Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

So You Think

bolty58

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:good:

I told you I had a feeling about it....not that it ever looked like winning, another couple of yards and SYT would have nicked that 3rd place

You did indeed.

I also felt that once they both got drawn in the car park, neither of them were going to win.

You don't win the Arc from stall 12 upwards.

SYT was in 14 and your Snow Fairy was in 13.

Mind you, i did also say I didn't like Heffernan and I think he could have done better.

The Aussie jockey Arnold should have been on SYT.

• Members

Just back from the National Scooter rally weekend. Liver fooked but I avoided all news channels etc. so I could watch the race before knowing the result. Shiyte draw, shiyte jockey, shiyte ride, shiyte result.

Sorry lads - you will just have to take it on trust that he is better than that. Cummings tratining and Arnold riding would have made for a different result. Doesn't ease the pain in the hip pocket region however.

• Members

Oi, don't be mobbing up with the Bacup bugger, I lost ?20, no tea fert kids last Sunday, I couldn't give the ale up after such a traumatic day could I :pardon:

If it gives you any comfort, I gave them back a four digit sum which I had made out of SYT over the last few months. Bothered? Nay lad. The vagaries of punting. It only hurts for a minute.

Equally, I don't go ballistic when I win big either. A gamblers winnings are like a maidens kisses. They fade before the dawn.

• Members

As an Aside: Black Caviar goes for her 14th straight win at 3.20am Saturday!

...and 1.08 on Betfair is overs! Only remote danger is Karuta Queen who will give a lot of cheek.

Later on, the Caulfield Guineas is the big one. 3 potential equine superstars in it - Smart Missile, Helmet and Manawanui.

I am in the Smart Missile camp on the basis that he is the only horse to have beaten the next Aussie superhorse (Sepoy) and at his last two runs he has been blighted with the worst luck you can possibly imagine.

Strong feeling he'll put the record straight tomorrow.

• Members

That was embarrassingly easy and the trainer has confirmed she'll be travelling overseas. Get ready to witness something freakish at Royal Ascot.

Smart Missile went terribly so I am now left with my best bet of the day - Testa My Patience in the last at Caulfield.