Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

We Are All Sponsoring Newcastle United!

trotter58

Good point made just now by Danny Kelly on TalkSport. The Government has nationalised Northern Rock using tax payers money and one of the liabilities they have taken on is the sponsorship money currently being paid to Newcastle United! So that means you and i and every other tax payer, are now contributing to their funding! Does that give us a say in the running of the club? If so... KEEGAN OOT!!!

Edited by trotter58

Good point made just now by Danny Kelly on TalkSport. The Government has nationalised Northern Rock using tax payers money and one of the liabilities they have taken on is the sponsorship money currently being paid to Newcastle United! So that means you and i and every other tax payer, are now contributing to their funding! Does that give us a say in the running of the club? If so... KEEGAN OOT!!!

No Keegan In, he'll relegate them.

Northern Rock do not pay any money to Newcastle United.

The deal was a one-off lump sum at the start of the agreement. This was paid by the "old" Northern Rock and will not be coming from the public purse.

Once again, I'll apologise for letting facts ruin another good conspiracy theory.

PS It must however be noted that NR only ran into financial difficulties at the same time FSA moved up there.

Taxpayer -> Northern Rock -> Newcastle United = bad

Taxpayer -> Northern Rock -> Newcastle United -> Brown Envelope -> You know who = much worse.

Be thankful that Gordon Brown is as financially astute and quick off the mark as Phil Gartside otherwise this would have happened in October.

HA HA HA - post of the week :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.