Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

19 Games

YATESY

We all know the weaknesses of our team.

Its tedious

Go on then...

Chicken-and-Egg type question Hughesy.

Is it the lack of service or does the level of service not really matter because Elmander can't hit a barn door? I really am not sure but either way I was shocked when Jacko mentioned 19 games last night - I knew it was in double figures but bloody hell!

just wait for the backtracking

Garrp - I hoped I would but after numerous pre-season matches and 3 proper games this season he is still without a goal in 2009 for Bolton, despite having good chances to break his duck.

For me to "back-track" now would need him to go on a run of scoring like Anelka did after he ended his barren spell - with Elmander I seriously doubt that will happen.

I thought it was longer.

Just checked Traf and in a way both you and Jacko are correct:

Last goal for Bolton was on 13th December 2008 away at Villa

Since then he has started 19 league games, 1 FA Cup match and 1 League Cup match.

So its 19 league games but 21 competive games in total*.

* As I feel in a good mood today, I'm being kind to Elmander by not including the pre-season matches in this count up!!

Go on then...

Chicken-and-Egg type question Hughesy.

Is it the lack of service or does the level of service not really matter because Elmander can't hit a barn door? I really am not sure but either way I was shocked when Jacko mentioned 19 games last night - I knew it was in double figures but bloody hell!

It is a fair point Yatesy...............

To be fair last night Elmander looked as dangerous as i have seen him in a white shirt and the quality of balls in from wide areas was decent from JLS and Ricketts.......

At Hull Saturday it was a different matter completley. Neither full back got quality in to him and Elmander looked lost......

I dont know what else we can do apart from sign another Striker who can finish a chance. Id be more worried if we wasnt creating chances.............

So yeah 19 games without a goal is shit but he is he best weve got for now.

Fingers crossed he will bag 10-12 this season. If he does then i will be happy ish.

Know one can have a go at Elmanders effort mind

• Site Supporter

Elmander wasn't suitable for the Prem. Not his fault as he's never played in it.

He's improving but not quickly enough.

He's got until Christmas I think. He needs to be on 5 or 6 by then or he's off.

It's a shame because he doesn't lack effort and I've never seen him strop so his attitude isn't in question - rare in an ?8million striker.

Pity, we all hoped...

Elmander wasn't suitable for the Prem. Not his fault as he's never played in it.

He's improving but not quickly enough.

He's got until Christmas I think. He needs to be on 5 or 6 by then or he's off.

It's a shame because he doesn't lack effort and I've never seen him strop so his attitude isn't in question - rare in an ?8million striker.

Pity, we all hoped...

I hope its not 6 by Christmas - I have a bet on the go on Burnden Aces that if Elamnder scores more than 5 this season then each goal above five means 1 month without alcohol (i.e. 6 goals = 1 month, 7 goals = 2 months etc).

Not dissing the poor blighter, as he just hasn't settled into the speed and craftsmanship of the Prem - mainly because he hasn't had that many starts since he actually came to the club (yes I know its 19, but how many more could he have played in?). Practice makes perfect (hopefully - but please only 5 goals or less - for the sake of my liver wanting its weekly consumption of alcohol :rofl: )!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.