Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Ambition!

White79

I know where you are coming from, but Sam won't - and shouldn't - buy a player to appease the fans. He'll get cheap filler in for the squad, but panic buy would be to spend ??9m on Angel, ??6m on Samaras etc etc. The Villa and City fans might've initially loved the fact they splashed out on a striker, but then the reality is you've blown a stack of money on shite.

I'll have to be honest here. Samaras looks a great prospect to me. 20/21 great in the air, fairly quick, got 6 or 7 goals for City in half a season. Looks a real starlet to me, and would be ideal with the way we play.

I'd have him at us for the ??6m that they paid, especially with us having failed to sign so many.

Time will tell.

I think Samaras is average, at best.

blackburn, spurs, charlton, pompey, newcastle, and boro will have better seasons than last time round. they have either new players or new management.

Our squad is currently weaker.

That gives us a bottom half finish in my book

Add Villa to that list. Major coup for them getting O'Neill IMO.

blackburn, spurs, charlton, pompey, newcastle, and boro will have better seasons than last time round. they have either new players or new management.

I'd say Blackburn, Spurs, Newcastle - yes.

Pompey - we'll see over the next couple of weeks.

Charlton and Boro haven't done much to worry me.

But, I'd add City to the list that should have a better season than last year and we'll be mid-table.

I'd say Blackburn, Spurs, Newcastle - yes.

Pompey - we'll see over the next couple of weeks.

Charlton and Boro haven't done much to worry me.

But, I'd add City to the list that should have a better season than last year and we'll be mid-table.

I expect Blackburn to be weaker given Bellamy has gone, he was their main man.

And Spurs wil do well to better fifth place.

Pompey, for all the bluster, have signed nobody of note in my opinion, Distin and James may improve them but they are hardly anything to fear, and City are out and out garbage!

At things stand regarding signings:

we'll finish behind

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man U

Liverpool

Spurs

Blackburn

Newcastle

City.

I reckon 9th is the best we can currently hope for.

I think without bellamy b'burn will rely very heavily on MGP as a source of both goals and creation!

At things stand regarding signings:

we'll finish behind

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man U

Liverpool

Spurs

Blackburn

Newcastle

City.

I reckon 9th is the best we can currently hope for.

Have to disagree with those 2.

IMO Blackburn will do sh1te next season.

Last season they did exceptionaly well for them because of 1 man... Bellamy.

I can't think of 1 team that relied on 1 player so much throughout the season, even Arsenal didn't rely on Henry that much.

I no that they have brought in 3 players to replace him, however:

-Jeffers is w@nk.

-Roberts in my opinion had a very good season last year but I think it was a 1 season wonder.

-And Benni McCarthy has the potential to be a very good striker but is unproven in the premiership.

Add to that the fact that they seem to be losing 2 of their best defenders and I really can't see them having a good season at all.

And City,

They are losing their best defender,

They haven't brought in anyone that would cause trouble for the opposing team,

And they are complete and utter sh1te!!

Relagation is looming. :D

IMO Blackburn will do sh1te next season.  

Last season they did exceptionaly well for them because of 1 man... Bellamy.  

I can't think of 1 team that relied on 1 player so much throughout the season, even Arsenal didn't rely on Henry that much.

Hmmm. Henry scored 26 goals last season. The next highest goalscorer got 6. Tell me again that Arsenal didn't rely on Henry.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.