Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Closes In On Transfer Target

I think it has got to be Sean Davies, he will be available on free, all the others will command a fee, Eddie davies doesnt want us to "buy anyone until later in in the summer

From Evenin news

?I went across to the Isle of Man to talk to Eddie and had a day or so with him, and we just talked about what we need to do,? he said. ?I don?t want us diving in too quickly because at the beginning of the window money talks and it?s a sellers? market.

?I want us to hold our nerve a little bit knowing we do want to bring players in but just to let this season dissipate and then, towards the start of next season, start to bring players in when it becomes apparent to the selling clubs that they are not going to get the prices they want.?

Problem with holding our nerve is the gamble that the players we are after will also be a target for a lot of the other clubs with a similar transfer budget to us.

By the time we get to 'the right part of the summer to spend' all our targets may have been snapped up by clubs that splash the cash early doors.

We need to mix it up and spend the cash at the right time when the players we want are on the transfer radar.

Problem with holding our nerve is the gamble that the players we are after will also be a target for a lot of the other clubs with a similar transfer budget to us.

By the time we get to 'the right part of the summer to spend' all our targets may have been snapped up by clubs that splash the cash early doors.

We need to mix it up and spend the cash at the right time when the players we want are on the transfer radar.

But, who, in our league, will have money to spend?

Everton; yes

Fulham; not known

West Ham; unlikely

Blackburn; sames as us?

Sunderland; apparently so

Villa; yes

Portsmouth; unlikely

Promoted teams; not a lot (?)

Hull; same as us?

City; not our league? Some bargains to be had from their cast-offs?

Not a lot of money around, perhaps?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.