Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Time To Step Up To The Plate

roybarker

Come on girls stop squabbling.

The writing was on the wall from last season but was not properly addressed. But for the goals from Sturrige we would have dropped then.

that's another fallacy people like to trot out.

Elmander was scoring until Coyle shufted him into random positions to accommodate Sturridge and Fat Kev.

If anything it was Elmanders goals that kept us up as Sturridges goals came during our post Christmas collapse

Elmander was scoring until Coyle shufted him into random positions to accommodate Sturridge and Fat Kev.

If anything it was Elmanders goals that kept us up as Sturridges goals came during our post Christmas collapse

Frank you know Facts arnt allowed on here!

Sturridge didn't just bring goals. He brought all round PL quality. An ability to keep the ball as well as win it from deep and attack with it.

The Klasnic and Davies partnership has been costing us all season and Coyle can't see it and will no doubt revert to it on Saturday. Neither come with ball holding abilities, meaning each time it goes up to them, it comes straight back in the form of an attacking opposition move, meaning the back line is too often exposed, hence the appalling defensive record. On top of this, neither are the type of players to drop back and win the ball from midfield and attack with it in the way that Sturridge would, meaning we're constantly having to rely on a good pass or cross from which to score.

Thanks for reading,

Gloria.

Sturridge didn't just bring goals. He brought all round PL quality. An ability to keep the ball as well as win it from deep and attack with it.

The Klasnic and Davies partnership has been costing us all season and Coyle can't see it and will no doubt revert to it on Saturday. Neither come with ball holding abilities, meaning each time it goes up to them, it comes straight back in the form of an attacking opposition move, meaning the back line is too often exposed, hence the appalling defensive record. On top of this, neither are the type of players to drop back and win the ball from midfield and attack with it in the way that Sturridge would, meaning we're constantly having to rely on a good pass or cross from which to score.

Thanks for reading,

Gloria.

fuck off with your little poxy statements at the end of a paragraph

From the assumptions just in this topic Coyle needs a masterstroke of genius to keep us in the prem.

I would say if he got rid of the inept backroom staff and employed qualified, experienced staff that would be a good start

During the Newcastle game it showed the bench and one of the coaches was bigger than Big E

The others looked like rabbits in a headlight

I would say if he got rid of the inept backroom staff and employed qualified, experienced staff that would be a good start

During the Newcastle game it showed the bench and one of the coaches was bigger than Big E

The others looked like rabbits in a headlight

That'll be his brother-in-law the kit man.

not a clue he's also spotted waddling his way round the pitch during the pre game warm-up engaging in 'banter' with the players

thats exactly what I was on about, inept staff

I'd rather see phil brown or mcclaren on the pitch with the players than mister blobby

thats exactly what I was on about, inept staff

I'd rather see phil brown or mcclaren on the pitch with the players than mister blobby

While mentioning Phil Brown i would bring him in as a coach and motivator ( sad to say we need one ) The current coaches obviously aren't good enough , so Brown can't be any worse and i'm sure he could get the players more up for it.

• Moderators

it was clearly both of there goals that kept us up - though Sturridge's goals could be considered more valuable if we were collapsing at the time (gained us 2 v Wolves and 1 v Newcastle for example) - however the only real "collapse" was the last 5 games where we lost all 5 and he only scored 1

so fair to say it was both of them combined that kept us up

one scored most of his in the 1st half of the season and the other in the 2nd half

I'd have said we would have been far more comfortable by the end of the season had SKD been the one to make way

Edited by ZicoKelly