Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

I have downloaded Rosemary's Baby, its an old one from 1968, supposed to be good, will be watching it tonight,

attempted to watch Dominion, the exorcist Prequel last night, I fell asleep after 30 mins, it was like a crap version of raiders of the lost ark from what i remember

Rosemary's Baby is quite seminal for me. If your into your cinema then it should be enjoyable if you can look past it's years. Happened the year before the Tate LaBianca murders and in some circles there's conspiracy that the film was somehow a driving force. What's more bizarre is the fact that it was the Beatles who influenced the murders!!! :blink:

• Moderators

I have downloaded Rosemary's Baby, its an old one from 1968, supposed to be good, will be watching it tonight,

attempted to watch Dominion, the exorcist Prequel last night, I fell asleep after 30 mins, it was like a crap version of raiders of the lost ark from what i remember

very good film , how "horrors" should be, slow moving and creepy to a shock of an end

• Moderators

Rosemary's Baby is quite seminal for me. If your into your cinema then it should be enjoyable if you can look past it's years. Happened the year before the Tate LaBianca murders and in some circles there's conspiracy that the film was somehow a driving force. What's more bizarre is the fact that it was the Beatles who influenced the murders!!! :blink:

and in turn they influenced the band Kasabian

and in turn they influenced the band Kasabian

Indeed, although i'm not sure of the relevance of the Tate LaBianca murders because Lynda Kasabian didn't actively partake in the murders and was apparantly the only one to show remorse. She was the star witness at the trial and had all her charges against her dropped for testifying against Manson and the girls.(She would have been up for atleast 2nd degree murder)

• Moderators

Indeed, although i'm not sure of the relevance of the Tate LaBianca murders because Lynda Kasabian didn't actively partake in the murders and was apparantly the only one to show remorse. She was the star witness at the trial and had all her charges against her dropped for testifying against Manson and the girls.(She would have been up for atleast 2nd degree murder)

she drove the getaway car or something

the relevance being she was there and knew what was going on, hence was the witness

she drove the getaway car or something

the relevance being she was there and knew what was going on, hence was the witness

If testimony is believed, she was an accomplice to the Tate murders but Tex Watson assigned her to stay with the vehicle as she wasn't composed enough to partake in the murders. She was the only person in Charles Manson's circle who had a valid drivers license, hence she was the driver of the car. With the LaBianca murders, she wasn't present nor took part. She took them on a wild goose chase when Manson suggested she kill someone who had put her down in life. I don't get your point though 'cos you just repeated what i'd already said. Why would you call a band after a witness in a murder trial? There were plenty of other witnesses not least the original suspect groundskeeper. Is there a song about her or something?

• Moderators

If testimony is believed, she was an accomplice to the Tate murders but Tex Watson assigned her to stay with the vehicle as she wasn't composed enough to partake in the murders. She was the only person in Charles Manson's circle who had a valid drivers license, hence she was the driver of the car. With the LaBianca murders, she wasn't present nor took part. She took them on a wild goose chase when Manson suggested she kill someone who had put her down in life. I don't get your point though 'cos you just repeated what i'd already said. Why would you call a band after a witness in a murder trial? There were plenty of other witnesses not least the original suspect groundskeeper. Is there a song about her or something?

ah, you mean her relevance to the name of the band? I read it as her relevance to the murders

serge just read about them once and liked the sound of her name, thought it would make a good band name, that's it

ah, you mean her relevance to the name of the band? I read it as her relevance to the murders

serge just read about them once and liked the sound of her name, thought it would make a good band name, that's it

Yeah I meant the band, sorry.

Fair enough, suppose stranger ways of making a name have come about.

Back on topic, a New Zealand indie "Boy" is very funny and highly recommended. :good:

• Moderators

Drag Me To Hell, a bit Samey with films of the Genre, worth a watch though

I did like the ending

because I don't do happy endings

watched Let The Right One In again last night

now there's a good "horror" film, even better 2nd time round

Reet the mrs is having a moan, she wants to watch a Romantic Comedy, now I reckon she might suck my plums later if I download a good one to watch, Can any of you metrosexuals recommend any apart from the usual tried and tested ones???

If I cant find one Ill whack on Die Hard, then have a wank later instead

watched another belting film this weekend, Watchmen

how comic action book films should be made

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4blSrZvPhU

Tis a quality film but could've been much better although much longer if they kept to the book.

Might've been better as a HBO mini series.

Watched Shutter Island on Friday night, pretty good film even if the 'twist' was pretty obvious as the film went on although the last line was pretty awesome.

Got Public Enemies to watch later this week.