Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Gudjohnson Return ?

The reports referred to on goal.com were from Tribal :rofl:

So it's a chinese whisper* of a chinese whisper* then.

*Nowt against the chinese like as every chinese person I've spoken to has always spoke aloud.

He has said before he would love to come back to Bolton one day, but I doubt we would pay the wages the likes of West Ham and Spurs would pay him.

Why won't we? we paid Anelka 70k a week, Gudjohnsen surely will not command more than that, what is it with us bolton fans we are forever doubting, I will spell it out, we are in a strong position to match most club outside the top4 or City as our squad is very trim, look at the big earners we have shed campo 20-30k a week, stelios 30 k a week Anelka 70k a week, Nolan 30k a week, should give us plenty of spare cash to work with.I addition to that west ham are in a poor financial state and Spurs have millions of players they need to offload before they bring in new blood.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

[/b]

Why won't we? we paid Anelka 70k a week, Gudjohnsen surely will not command more than that, what is it with us bolton fans we are forever doubting, I will spell it out, we are in a strong position to match most club outside the top4 or City as our squad is very trim, look at the big earners we have shed campo 20-30k a week, stelios 30 k a week Anelka 70k a week, Nolan 30k a week, should give us plenty of spare cash to work with.I addition to that west ham are in a poor financial state and Spurs have millions of players they need to offload before they bring in new blood.

I'd love Eidur back, but more than anything else, we need a bit of pace up front which he doesn't provide.

[/b]

I'm sure the clubs finances are a bit more complicated than that, Kipper!

And he wouldn't come anyway, we're mid-table (at best) and the bright lights of London will always win.

[/b]

If that is true, then there's a bloody big hole in the clubs finances somewhere, with the way our debt has increased over the same period.

If that is true, then there's a bloody big hole in the clubs finances somewhere, with the way our debt has increased over the same period.

When we left Burnden and built the reebok we had about 35 million of debt, since then we have built a new academy and spent money on the infra structure of the reebok, we have invested over the last 2 years in younger players and those are mainly English with a good sell on value, so to me 50 million of debt considering the strides the club has made is not bad, finances look O.K. to me and there is certainly no black hole, with the Sky money at ?35 million a year there is no need to worry as long as we remain in the prem, virtually every premier club will be running at a bigger debt and losing far more than BWFC every week including Man united.

Mount - you miss my point. I was commenting on the last two years.

Over the same period of time that all those 'big earners' have left the club the debt has increased from a pretty static low-to-mid ?40M to over ?53M where it is today. Those 'big earners' have been replaced by a colection of even 'bigger earners' even though the squad has got smaller.

I agree with your point of staying in the Prem, Sky and debt but your original point was that many big earners had been removed from the club in the last two years freeing up room for a few more. The Financial Accounts of Burnden Leisure paint a different picture.

Its hardly rocket science is it

we had a wage bill that was bigger than what we were getting in

hence the debt going from 35 million to 50 mill

shall we carry on paying out more than we get in

I don?t know about a hole, but the figures don?t look great. Over two years the debt has increased from ?30 million to ?53 million. At first I thought the debt may have been restructured, so that we owed more but paid less in interest. That doesn?t appear to be the case.

We lost ?8 million last year on a turnover of ?60 million. The killer is the wage bill - ?39 million. How much that reduces now the likes of Anelka and Co have gone remains to be seen. Last years TV money didn?t cover it. This year?s wont either.

We make next to sod all from gate receipts. ?6 million. Arsenal make that in two games.

The idea that every Premier League club is worse off for debt than us doesn?t wash. Some are, some aren?t. The ones that have more debt (bar Fulham) have more income.

We?re a small club. From a financial point of view it?s amazing that we?ve lasted this long in the top flight.

I don?t know about a hole, but the figures don?t look great. Over two years the debt has increased from ?30 million to ?53 million. At first I thought the debt may have been restructured, so that we owed more but paid less in interest. That doesn?t appear to be the case.

We lost ?8 million last year on a turnover of ?60 million. The killer is the wage bill - ?39 million. How much that reduces now the likes of Anelka and Co have gone remains to be seen. Last years TV money didn?t cover it. This year?s wont either.

We make next to sod all from gate receipts. ?6 million. Arsenal make that in two games.

The idea that every Premier League club is worse off for debt than us doesn?t wash. Some are, some aren?t. The ones that have more debt (bar Fulham) have more income.

We?re a small club. From a financial point of view it?s amazing that we?ve lasted this long in the top flight.

We've talked over this many times.

Stay in The Prem and the banks are happy that the income stream is servicing the debts.

Get relegated and its a different matter!

As the French lad said, its not rocket science.

When we left Burnden and built the reebok we had about 35 million of debt, since then we have built a new academy and spent money on the infra structure of the reebok, we have invested over the last 2 years in younger players and those are mainly English with a good sell on value, so to me 50 million of debt considering the strides the club has made is not bad, finances look O.K. to me and there is certainly no black hole, with the Sky money at ?35 million a year there is no need to worry as long as we remain in the prem, virtually every premier club will be running at a bigger debt and losing far more than BWFC every week including Man united.

Eddie is lining his pockets, then letting us go under!

Ditto Garty - nobody is that fat without being on the take.

ITK

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.