Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Swp

• Moderators

I would love SWP at the breeze block I think he would provide great service for Davo and Klasnic.. Eagles on one wing and SWP on the other. Hope it comes off

it'd be great

we'd score 2 every week

unfortunately, we'd be conceding 10

Need to get our finger out the lad wants to come, we want to sign him. 4 million plus wages might be a lot for us stump up but you get what you pay for and this lad is top draw.

How do you know, he hasn't played regularly for years!

Why don't we just stick Muamba and K.Davies on each wing, forget about any craft our owt, just destroy the opponents and just play it down the middle with no strikers, 5-6-0 formation, we won't be conceding 10 then, though I don't think we did with Petrov and Lee.

Why don't we just stick Muamba and K.Davies on each wing, forget about any craft our owt, just destroy the opponents and just play it down the middle with no strikers, 5-6-0 formation, we won't be conceding 10 then, though I don't think we did with Petrov and Lee.

Sounds like a plan.

All about opinions i know, he changed the game when he came on in the fa cup semi against utd and he can be a match winner, at the moment we don t have to many of those.

Can't think of many who is realistically an ideal replacement for crippled Lee.

2 right wingers on top money, plus eagles

and nowt for the left

is that really a plan?

How much is Chungy on? I'd be surprised if it's 'top' money.

Also, why are you worrying about NEXT season? Chungy is finished for this season, that means we need a replacement - ie SWP.

Petrov will be out of contract at the end of this season. That gives us plenty of time to find a replacement for him.

Not quite sure what your issue is with either SWP or Lee playing on the left anyway. Mancini and Capello both think SWP is capable of playing there.

?60K a week is ?3m a year.

Sounds a big slice of our affordable salary budget for one player who may or may not provide a solution.

Our first choice right winger is out for the season. I'd say SWP is a solution. He's a proven PL performer with a lot of England caps. I wouldn't say ?60k per week is unreasonable.

I don't get why anyone would thinking he may not provide a solution. :blink:

• Moderators

How much is Chungy on? I'd be surprised if it's 'top' money.

Also, why are you worrying about NEXT season? Chungy is finished for this season, that means we need a replacement - ie SWP.

Petrov will be out of contract at the end of this season. That gives us plenty of time to find a replacement for him.

Not quite sure what your issue is with either SWP or Lee playing on the left anyway. Mancini and Capello both think SWP is capable of playing there.

mancini and capello?

neither of 'em pick him so don't know why i should believe they think he's good enough!

and i didn't introduce 'next year'

really?

lets get owen and upson, too

Nah, none of them can play left wing. :roll:

You said "two right wingers, plus Eagles .. and nowt for the left. Is that really a plan?".

That would make no sense if you were talking about this season - hence my assumption you were talking about next season.

Mancini and Capello currently don't pick SWP because they believe they have better options in the likes of Adam Johnson, David Silva, Ashley Young, etc. No shame in that. We don't have anyone better than him at present, but I think you already knew that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.