Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Amsterdam

Hello again handsome. If I have said something to offend you, please tell me. Don't keep me guessing :D

FYI - I have stayed in the Dam many times. Brother and sister in law worked at the Okura for years. Didn't find out I was a nobody but, thankfully, a dutch banker has now enlightened me (rhyming slang intended) :rofl:

Never got ripped off anywhere - probably thanks to the local knowledge of the people I was with. Johnnys Bar in Volendam; Purmerend main street; Zaandam etc - had some great times in Amsterdam and surrounding places.

I can only assume these unwarranted attacks on myself are because I touched a nerve somewhere? Are you really a transvestite?

You are so easy to wind up its unbelievable skippy!

Every post you make you become even more of an arse especially as you are directing you perverse anger at the wrong person!

If you just ever bothered to look at my profile you would realise that amosc is not me! I don't even look like him :rofl:

btw to get to Pumerend, did you go through Overwhere?

Edited by DutchWhites

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hotels and hostels I have already covered on Page 1 of this thread.

Restuarants and Bars

Bars.....

My favourite waterholes are:

1. Aran Bar on Max Euweplein (nr Leidseplein). Irish Bar with Murphy's Guinness, Wickse Witte and Heineken on tap plus other beers in bottles

2. Rock In Roll Out - Leidseplein - Heineken on tap only but rock music (from light to heavy) all day long from the "jukebox"

3. De Zotte - just behind Leidseplein. Belgian Bar with over 100 different beers

4. Coco's Outback Bar on Rembrandtplein - Australian theme bar with normal beers on tap and many Australian beers in bottles

5. Murphy's (behind the Royal Palace just off Dam and across road from an Albert Heijn supermarket) - Irish theme, again, but has Stella and other decent beers on tap!

6. Gollem - two places (Spui and De Pijp). Belgian BAr with over 250 beers. Try the Kwak sweet but highly addictive beer.

7. Satellite Sports Cafe/Pancake Corner - Leidseplein. Great women serving beer!!! :good: http://www.satellitesportscafe.nl ALSO Pint is only ?3.90 and not the average ?5 like at most other places.

8. The Last Waterhole - Leidseplein - live bands, pool tables and different mix of Dutch and other beers (happy hour between 5pm and 7pm!)

Clubs:

Melkweg, just off Leidesplein

The Royalty - a cheesy pop music club - just off Leidseplein

Paradiso - just off Leidseplein

Restaurants:

There are numerous restaurants, each unique and of varying character and flavour, and most congregate around the squares of Leidseplein and Rembrandtplein.

Chain Restaurants as well such as Gauch Grill (3 in city centre), Hard Rock Cafe, Waggamamma

Fast Food - usual culprits as well as Febo and Smullers. Febo has to be tried for something completely different in fast food! :roll:

My favourite restaurant are:

Fifteen (Jamie Oliver's place) about 10 minutes walk away from Centraal Station

Bazaar in De Pijp area - North African/Med food

Italian Restaurant on Beethovenstraat

Greek Restaurant just behind the hideous Gothic Church near Centraal Station

Ethiopian Restaurant - about 10 minutes away - south from Leidseplein (by foot)

King ??? (can never remember the other name )- Chinese restaurant just south of the RLD (near Neiuwe Kerk)

Taj Mahal - Indian restuarnt on Heinekenplein (just behind the Heineken Experience)

And a brand new restaurant (don't know name) just across the road from the Aran Bar.

Edited by DutchWhites

That's great

Thanks, Dutch, I'm raring to go!

BTW, will I have your escrted tour?

BTW2; where do you sit at The Reebok?

Cheers v much

BD

That's great

Thanks, Dutch, I'm raring to go!

BTW, will I have your escrted tour?

BTW2; where do you sit at The Reebok?

Cheers v much

BD

I used to have ST in the Upper West Stand, very close to the old(ish) twins.

Normally at work during the week and at weeknds tend to spend a lot of time with mates around a-dam, or hoorn or utrecht or groningen or zandaam or haarlem

Edited by DutchWhites

Normally at work during the week and at weeknds tend to spend a lot of time with mates around a-dam, or hoorn or utrecht or groningen or zandaam or haarlem

Sorry don't know the oldish twins; whereabouts is that? MM way on?

BTW

It'll be a weekend, so where best to catch the match?

BTW

It'll be a weekend, so where best to catch the match?

Seat was MM35

For the footie (although only 2 weeks left of this eason! :blink: ) either coco's on Rembrandtplein (my normal place) or Satellite Sports Cafe (they seem to have Bolton every week, including close of season!!!)

• Moderators
Seat was MM35

For the footie (although only 2 weeks left of this eason! :blink: ) either coco's on Rembrandtplein (my normal place) or Satellite Sports Cafe (they seem to have Bolton every week, including close of season!!!)

I thought it was MM25?

Seat was MM35

Thanks, helpful, as ever.

BTW that amosc99 (or whatever he is called), used to have a ST, very close to where you used to sit. That bastard seems to follow you everywhere; a personal Sharples/Bolton/Amsterdam stalker. My advice; watch out for him.

"I had to give up my season ticket when I moved over to Amsterdam, but as I now pick and choose which games I go to I am still amazed that i can still get my normal seat (MM25 and MM26 - Upper West Stand). If there is supposedly the support for season tickets then how come after 2 years my seat has not yet been given to a new ST holder. "

Thanks, helpful, as ever.

BTW that amosc99 (or whatever he is called), used to have a ST, very close to where you used to sit. That bastard seems to follow you everywhere; a personal Sharples/Bolton/Amsterdam stalker. My advice; watch out for him.

"I had to give up my season ticket when I moved over to Amsterdam, but as I now pick and choose which games I go to I am still amazed that i can still get my normal seat (MM25 and MM26 - Upper West Stand). If there is supposedly the support for season tickets then how come after 2 years my seat has not yet been given to a new ST holder. "

Never actually saw anyone sat in those seats as I remember those were normally filled by the catering kids - who made so much noise just talking and not watching the match - it used to infuriate me!

There again it has been a while since I was a ST holder - about 5 years ago was the last time! Otherwise been picking and choosing matches and not always sat in the same seat.

Edited by DutchWhites

Guest Firthy
Never actually saw anyone sat in those seats as I remember those were normally filled by the catering kids - who made so much noise just talking and not watching the match - it used to infuriate me!

There again it has been a while since I was a ST holder - about 5 years ago was the last time! Otherwise been picking and choosing matches and not always sat in the same seat.

You're a lying bastard. You've already admitted as much. Get a life.

Since you moved to "A-Dam"? (getting ITK now!)

I'm not sure who's getting me down more, Dutch for thinking he can use bandwidth like it's going out of fashion on dirge or BD for encouraging him!

Hint taken, playtime over.

• Members
You are so easy to wind up its unbelievable skippy!

Every post you make you become even more of an arse especially as you are directing you perverse anger at the wrong person!

If you just ever bothered to look at my profile you would realise that amosc is not me! I don't even look like him :rofl:

btw to get to Pumerend, did you go through Overwhere?

Oh dear. He called me Skippy. His savagery knows no bounds :roll:

As far as Amosc the cross dresser is concerned, methinks he doth protest too much m'lud. Like anyone would believe a photo on a serial liars profile was actually him. I refuse to check but I'll bet it's Mrs. Doubtfire or Danny La Rue. Am I getting warm?

Now which seat was it again? 33 or 25?

Overwhere? It was 1985 matey. I can't feckin remember every little hamlet we went through. I was p1ssed anyway :D

As far as Amosc the cross dresser is concerned, methinks he doth protest too much m'lud. Like anyone would believe a photo on a serial liars profile was actually him. I refuse to check but I'll bet it's Mrs. Doubtfire or Danny La Rue. Am I getting warm?

Now which seat was it again? 33 or 25?

Overwhere? It was 1985 matey. I can't feckin remember every little hamlet we went through. I was p1ssed anyway :D

BTW, I clicked on that linked you provided and guess what - you either made it all up or you are a feckin idiot of a liar (just like Firthy) as there is nothing there!!!!

You keep calling me amosc and that is your perogative to do so, although you only keep making an arse of yourself by doing so as your totally incorrect, so I would like to say one thing - prove that I am amosc! (that is if you can!)

If you cannot, then leave this forum forever! - go on prove it!

Now which seat was it again? 33 or 25? you really are a feckin idiot - arn't you! Cant even read that I said MM35!!! Once again prove it - if not then leave this forum!

Edited by DutchWhites

BTW, I clicked on that linked you provided and guess what - you either made it all up or you are a feckin idiot of a liar (just like Firthy) as there is nothing there!!!!

You keep calling me amosc and that is your perogative to do so, although you only keep making an arse of yourself by doing so as your totally incorrect, so I would like to say one thing - prove that I am amosc! (that is if you can!)

If you cannot, then leave this forum forever! - go on prove it!

Why doesn't someone just ban this c?nt ?

What was this thread about again? :huh:

Hijacked by Bolty who thinks he is the high almighty and thinks he can feckin have a go at an innocent person for no feckin reason - the sooner that bastard leaves this site the better this site will be.

He is probably a red in disguise! (wouldn't surprise me)

He follows me like a bad smell - where ever I post he then posts stupid reamrks thinking I am this amos bastard. He is a freakin stalker - as I say this site is better off without him so he can stalk no one again !

Edited by DutchWhites