Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Guthrie

bwfc_sue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lad is class, and by far our best midfielder at the moment.

I thought Campo had a poor game, and Speed and Nolan were average, however I did think Nolan had improved, and was impressed when he ran 40 yards to turn a goal kick for them into a throw in in a difficult position. Hopefully Nolans goal will give him confidence and he can get his form back.

Bring on Munich!!

Edited by Eddie

Agreed, I thought Guthrie was spot on today. Very energetic, intelligent, always looking for space.

Would have had an assist if Davo had kept his header down too.

Did well , a bit lucky to not get a yellow card, if hes got a weakness its thst 2 footed tackle , hes got to cut that out but apart from that he will do for me :yahoo:

• Moderators
Did well , a bit lucky to not get a yellow card, if hes got a weakness its thst 2 footed tackle , hes got to cut that out but apart from that he will do for me :yahoo:

could point taht at at least 3 of theirs

inconsistency of refs is staggering

the foul on hunt

the abuse of walton by bowyer spring to mind

The pass to davies for his header was brilliant and he played great allround. We should try and buy the lad in January without doubt.

But how much will Liverpool want? Will they sell and does he want to stay at Bolton? If the lad thinks he can get into the Liverpool side he'll leave. Megson may have his work cut out convincing the lad to stay with us. Then there's Man City and Arsenal. I think we'd best keep quite about the lad. Tell Liverpool he's crap and hopefully get him on the cheap :::::lol:::::.

from what LSL said at the start of the season liverpool have no intention of selling him

but why not??? he will get nowhere near the liverpool first team with benitez in charge.

very good addition if we could sign him.

But how much will Liverpool want? Will they sell and does he want to stay at Bolton? If the lad thinks he can get into the Liverpool side he'll leave. Megson may have his work cut out convincing the lad to stay with us. Then there's Man City and Arsenal. I think we'd best keep quite about the lad. Tell Liverpool he's crap and hopefully get him on the cheap ::::::lol::::::.

WTF Have they got to do with it?

WTF Have they got to do with it?

Tylswhite. They've got money and will pay a higher transfer fee if they think he's any good. Which would rule us out of the competition. That's what the reality of the situation.Fortunately or unfortunately he won't be able to play agianst Liverpool. So Benitez will have to watch one of our matches to see what he's like.

Arsenal certainly dont need Gutherie and City dont sign english players so we can rule them out of the running!!

Saying that im sure benitez doesnt like english players so surely we can sign him!!!!

Edited by Boothy

• Moderators
Guthrie is looking goood but he cant tackle or he can but goes about it the wrong way!!

If he lunges in like that in Europe then he would be sent off.

Good player though would like to see him signed up.

two words

steven

gerrard

but to be fair, two other words,

england

liverpool

• Site Supporter
two words

steven

gerrard

but to be fair, two other words,

england

liverpool

Guthrie reminds me a lot of Gerrard. Especially when hes running with the ball. Should try to get him on the ball around the edge of the box and let the bugger run.

The lad is class, and by far our best midfielder at the moment.

I thought Campo had a poor game, and Speed and Nolan were average, however I did think Nolan had improved, and was impressed when he ran 40 yards to turn a goal kick for them into a throw in in a difficult position. Hopefully Nolans goal will give him confidence and he can get his form back.

Bring on Munich!!

Agree on Guthrie.

But for me Campo, Nolan and Speed were excellent yesterday. West Ham midfield didnt have a sniff after 1st 20 minutes

Agree on Guthrie.

But for me Campo, Nolan and Speed were excellent yesterday. West Ham midfield didnt have a sniff after 1st 20 minutes

Sorry cant agree with you on Speed , I didn't think he was in the game at all , well of the pace passing was dreadful and hardly got a tackle in all game

Sorry cant agree with you on Speed , I didn't think he was in the game at all , well of the pace passing was dreadful and hardly got a tackle in all game

Agree totally, speedo was well off the pace. Id drop him put Guthrie centre and give stelios a chance out wide.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.