Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gurkas

mc.google

should they stay or not ,should they have the same entitlements of the british army

YES .and why because they fought for this country.my grandad fought with the gurkas in burma and said they are the greatest bunch of men he had ever met.he also told me that they played cards for japs ears as they were payed for producing a set of ears as proof of there kill (could be an old grandad tale to his grandson)

should they stay or not ,should they have the same entitlements of the british army

YES .and why because they fought for this country.my grandad fought with the gurkas in burma and said they are the greatest bunch of men he had ever met.he also told me that they played cards for japs ears as they were payed for producing a set of ears as proof of there kill (could be an old grandad tale to his grandson)

ears or eyes

Just to play devil's advocate - they are aware when they join up that they can't stay aren't they?

spelt it wrong as well its GURKHAS.maybe so but wed your cousin and bring your wife and her parents over and live off us all .or leave your parents wife and kids and fight for a country thousands of miles away then to be told go home is poor

leave your parents wife and kids and fight for a country thousands of miles away then to be told go home is poor

Following on from Mick, and playing Devils advocate: They didn't do it free of charge though did they, they got paid what they believed was a fair rate., and knew they would have to return home after fighting. If they didn't like the rules, they shouldn't have joined.

Following on from Mick, and playing Devils advocate: They didn't do it free of charge though did they, they got paid what they believed was a fair rate., and knew they would have to return home after fighting. If they didn't like the rules, they shouldn't have joined.

or alternativly, despite the fact that knew they may get treated like outcasts at the end of their service they still signed up and fought for the country.

surely if any group of people have 'earned' the right to live here they have.

as they now get full pension rights (thanks to the labour g'ment !!) they can also pay their way, so why not have them here ?

Edited by Ani

They could of course climb into the back of a lorry in France and when discovered claim political asylum! We would then give them everything they need including housing.

Of course they should be allowed in and we should send back two Iraqis for every Ghurka who comes in. These are the same Iraqis who fled Sadam and perhaps someone should tel them he's dead now and its safe to back

My opinion hasn't changed since we last discussed this.

http://www.wanderersways.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45079

At the time I said:

"Bottom line is this: our shitty govt thinks it's OK for this brave race to put their lives on the line for us, but they can't live here.

Gordon Brown and your cronies: you are a shower of shit. "

I stand by that.

And I was right about Brown & co.

One of the hardest countries in the world to get citizenship is USA. However, if you serve in the military here for 12 months, especially now as the US is still technically at war, all red tape is lifted. There are 60,000 'foreigners' in the US Forces at the moment. They are recognised for what they have done.

Having served with the Gurkhas, I for one agree with the courts, and IMO they should stay.

Ayo Gurkhali !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.