Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tescos Are Sectarian!

Our local Tescos in Coatbridge put up their bunting along with Union Flags in store for their Royal Wedding promotions last week. We went in today and they had removed it all, when we asked the girl on Customer Services she said that they had received complaints accusing the store of being sectarian.....

The pettiness of some people is astounding!

The less said about the week long council sponsored St Patricks day fair the better!!

• Members

... and it's stories such as these that gain the BNP more support.

Scandalous.

Tescos should hang their heads in shame. Anyone who complains shoudl be politely told that their are Union Jacks on show BECAUSE THIS IS BRITAIN.

• Site Supporter

I don't believe any of these "political correctness gone mad" stories. The vast majority of them are pure bullshit. I've a good mind to make a phone call to the Coatbridge Tesco in order to corroborate your story.

They'll get the Union Flag banned in Scotland them lot.

Anything they don't like is classed as 'Sectarian'.

What about 'this lot' too, get the colour green banned?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/scottish-town-where-green-is-beyond-the-pale-981747.html?action=Popup

http://news.scotsman.com/religiousissuesinscotland/Nothing-about-Larkhall-is-black.3322012.jp

Shocking really

Equally pathetic if true.

Are you Wanderer123 re-incarnated by any chance?

Equally pathetic if true.

Are you Wanderer123 re-incarnated by any chance?

No.

I'd say it's more than equally pathetic. Asking them to take union flags down is very lame but an internationally renowned brand changing it's well known colour scheme to pander to bigots is beyond belief. There was even talk od Asda in Larkhall changing it's colour scheme haha!

I thought my Union Flag hung outside my house might offend my Muslim neighbours during the Royal Wedding this weekend.

Just to make, sure I wrote 'Allah is a cunt' on it.*

*Note - Before anyone gets shitty, I dont have a flag outside and I dont have Muslim neighbours.

Edited by Smiffs

I don't believe any of these "political correctness gone mad" stories. The vast majority of them are pure bullshit.

I noticed this made the front page of The Sun today:

Kung Fu International (incident).

The web version seems different to the paper version - that was going all out for the 'political correctness gone mad - all revealed inside' angle.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Back in the day, Glasgow's trams were painted orange and green. I can't remember whether it was the top that was orange or the bottom. Presumably it depended on your religion whether or not you went upstairs.

I thought my Union Flag hung outside my house might offend my Muslim neighbours during the Royal Wedding this weekend.

Just to make, sure I wrote 'Allah is a cunt' on it.*

*Note - Before anyone gets shitty, I dont have a flag outside and I dont have Muslim neighbours.

Is Allah still a cunt though? :dribble:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.