn't open when I put the ticket in.  A guy had to turn out, took him about 20 minutes to get there to open them.

Did the same trip for Reading the other week.  Again returned on the Sunday.  Paid for the car park and then the barrier just opened automatically when I drove to it.  At first thought have they installed ANPR, but they haven't.