Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Smallest Away Support We've Ever Seen

Guest bwfcdan

Guest bwfcdan

Who's the smallest away support you've ever seen? Burnden included...

And whats the smallest support you've ever seen us take to a match?

Seeing as i only went to the one burnden park game, i'll use that... i saw no Charlton fans for the last match at Burnden... and as for our following i'll say Fulham, carling cup a few year back...100 if that there..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlton reduce their ticket allocation so more Bolton fans could see the final game. Their was about 100 iirc. Smallest away crowd for me was Wham a few years back, right after Munich i think? Less than 100 there.

Guest bwfcdan
One of the European teams we played,it may of been Aris that brought half a dozen!

Aris brought 2,500... i think you mean braga...

Seeing as i only went to the one burnden park game, i'll use that... i saw no Charlton fans for the last match at Burnden... and as for our following i'll say Fulham, carling cup a few year back...100 if that there..

JCL :pardon:

Charlton reduce their ticket allocation so more Bolton fans could see the final game. Their was about 100 iirc. Smallest away crowd for me was Wham a few years back, right after Munich i think? Less than 100 there.

Aye they only took that temporary seating stand behind the goal. 200 max. Think it was Rabotnicki that brought 12.

• Moderators
Swansea at burden. 1988 I think. There were 5 of them stood around the base of the floodlight on the embankment. Could of been a few in the paddock, but don't recall seeing any.

Swansea had a couple of hundred at least, one of them was quarter-caste and getting a lot of abuse.

How the fuck anyone can forget that Aris support so soon is beyond me. You need to lay off the ganja.

I can't remember anyone bringing less than Braga's 25 or so, even then Mastodonians had 75ish.

Swansea had a couple of hundred at least, one of them was quarter-caste and getting a lot of abuse.

How the fuck anyone can forget that Aris support so soon is beyond me. You need to lay off the ganja.

I can't remember anyone bringing less than Braga's 25 or so, even then Mastodonians had 75ish.

Swansea was first game I went to on my own. At 8 year old. WTF my parents were thinking I don't know.

For a season in the late 80's they published the away following figures in the programme, the lowest I remember was Torquay with 97.

George could verify this but I understand he may be busy on a Friday lunchtime.

Didn't buy them in 91/92 then?

Swansea had 47 supporters in the away end at Bolton in 91/92.

Torquay brought 64 with them that season.

• Site Supporter

which, as has already been discussed, was done as a favour to Bolton fans so that more Bolton could enjoy the last match at Burnden. Charlton are to be applauded for their stance rather than derided for it.

Smallest Away following I have been in was Man United in 1995 when they gave us an Official allocation of nil ( as the ground was being rebuilt ) There was about 30 of us reasonably close together in the Main Stand Corporate seats who tried to get a song going ... not sure how many others were dotted around but could not have been more than 100-150.

Smallest Wanderers following I know of us taking is 2 - thats from talking to Ruth Crawshaw who went to the friendlies played in Japan a couple of years back.

At Burnden prior to installation of an Away segregated area in about 1976 ? I can remember games in the 3rd division in 1971/72/73 when the visiting team scored and there was just silence .

Point well taken Carlos!It would of been Braga then!I was in NSU and it looked as though they only brought a handful!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.