Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Scottish Premier League

• Site Supporter

Can anyone explain to me why a line appears halfway down the table every February, and the subsequent points system after that.

There's a few sweaties on here who should be able to enlighten me.

It looks even more complicated than the Rugby League.

Thanks,Alf

After 33 games the league splits into 2 halves.

The top 6 all play each other one more time, the bottom 6 play each other one more time.

If you're in the top 6 after 33 games, the lowest you can finish is 6th, even though the team in 7th might end up with more points!

• Site Supporter
After 33 games the league splits into 2 halves.

The top 6 all play each other one more time, the bottom 6 play each other one more time.

If you're in the top 6 after 33 games, the lowest you can finish is 6th, even though the team in 7th might end up with more points!

i thought it was something like that,but i've noticed last week top half playing bottom half

is that just fulfilling fixtures then

i thought it was something like that,but i've noticed last week top half playing bottom half

is that just fulfilling fixtures then

They've only played 27 games so far. The split comes in 6 games time.

• Site Supporter

ok cheers,will keep my eye on it this year,always watched for Aberdeen but don't know why.

think it's because they are the only club who have challenged in my lifetime

and i refuse to support one of the big 2

long live the underdog

It is a flawed system.

Rangers had to go to Pittodrie 3 times last season. Celtic may have to go to Fir Park 3 times this time.

No one knows when the Final Old Firm game will be yet, so unable to book trains/hotels.

It is a flawed system.

Rangers had to go to Pittodrie 3 times last season. Celtic may have to go to Fir Park 3 times this time.

No one knows when the Final Old Firm game will be yet, so unable to book trains/hotels.

Didn't Celtic end up with easier games last time? And got Rangers at home - which is a major advantage.

• Moderators

what happens if theres afixture backlog

does everybody have to wait til small teams have played the same number of games

anyway, ridiculous

as for booking trains!

if you need to cross national boundfaries, youre supporting the wrong team

In theory, the 6th placed team could be above the 7th placed team on just goal difference after 33 games.

The 7th placed team could then go on to beat the 5 teams below them, whilst the 6th placed team could lose to the 5 teams above them.

Then 6th place would have 15 points (and probably an inferior goal difference) less than the team below them.

Didn't Celtic end up with easier games last time? And got Rangers at home - which is a major advantage.

There's always 2 Old Firm games at each venue so long as they both finish in the top 6.

It confuses the feck out of me to be honest. The problems occur when a team gets in the top 6, who isn't expected to.

It's a stupid system and I've no idea why they dreamt it up.

There's always 2 Old Firm games at each venue so long as they both finish in the top 6.

It confuses the feck out of me to be honest. The problems occur when a team gets in the top 6, who isn't expected to.

It's a stupid system and I've no idea why they dreamt it up.

It's a total pop and crisp league embarrassment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.