Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson

As I've said before, Megson is the best manager we could have on our limited budget and ambition.

So we sack Megson...who do we get? Owen Coyle? Phil Brown? Nigel Pearson? They are all half-decent managers but none of them have kept a team in the Premiership. Megson has. More than once.

Get behind him or fook off, we need Megson more than we need the anti-Megson fools. I'd rather see 10000 in the ground supporting the manager than 20000 with half of them hurling abuse at him.

None of them have kept a team in the Premiership - well apart from Sunbed (whoms fate will probably be decided on Saturday) the others have not actually been in the Premiership ever as a manager sho how can you comment like that???? Or do you have fore-knowledge?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
Four attempts at mediocre, none right

Picking up on grammar is gay... but it did make me laugh

I thought you were building up to a joke when I first read it

in my defence, i cut and pasted it, as it origionally said average.

so there :p

AND its spelling not grammar. did you not go to school or sommit?

Edited by HomerJay

None of them have kept a team in the Premiership - well apart from Sunbed (whoms fate will probably be decided on Saturday) the others have not actually been in the Premiership ever as a manager sho how can you comment like that???? Or do you have fore-knowledge?

Er, that's the point my Dutch friend. They haven't managed in the Premiership so they would be a huge risk.

Er, that's the point my Dutch friend. They haven't managed in the Premiership so they would be a huge risk.

Neither had Guus Hiddinck, Fergie, Arsen Wenger, Moyes, Allardyce (at Bolton) - just to name a few when they first joined their respective teams - so were they a huge risk as well?

As I've said before, Megson is the best manager we could have on our limited budget and ambition.

So we sack Megson...who do we get? Owen Coyle? Phil Brown? Nigel Pearson? They are all half-decent managers but none of them have kept a team in the Premiership. Megson has. More than once.

Get behind him or fook off, we need Megson more than we need the anti-Megson fools. I'd rather see 10000 in the ground supporting the manager than 20000 with half of them hurling abuse at him.

I'd rather see the other 10,000 back because of the 20 of us who got season tickets in 1997 there are only 4 left!

Neither had Guus Hiddinck, Fergie, Arsen Wenger, Moyes, Allardyce (at Bolton) - just to name a few when they first joined their respective teams - so were they a huge risk as well?

Hiddink, Wenger and Fergie had all won stuff outside England even though you could say fergie was a gamble that nearly didn't pay off. Moyes was a big gamble and it worked for Everton given time. Allardyce joined a team in the Championship so doesn't fit into you comparison

Hiddink, Wenger and Fergie had all won stuff outside England even though you could say fergie was a gamble that nearly didn't pay off. Moyes was a big gamble and it worked for Everton given time. Allardyce joined a team in the Championship so doesn't fit into you comparison

But none of them had managed a team in the PREMIERSHIP before coming over to join or getting promotion with respective clubs - so yes it does fit into the profile.

But none of them had managed a team in the PREMIERSHIP before coming over to join or getting promotion with respective clubs - so yes it does fit into the profile.

Coyle et al have'nt even managed at a level similar to the prem the 3 you mentioned have all won major trophies before coming to the prem

Coyle et al have'nt even managed at a level similar to the prem the 3 you mentioned have all won major trophies before coming to the prem

But as everyone keeps saying the PL is a different animal to that on the mainland continent - so a big gamble!

So Guus Hiddink was a big gamble? Give over will you!

Ok, explain as to why he was not a big gamble considering he has NEVER managed a team in the Premiership and the game played in the Premiership is a different style to many successful, and not, teams on the mainland.

Ok, explain as to why he was not a big gamble considering he has NEVER managed a team in the Premiership and the game played in the Premiership is a different style to many successful, and not, teams on the mainland.

He had a track record of being motivator & a decent tactician, as well as having previous experience of a high pressure managerial role, all of which which Chelsea needed. One doesn't have to have been actually managed in the EPL to understand the level required. He's managed more than one country, please don't tell me that isn't a high a pressure job then the Championship.

P.S. You don't seem to have replied to Widnes offer. If you come on here giving it the billy bigbollocks, then a - don't expect flak & b - please don't then ignore the issue.

He had a track record of being motivator & a decent tactician, as well as having previous experience of a high pressure managerial role, all of which which Chelsea needed. One doesn't have to have been actually managed in the EPL to understand the level required. He's managed more than one country, please don't tell me that isn't a high a pressure job then the Championship.

P.S. You don't seem to have replied to Widnes offer. If you come on here giving it the billy bigbollocks, then a - don't expect flak & b - please don't then ignore the issue.

All that as maybe (fantastic pedigree which even I agree with) but completely all unproven in the Premiership. For all we know he could have fallen flat on his face with managing a PL team.

There again, kicked out of CL, not won every game and FA Cup final which they could either win or lose.

He has managed to do well, but he was still a big gamble (retrospect is always a good thing, isn't it!)

All that as maybe (fantastic pedigree which even I agree with) but completely all unproven in the Premiership. For all we know he could have fallen flat on his face with managing a PL team.

There again, kicked out of CL, not won every game and FA Cup final which they could either win or lose.

He has managed to do well, but he was still a big gamble (retrospect is always a good thing, isn't it!)

Any new employee is a gamble of some sort, in any business at any level, but big? No, he wasn't.

Hiddink - proven world class manager, no gamble there.

Fergie - Won many titles in Scotland's top division with a team not Rangers or Celtic (good achievement even though hes a cunt)

Wenger - 50/50 on this one, had success previously but it was a calculated risk more than a gamble imo

Moyes - A gamble that paid off

Allardyce - N/A. Started in championship and was given TIME to build up his empire.

Any manager available for us to get would be a bigger risk than keeping Megson imo. He deserves next season at least to see if he can push on.

Hiddink - proven world class manager, no gamble there.

Fergie - Won many titles in Scotland's top division with a team not Rangers or Celtic (good achievement even though hes a cunt)

Wenger - 50/50 on this one, had success previously but it was a calculated risk more than a gamble imo

Moyes - A gamble that paid off

Allardyce - N/A. Started in championship and was given TIME to build up his empire. - promotion in his 2nd season - so how much time did he need to go from the lower half of the Division 1 to promotion? (sorry for next bit as I know I will get flack) whilst a certain other person in just under 2 seasons has only moved us up 3 places (so far) - again not looking for Europe or top5 fginish but a top half finish and possibly a top 10 finish would have been good enough!

Any manager available for us to get would be a bigger risk than keeping Megson imo. He deserves next season at least to see if he can push on.

The championship is a different world to the premiership and lets face it we were a top 2 or 3 side in that division who were under achieving. Allardyce got us organised and back up the league where we belonged, that was the easy bit and that bought him the time he needed. What he did in the premiership was fantastic but he did so off the foundations which he built in the championship and the first couple of seasons in the premiership, had he got us relegated straight away he wouldnt of got slated because he got us promoted to start with.

So what im saying is if Megson had come in when we were in the championship and got us promoted and done like we have this season he wouldnt have got slated like he is now.

:rofl: Right, this gimp is definitely

a) a wind up

or

B) on a wind up

C'mon, we know, from experience, that bankers can't add up!

Dutch Whites,

For crying out loud why can't you leave the Megson thing alone.

He had no right to keep us in the league last season (5 points in October when he came).

He has more than earned the chance next season to keep us improving (even if the improvement is not quick enough for you).

Changing manager now in my opinion could have us relegated next season. Why take the risk?

:rofl: Right, this gimp is definitely

a) a wind up

or

B) on a wind up

OKIE DOAKIE - NOT REALLY CONCENTRATING ON THIS SITE TODAY AS I AM ALSO DOING MY OWN WORK, AS OUT OF A TEAM OF SIX THERE IS JUST ME!!! SO APOLOGIES FOR LOOKING THICK ON THAT - D'OH STUPID ME!

ALSO APOLOGIES FOR THE MANY SPELLING MISTAKES TODAY AS WELL

ALSO MAKING SOME STUPID ERRORS AT WORK AS WELL :-(

:(

Edited by DutchWhites

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.