Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

season tickets

just got back off holiday to find a questionaire from BWFC marketing board

as to why i`ve not renewed my season ticket, sales must be bad.

i wonder who the first nerd to bexter me will be :-k

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have heard from a very good source we have now sold 15,000, thats 25% down on last year, which i feel is very dissapointing,no wonder players dont want to sign and Sam keeps moaning about lack of support from the town.

i am one of these fans that have not renewed my ticket and i dont think i am to blame for bad support or the lack of good players at the bok ive been a season ticket holder for 14 seasons and not once have i seen my hard earned cash spent on quality and over the last 2 seasons the game has gone to pot and im pissed of with tw@ts in orange coats telling me to sit down. so your dissapointing feeling is caused by the club not by those who have finally had enough

i have heard from a very good source we have now sold 15,000, thats 25% down on last year, which i feel is very dissapointing,no wonder players dont want to sign and Sam keeps moaning about lack of support from the town.

i am one of these fans that have not renewed my ticket and i dont think i am to blame for bad support or the lack of good players at the bok ive been a season ticket holder for 14 seasons and not once have i seen my hard earned cash spent on quality and over the last 2 seasons the game has gone to pot and im pissed of with tw@ts in orange coats telling me to sit down. so your dissapointing feeling is caused by the club not by those who have finally had enough

No Quality?? Okocha, Djorkaeff, Speed, Diouf, Ben Haim, Faye, Stelios :-k

tight pussy bolton till i die through thick and thin =D> =D>

The past five years have been some of the best in wanderers history thats a bullshit excuse i can understand people not buying season tickets because players are overpaid and fans are ripped off but these years are great to be a bwfc fan and it could all end soon.

jay jay- magic in the first season and half been watching a waste of time and money sice then

youri- fair call hes a god

speedo - been good for the club but was too old when we got him and defo too old now

diouf- are you for real give me 40Gs a week and i can do what hes done

stelios-- for me been piss poor for the last 2 seasons

now 3.5 mil for deano you telling me that was cash well spent getting rid of eider because there was a profit to be made over the years theyve done it with plenty of good players TO,TOM,TOMO TOMO being another. we made a 10 mil bid at the start of the summer wheres that money gone??

STOP MOANING ALL YOU SOFT EASILY SWAYED FASHION VICTIM TWATS

AND IM NOT APOLOGISING FOR MY LANGUAGE

MARD ARSED FICKLE.... "ILL ONLY SUPPORT BOLTON WHEN ITS A DONE THING,LOAD OF TOSSERS"

RIGHT NOW IVE GOT YOUR ATTENTION ....

SUPPORTING BOLTON WANDERERS ISNT SOMETHING YOU CAN JUST PICK UP AND PLAY ABOUT WITH

FIRSTLY.....ITS A PRIVILEDGE NOT A RIGHT!............

SECONDLY.......YOU MAY BE BORN /OR AFFLICTED WITH IT,EITHER WAY,ONCE BIT YOUR PRETTY WELL FUCKED, IT WONT OR RATHER SHOULDNT BE TOYED WITH.

THIRDLY ... IT IS THE ALL AND EVERYTHING (NOT TRYING TO BE BIGGOTED, BUT IT MUST BE FIRST AND FOREMOST IN YOUR FOOTBALLING LIFE,IT SHOULD NEVER BE THOUGHT OR CONSIDERED SECOND BEST,NOTHING BUT NO 1 WILL DO)

FOURTHLY.. IT IS AN HONOUR THAT HAS TO BE EARNED,TO BE A TRUE BOLTON FAN,NOT BOUGHT,BORROWED OR STOLEN.

FIFTH..REMEMBER THE PAST..(YOU HAVE TO WALK BEFORE YOU CAN RUN,AND OUR JOURNEY IS ONLY IN ITS INFANCY, LETS ENJOY,OUR WALK TOGETHER)

I COULD GO ON FOR A LONG TIME, BUT THERE IS NO POINT, YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL YOUR OWN WAY,DONT GET ME WRONG BOLTON WANDERERS IS A BIG AND UP COMING CLUB TO ALL THE FASHION VICTIMS OUT THERE,THEY NEED A LABLE TO BE ATTACHED TO,AND MAYBE WE CAN CARRY A FEW,....BUT PASSION RATHER THAN FASHION IS WHAT WE ALWAYS NEED

KEEP THE FAITH AND ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

STOP MOANING ALL YOU SOFT EASILY SWAYED FASHION VICTIM TWATS

AND IM NOT APOLOGISING FOR MY LANGUAGE

MARD ARSED FICKLE.... "ILL ONLY SUPPORT BOLTON WHEN ITS A DONE THING,LOAD OF TOSSERS"

RIGHT NOW IVE GOT YOUR ATTENTION ....

SUPPORTING BOLTON WANDERERS ISNT SOMETHING YOU CAN JUST PICK UP AND PLAY ABOUT WITH  

FIRSTLY.....ITS A PRIVILEDGE NOT A RIGHT!............  

SECONDLY.......YOU MAY BE BORN /OR AFFLICTED WITH IT,EITHER WAY,ONCE BIT YOUR PRETTY WELL FUCKED, IT WONT OR RATHER SHOULDNT BE TOYED WITH.

THIRDLY ... IT IS THE ALL AND EVERYTHING (NOT TRYING TO BE BIGGOTED, BUT IT MUST BE FIRST AND FOREMOST IN YOUR FOOTBALLING LIFE,IT SHOULD NEVER BE THOUGHT OR CONSIDERED SECOND BEST,NOTHING BUT NO 1 WILL DO)

FOURTHLY.. IT IS AN HONOUR THAT HAS TO BE EARNED,TO BE A TRUE BOLTON FAN,NOT BOUGHT,BORROWED OR STOLEN.

FIFTH..REMEMBER THE PAST..(YOU HAVE TO WALK BEFORE YOU CAN RUN,AND OUR JOURNEY IS ONLY IN ITS INFANCY, LETS ENJOY,OUR WALK TOGETHER)

I COULD GO ON FOR A LONG TIME, BUT THERE IS NO POINT, YOU CANT HAVE IT ALL YOUR OWN WAY,DONT GET ME WRONG BOLTON WANDERERS IS A BIG AND UP COMING CLUB TO ALL THE FASHION VICTIMS OUT THERE,THEY NEED A LABLE TO BE ATTACHED TO,AND MAYBE WE CAN CARRY A FEW,....BUT PASSION RATHER THAN FASHION IS WHAT WE ALWAYS NEED

KEEP THE FAITH AND ONWARDS AND UPWARDS

Utter b??llocks.

Try again when you're sober.

spot on YTARMY im sick of these tossers who cant be arsed getting a season ticket, there part timers, how do you expect bwfc to acheive better things when part timers cant be arsed to get a season ticket just because we finish 6 - 8 in the league. the club have been spot on, lowest price st in the league its the fans letting this club down and its about time they realised it, or we will be back in the championship very soon!!!!

jay jay- magic in the first season and half been watching a waste of time and money sice then

youri- fair call hes a god

speedo - been good for the club but was too old when we got him and defo too old now

diouf- are you for real give me 40Gs a week and i can do what hes done

stelios-- for me been piss poor for the last 2 seasons

now 3.5 mil for deano you telling me that was cash well spent getting rid of eider because there was a profit to be made over the years theyve done it with plenty of good players TO,TOM,TOMO TOMO being another. we made a 10 mil bid at the start of the summer wheres that money gone??

But if you have been watching for 14 years how can you say that no quality has been brought to the club. The players mentioned are recognised throughout the football world as quality players. You perhaps dont realise how privileged you have been to see these players in the first 14 years of supporting BWFC.

We had to sell Eidur as at the time we were technically bankrupt. And if your read any quotes from BSA in the media (and there are many) you would know that he is waiting for the top class forward eg. Anelka, Saviola to become available to spend that 10 million.

There are many logical reasons for not buying a ST but criticising the quality brought to the club is not one of them. Those that run the club aren't perfect, but surely you can see they are doing their best to make BWFC successful?

• Moderators

I have it on good authority that we have sold 16,000 season tickets, which in my book is a fair effort.

I haven't bought one, I don't see why I should, it's not some sort of badge of honour. I was there when Aldershot beat us, I'll be there next time we play them. Rossendale White thinks I'm a tosser, however, I can spell even when I'm pissed so I'll take your opinion with a pinch of salt you utter fcuking mongtard. Thank you and goodnight.

• Members

Generally agree with the sentiments expressed by YTARMY. As far as I am concerned almost everyone on here is hardcore with the odd (very fookin odd) Preston based exception.

Lads like Carlos who were at Aldershot are the lifeblood of the club. We probably all are (and before anyone picks up on the Perth thing, I was a season ticket holder from 1970 until 1988, only moving overseas with the job broke the habit). From Perth I have still managed to attend around 30 games since then including aways at Swindon, Wolves, Tranmere, Oldham, Sunderland, Arsenal, Tottenham, Blackburn, Newcastle etc.

Bottom line is that many Bolton fans are (and always have been)moaning coonts. They get off on it. Just let em get on with it in forums like this but not, ever, at the matches. If they can't see these are the best times in living memory then they are either blind or stupid. ](*,)

Get Savlon and Soreen and we're top 6 material this season :D/ .

Surely one of the only reasons for people not renewing season tickets is they simply can't afford it, to blame lack of quality signings or the football we play to me is just a kop out , since Allardyce took over we've had nothing but good times, great players and moments of complete and utter magnificence, even when we lost those early relegation battles. Granted we've had match days of complete and utter shite but so do all teams. To be honest i think as a supporter we've been spoilt, Jay jay and the tricks we'ed never seen the like of before and it will probably be a long time before we do again, youri and the sight of thousands of fans bowing to his brilliance, campo strutting around the pitch like a matador, a young scouse lad coming through the ranks to slot in at the far post against man utd, these and as we all know many more moments are why we are bolton through and through. these are great times and the best times and i still think come the start of the season we'll hit the same crowds as last year, and those who haven't renewed and say they won't be going, will be back on the terrace before september it's in your blood. i'll be surprised if some keep away longer than the tottenham match.

(feck me i've just read this back and it's sound like a sunday morning church sermon , sod it i'll post anyway took me ages too type :D )

There's also the other factors why STs are not selling:

i) We all have less time on our hands than we used to have.

ii) You can't plan anything when the days & times of the games are all over the place. It used to be 3pm Sat - FOOTBALL. Not any more.

iii) ST prices may not have gone up but everything else has and it's how you justify an ST when council tax is now ??1k a year and energy has gone up 92% in three years.

iv) More games are now on TV so you can see your club via sky or dodgy satellite.

I think people will now pick and choose the games they go to rather than commit to a season ticket.

It's not about being hardcore, it's about doing what you can for your club.

Phew!!! :-k

I dont know how old your are but if you are old enough to remember the bad old days at burnden park, watching glorified sunday league football, in shocking conditions with toilets swamped with piss, watching bolton away when we did not win in london for eight years and hardly won a handful of away games for 10 years, loosing to shite like aldershot, to consider not watching the club because someone in a orange jacket tells you to sit down i find amazing and sad, as one of the lads who kept believing and supporting the club going through all the shit in 70s 80s, it really gets up my nose, that we as fans are going to throw away what this club, and its loyal hardcore of fans has achieved and our present status in the football world for relatively petty gripes.

remember when we went down in 1979, it took 17 years in the wilderness before we returned to the top division, if we go down again in may be even longer before we return, if ever.

ii) You can't plan anything when the days & times of the games are all over the place. It used to be 3pm Sat - FOOTBALL. Not any more.

iii) ST prices may not have gone up but everything else has and it's how you justify an ST when council tax is now ??1k a year and energy has gone up 92% in three years.

iv) More games are now on TV so you can see your club via sky or dodgy satellite.

I think people will now pick and choose the games they go to rather than commit to a season ticket.  

Phew!!!  :-k

Yep ok snackum i agree there are other factors why people can't renew ther season tickets ( of which i think the It's on TV one is shite and one i'd expect more from a teletext scum supporter) but my point was, to use the lack of quality players or the clubs apparent lack of ambition etc. why people won't renew is total bollox. As you say people will pick and choose and i think they will choose more than they don't.

I thought for the majority of last season that the stewards were a lot more restrained and chilled out. Its a pity some of the fans can't be. You stand when you need to and sit when you need to. The stewards will ask you to sit when you are stood up for no apparent reason. If you then decide - like many knobtards near me do - stand just to defy them (and I'm talking supposedly grown, responsible adults) - then you deserve to get pulled out. END OF.

As for not renewing your season ticket. I have no problems with people who haven't. Its the choice you make. I'm sure you've had ST's for many years in the past, and will more than likely have them again in the future. If this season you don't want to commit, then that's fine by me. Everyone has their own decision to make. For the record I have renewed again. And whilst I agree that the matchday experience is not what it was and that we don't seem to be attracting high calibre players to the club (this summer ONLY.... and so FAR).... the 11 lads who run out onto the pitch wearing the colours of Bolton Wanderers will get my full backing and support.... and yes, that does include me slagging them off when they are not pulling their weight..... like I will support and cheer them when they are performing to an expected level and above.

I'm experiencing the same financial hardships that everyone else is - energy bills and council tax are starting to get the better of my overdraft.... but where there is a will, there is a way.... and I'll be present as often as possible home and away next season.

C'MON YOU WHITES! ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL.

I thought for the majority of last season that the stewards were a lot more restrained and chilled out. Its a pity some of the fans can't be. You stand when you need to and sit when you need to. The stewards will ask you to sit when you are stood up for no apparent reason. If you then decide - like many knobtards near me do - stand just to defy them (and I'm talking supposedly grown, responsible adults) - then you deserve to get pulled out. END OF.

As for not renewing your season ticket. I have no problems with people who haven't. Its the choice you make. I'm sure you've had ST's for many years in the past, and will more than likely have them again in the future. If this season you don't want to commit, then that's fine by me. Everyone has their own decision to make. For the record I have renewed again. And whilst I agree that the matchday experience is not what it was and that we don't seem to be attracting high calibre players to the club (this summer ONLY.... and so FAR).... the 11 lads who run out onto the pitch wearing the colours of Bolton Wanderers will get my full backing and support.... and yes, that does include me slagging them off when they are not pulling their weight..... like I will support and cheer them when they are performing to an expected level and above.

I'm experiencing the same financial hardships that everyone else is - energy bills and council tax are starting to get the better of my overdraft.... but where there is a will, there is a way.... and I'll be present as often as possible home and away next season.

C'MON YOU WHITES! ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL.

=D>

Phew!!!  :-k

Yep ok snackum i agree there are other factors why people can't renew ther season tickets ( of which i think the It's on TV one is shite and one i'd expect more from a teletext scum supporter) but my point was, to use the lack of quality players or the clubs apparent lack of ambition etc. why people won't renew is total bollox. As you say people will pick and choose and i think they will choose more than they don't.

i have a season ticket, but if we play teams at stupid times AND the game is on telly i do think twice about going to the game even though i have already paid.

the stupid kick off times make travelling to games difficult especially mid week 99% of the time i do make the effort but if i did nt have a ticket i simply would nt bother and can not blame anyone who thinks fcuk it,

I dont know how old your are but if you are old enough to remember the bad old days at burnden park, watching glorified sunday league football, in shocking conditions with toilets swamped with piss, watching bolton away when we did not win in london for eight years and hardly won a handful of away games for 10 years, loosing to shite like aldershot, to consider not watching the club because someone in a orange jacket tells you to sit down i find amazing and sad, as one of the lads who kept believing and supporting the club going through all the shit in 70s 80s it really gets up my nose that we as fans are going to throw away what this club and its loyal hardcore of fans has achieved and our present status in the football world for relatively petty gripes.

remember when we went down in 1979, it took 17 years in the wilderness before we returned to the top division, if we go down again in may be even longer before we return, if ever.

yea i was watching the whites in the old 4th division and as i know how good it is to be a top flight club now i also know that since we went to the bok its not about the football anymore its more about the money id quite happily swap the next 30 seasons to stand on the terrace again and watch the whites play real football instead of paying ??40 a game and watching a load of over payed players spend 30 out of 90mins rolling around on the floor. and as for the stewards i grew up on the terrace and its not in my nature to sit and watch a game let alone pay 4and a half hundred quid for some some jumped up little kid to tell me hes gonna throw me out if i stand up again

I have renewed my ST for the 14th year.

I have just renewed my young daughter's ST for the second year.

I make a 70 mile trip to each home game.

Could I afford the ST's for us both.No not really.

But I found the ??600 quid cos I love watching football and more importantly will always be a BWFC fan through the good and the bad no matter what league we may be in at the start of each season.

I will not criticise any BWFC fan whether they maybe a season ticket holder,go to games on a game by game basis or sit and home and watch BWFC on the box.

At the end of the day each one of you are a BWFC fan and will respect that.

What frustrates me is that we never fill our ground when we have finished in the top 8 of one of the best leagues in the world for the last 3 years.

It is a privilege to take my daughter to see world class players like Henry,Gerrard,Lampard etc when I was brought up watching the likes of Tony Caldwell and George Oghani :-k

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.