Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Emma Davies Article On Dead Line Day

freds dad

Don't be an ignorant fucker. It can be traumatic constantly moving your kids about, especially for them and the mother. My dad used to teach Dowies lad and he suffered serious depression and anxiety when his dad moved down south to manage and left him.

My heart bleeds. Hard is you and your misses both working over 60 hours a week with 2 kids, to meet rent, council tax and food bills.

Atleast that family has the luxury of having the mum being at home for the kids.

Edited by DIPS

She's a nice enough girl & it's a well enough written article but really, I'm not sure many will have too much sympathy for her or any professional in the higher echelons of football.

DIPS has a point re: mother being home for the kids, as she has been for most of their lives.

Money isn't everything you daft sod. You can be on all the money you want but if you're far enough away from the people you care about it can be really hard. Trust me, I speak from experience.

Tosh.

As a child my family moved around a lot, including living abroad, twice.

It's part of life, get on with it. If you don't like it, do something about it. Don't give me a bollox heart throb story about it.

We'll differ in opinion on this, be assured, I also speak from experience. People are made differently though, grow a pair.

Tosh.

It's part of life, get on with it. If you don't like it, do something about it. Don't give me a bollox heart throb story about it.

We'll differ in opinion on this, be assured, I also speak from experience. People are made differently though, grow a pair.

ditto

Tosh.

Spot on mate.

She married a footballer and had a family with a footballer - what does any lady who does this expect?

It won't be a difficult life in 3 years or so when I imagine SKD will have retired and they can live wherever they please and have enough money not to lift a finger.

As previously said I feel more for people whose parents work on the rigs or in the army and have to spend months at a time and many miles away from there families.

Decent enough and honest article, fair enough for that and yeah I'd feel sorry for the kids, but after that I don't think one partner working about 20 hours a week for millions whilst the other doesn't have to work at all is really much of a hardship or worry

Worry is losing your job and your home. Wondering how to feed the kids and pay the bills. Not knowing what bad news the postman will bring next. That's fucking worry.

Millions would swap that for the disaster of juicy signing on fee and weekly wages worth more than the national average salary, even if they had to live in Sunderland. Would it make them happy, maybe not always, but the thought the family is secure and their kids are fed clothed and safe first and foremost far outweighs anything else.

Tosh.

So your experience wasn't so bad then? Doesn't mean everyone's made of the same stuff. Your family moved around, including living abroad. Congratulations! Your whole family stayed together. I bet if your family lived somewhere away from everyone they know and your dad suddenly had to go somewhere else leaving just you and your mum, your mum would be upset about it. In fact, I almost guarantee your parents were upset about it at some point but didn't let on to you kids. That's how parents protect their children from these kinds of things.

You'd probably know that if you actually had a soul.

Also, the line "People are made differently though, grow a pair" just shows how retarded you actually are. You agree that people deal with things in different ways and then state that anyone who can't handle it needs to change the way they deal with it. Idiot.

So your experience wasn't so bad then? Doesn't mean everyone's made of the same stuff. Your family moved around, including living abroad. Congratulations! Your whole family stayed together. I bet if your family lived somewhere away from everyone they know and your dad suddenly had to go somewhere else leaving just you and your mum, your mum would be upset about it. In fact, I almost guarantee your parents were upset about it at some point but didn't let on to you kids. That's how parents protect their children from these kinds of things.

You'd probably know that if you actually had a soul.

Also, the line "People are made differently though, grow a pair" just shows how retarded you actually are. You agree that people deal with things in different ways and then state that anyone who can't handle it needs to change the way they deal with it. Idiot.

we moved to south africa when i was a youngster, within months my dad was sent working in darkest africa sometimes only coming home once every two months, shit happens, you get on with it, we were the opposite side of the world to any family, she is a millionairess whos family is a train ride away, she could employ nannies to sort the kids whilst she found a new place to live or even pay a professional to find another dream home

I'm self employed and have to work all over the place, Ive been away for months at a time, things have to be done, I've missed a good part of my boy growing up, if she is that bothered, why doesnt she tell kevin to quit his job and get one at the local tesco stakig shelves and move into aa two up two down terrace house in halliwell

these pampered types have no idea

Edited by anewman

Tosh.

I know, but look at how you turned out (!)