Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson

• Members
We bossed the game but you're happy with a point?

A big fat yes. I'd have settled for that before the game. Beat Middlesbrough at home and we'll be on the road to mid table mediocrity. Hopefully, that will cheer you up yer miserable fooker ;)

Beat Middlesbrough at home and we'll be on the road to mid table mediocrity.

If we can beat teams at home then i agree that any points we pick up away from home are valuable, but with Man Utd and Liverpool coming up, we may have missed an opportunity (against a pretty ordinary West Ham team) to put some serious pressure on the teams around us.

I think he has made a good start.

I am not liking his 8-1-1 nonsense, but he needs to pick up points, now is not the time to try and be pretty.

As I said in another thread, he seems to be able to change things mid game. West Ham were all over us for the first 20, we then seemed to change a little, and eventually, went more 4-4-2 with Diouf going up with Kev D.

I said he should be backed despite what we thought about the appointment, that stands.

Maybe, just maybe PG will be right and you can all appologise for the vicious comments to one of the best chairmen in the Prem

• Members
Maybe, just maybe PG will be right and you can all appologise for the vicious comments to one of the best chairmen in the Prem

Hold on a minute matey. We are all behind Megson and hope he saves us from relegation. One of the best chairman in the Prem went out on a limb and bigged up Sammy Lee to a ridiculous extent and then appoints a manager who most of us see as an 'uninspiring and unambitious' appointment which I would tend to agree with.

Thanks to the tremendous success of your hero BSA, we had come to think of ourselves as a top 8 club and, as such, expected a more high profile managerial appointment. Just so you know - I still do.

I am sorry Trotter58 but you are an idiot. We played well yesterday and more than deserved a point. A few weeks ago we would have lost that game. We are looking more rigid and organised again. If we continue to play in that vein we will start to pick up more points. And one more thing, we would have got the 3 points if the Elk had been fit. That I have no doubt about.

I am sorry Trotter58 but you are an idiot. We played well yesterday and more than deserved a point. A few weeks ago we would have lost that game. We are looking more rigid and organised again. If we continue to play in that vein we will start to pick up more points. And one more thing, we would have got the 3 points if the Elk had been fit. That I have no doubt about.

I didn't dispute the fact that we deserved a point. I actually thought we deserved all three. I also said that Anelka would have buried the chance that Davies missed, so i'm not actually sure which part of what i said you're disagreeing with.

Not a bad start. But I'm reserving judgement til we actually start WINNING games, we were playing some good football under Lee but results matter.

Megson comes across as a decent bloke - hope he keeps it up.

Fat Phil got lucky with the Allardyce appointment, maybe he'll manage it again.

I didn't dispute the fact that we deserved a point. I actually thought we deserved all three. I also said that Anelka would have buried the chance that Davies missed, so i'm not actually sure which part of what i said you're disagreeing with.

not sure about the elk scoring that davies chance heading isnt his strong point

• Members

Anelka put a very similar chance away v Rabotnicki in the home leg. Not knocking KD though. A few more with his heart and commitment and we would be a good few places higher up the table right now.

• Site Supporter

nether am i, jolly your posts range from megson final nail in coffin to best manager on earth (almost) so wether you agree with t58 or not, at least his opinions are consistent unlike yours which are in-consistent which makes you the idiot sir.

• Site Supporter

i dont believe davies is really all that good in the air. yes he has a good strong leap, but he stuggles to get headers on target.

nether am i, jolly your posts range from megson final nail in coffin to best manager on earth (almost) so wether you agree with t58 or not, at least his opinions are consistent unlike yours which are in-consistent which makes you the idiot sir.

I was not happy with the appointment of Megson like the MAJORITY of BWFC fans but I have said in other poste we have got to get behind him.

Edited by jolly-olly

Guest Wanderersfan2001

It was nice to hear our fans chanting his name when we went 1-0 tonight, we do have to give him a chnace and get behind him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.