Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Cricket

• Site Supporter

Irrelevant Micky. Taking off your Bradshaw cap for a minute, Shirley you'd have to admit that if Bradshaw were to play on Sunday that would give them an unfair advantage?

My Bradshaw cap comes off as soon as Horwich's Horwich cap comes off.

I am enjoying the bickering above but want to congratulate Tonge on their win at the weekend. Their skipper Danny is a mate and I am sure he will turn round that club. It's a different sport but I learned more about football in playing a few games alongside him than from all the coaches I had through the years put together.

Whizz - the voice of reason

Been plotting the future of the BCL this evening on the steering group. Some good ideas put forward and decisions made. Til it reaches the agm........

Lostock have no ground and asked to play Bradshaw on the Saturday at horwich, horwich refused and Bradshaw agreed to play on Sunday, however when it rained the league then deemed the game abandoned even though Lostock had no way of ever being able to fulfil the fixture. If a club cannot fulfil a fixture rules says the opposition claim maximum points.

• Moderators

Lostock have no ground and asked to play Bradshaw on the Saturday at horwich, horwich refused and Bradshaw agreed to play on Sunday, however when it rained the league then deemed the game abandoned even though Lostock had no way of ever being able to fulfil the fixture. If a club cannot fulfil a fixture rules says the opposition claim maximum points.

55652438.jpg

The fact of the matter is, had we have found a ground to be able to play the game at then, along with every other game, it would'be been rained off.

I can understand Bradshaw's frustration, but fail to see how they can think the chance to play on Sunday doesn't give them an unfair advantage.

I just hope it pisses it down all day Sunday so the arguments are pointless anyway.

Oh, and as Whites Man mentions above, congratulations to Tonge on their win, fair play to them and hope they can strengthen next season.

Oh aye, and whilst I'm at it, congratulations to our first XI too, debut season in the Bolton Legaue and a probable top 8 finish despite every game being an away game.

Edited by DazBob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...