Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1St Olympic Event, 2 Days Before The Opening Ceremony...

My nephew has just picked his uniforms up for his job in the Olympics, he's a line referee in the Beach Volleyball the lucky sod :)

surely a qualification for that job is to be gay. fuckin hell, linesmen in football get it wrong looking at hairy arsed men... never mind a semi clad Brazilian 20 year old supermodel. in saying that... who gives a fuck, nobody cares about the game when they watch it.... do they?

Edited by jazza

Yes - the SFA made it clear they did not want to jeodardise their independence.

I think it would have been better to have had an u23 tournament EvSvWvNI with winners representing GB.

There are Scots in the wimmin's team.

The scotsman Jordan Rhodes just missed the cut.

The FAW were just as eager to protect their status as the SFA.

The fact there's no jocks in the side has nowt to do with the politics its the fact they're shite.

Guest Frandsen08

The scotsman Jordan Rhodes just missed the cut.

The FAW were just as eager to protect their status as the SFA.

The fact there's no jocks in the side has nowt to do with the politics its the fact they're shite.

Agreed. The jocks saying that they aren't allowing their players to participate is like when michael carrick saying he is ruling himself out of the euros.

Agreed. The jocks saying that they aren't allowing their players to participate is like when michael carrick saying he is ruling himself out of the euros.

Had Sturridge been ruled out with his meningitis then Rhodes was next in line and there would've been a scotcher in the side.

I really don't get the fact that football is in the Olympics.

The Olympic ideal is about being "the best" in the world. These football teams aren't the best in the world by virtue of the fact that they have age restrictions in place. It's just bollocks.

All the other sports represented in the Olympics generally have the best competitors in the world taking part (wth the exception of when the selectors fuck it up like in the case of the British Taekwondo bloke)

Who ever wins the 100M will be the best 100M runner in the world, who ever wins the Roman-Greco wrestling gold medal will be the best in the world at that event.....which ever team wins the Olympic football team won't be the best team in the world, or indeed even close to it.

Football is not an olympic sport

• Moderators

I really don't get the fact that football is in the Olympics.

The Olympic ideal is about being "the best" in the world. These football teams aren't the best in the world by virtue of the fact that they have age restrictions in place. It's just bollocks.

All the other sports represented in the Olympics generally have the best competitors in the world taking part (wth the exception of when the selectors fuck it up like in the case of the British Taekwondo bloke)

Who ever wins the 100M will be the best 100M runner in the world, who ever wins the Roman-Greco wrestling gold medal will be the best in the world at that event.....which ever team wins the Olympic football team won't be the best team in the world, or indeed even close to it.

Football is not an olympic sport

nah, it's just about everyone coming together for a kick about, but for wanky sports like athletics, it's more than likely their pinnacle

you can be the fastest at the 100m but not be an olympic gold medalist, depending on when you break the record

there's loads of sports in the olympics that aren't the "highest level" - basketball, boxing, football, tennis, bet that's not all either - reckon there'll be more prestigous sailing events too

Is anyone else going to the Theatre of Shite toneet? I don't think I've ever had a ticket for anything I've been more underwhelmed by...

It's a 'double header' (ooer!), as the Yanks say, with the United Arab Emirates versus Uruguay first up. I've never liked the invariably dirty, cheating, 'dish it out but can't take it' Uruguay, so I'm lending my support to the U.A.E. and if they score I'm going to shout "Allahu Akbar!" at the top of my voice :)

At least those going will get to see our Marvin play...And perform the odd act of 'desecration' perhaps? :shiftyninja:

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Guest Frandsen08

Is anyone else going to the Theatre of Shite toneet? I don't think I've ever had a ticket for anything I've been more underwhelmed by...

It's a 'double header', as the Yanks say, with the United Arab Emirates versus Uruguay first up. I've never liked the invariably dirty, cheating, 'dish it out but can't take it' Uruguay, so I'm lending my support to the U.A.E. and if they score I'm going to shout "Allahu Akbar!" at the top of my voice :)

At least those going will get to see our Marvin play...And perform the odd act of 'desecration' perhaps? :shiftyninja:

I'll shall be at the evening game taking my kid brother because i got it on a freebie from work im a good brother

I'll bet you don't.......I hope you do though, we need him getting some game time

As I'm going for the early game I probably won't even if he plays - because f I don't immediately get enraptured with new-found fervour for Th'lympics, I'll probably have pissed off home by 7pm :)

I'll shall be at the evening game taking my kid brother because i got it on a freebie from work im a good brother

The only times I ever 'treat' someone to a match or gig etc. the tickets usually have '£5 concession' or 'complimentary' printed on them because I'm a tight sod and then if they don't enjoy it, we haven't wasted money on expensive tickets.

You forget about all the additional costs though, like £4 for a paper cup of warm Coca-Cola or £1,299 for a hotdog.

You forget about all the additional costs though, like £4 for a paper cup of warm Coca-Cola

Try and enter the stadium carrying a couple of 2litre bottles of Pepsi, and see if they stop you because they aren;t one of the official sponsors. If they do try and stop you, just shake the bottle up as hard as you can, and then open them into their faces